Best Place to Tame Nightmares?

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Direwolf

Best Place to Tame Nightmares?

Post by Direwolf »

Hi, where is the easiest place to tame nightmares, minimal spawn, etc...???

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Best Place to Tame Nightmares?

Post by applejack »

You'll find that a lot of tamers are jerks who won't reveal spawn spots. This should help:

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 13#p161113
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

thanks, I will try those spots and use tracking

so.... Mares spawn randomly throughout the lands and then wander around????

Horsewang

Post by Horsewang »

I've never seen one wild. I've spent a lot of time in the Lost Lands. I do enjoy taming things, naming them "a nightmare" and releasing them. =)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

People are constantly checking those coordinates I listed in that thread using tracking at all times of the day. It's not very likely that you will see one unless you are very persistant and beat out the other 5-6 greedy tamers that camp the spots 24/7.

Think of it like "rare" hunting.

Horsewang

Post by Horsewang »

So i was just running through the lost lands and saw a wild nightmare, which i tamed. Kinda funny, since i just posted how i've never seen one. I was just east of delucia on the path. It took about 25 tries at 96.1 taming

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

Okay guys i will set the Record straight once and for all. I have never kept it a secret and i have told a lot of people.
Some people believe me some don't.

First off Nightmares only spawn in THREE places in T2a. I know people say no that's not right but i have been here a little under 4 months and i have never seen a mare out of these 3 spots.

First of all NO ONE told me where to find them, i took time to look and building TAMING along the way pretty much showed me where they are. So i don't understand the people who come here asking or those that FLAME about greedy tamers.

So i will tell EVERYONE now and there will no longer be a big question about it.
Nightmares spawn in three places

1. East of Delucia. If you are where the 2 bridges are (one facing N-S and one facing W-E) you are in the right area.
2. Oasis. Plan and simple. It spawns there and no it doesn't WANDER far off
3. Cyclops Valley. In the very NW corner there is a small dead end passage. You will find it here. (it doesn't spawn here often)

As for the timers. what i have come to find out is there is a mare anywhere from SERVER UP until 7-8 am. If you come later than this and find one you are lucky. Also i have found most of them LATE at night between 11-3am. If you look around this time and hes not there someone probably already got him.
I have heard of people taming them 30 mins apart. I have never seen or tamed one in this close of a time frame. If you don't see one in one of these 3 locations the mare is not up.
The timer seems to be at least 8-12 hours between spawns and i have NEVER seen more than 2 mares a DAY.

I tried to attach a pic but for some reason it wont let me. So i leave this link if anyone thinks im full of crap.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3383/mares.png

People may flame me and whine about telling but its not a very BIG secret.
Enjoy

Lanie- GM Tamer.

Direwolf

Post by Direwolf »

sounds about right, I remember Oasis had mares, and silver steeds for a few days and they fought each other was cool, I seem to remember cyclops valley spawn also

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

It doesn't happen often, but you can get all three of them in the same day. I've often gotten two back-to-back in the time it takes to tame, recall to stable, and then recall to next spot. The above information is true, though I think they are slightly changed now...or broader areas. I hope that they'll start putting in the FIVE areas that nightmares used to spawn as it seems that there are a "select" few camping the spawns and driving up the prices to artificial levels these days...which is sad. Perhaps with the extra spots more people would be able to actually tame them on their own and the prices wouldn't be so artificially high from people hording them and refusing to sell for anything less than "their" set price.
Special Projects Minion.

Downs

Post by Downs »

Jorel wrote: I tried to attach a pic but for some reason it wont let me. So i leave this link if anyone thinks im full of crap.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3383/mares.png

People may flame me and whine about telling but its not a very BIG secret.
Enjoy

Lanie- GM Tamer.
That picture reminds me of the days of onslaught all killing everything in sight! ahh memories
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Sexy Smithy

Post by Sexy Smithy »

Here is the UO Second Age Mare Spawn Locations:

Safe Travels,

~Smithy
Special Projects Minion.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I get asked about these locations a lot. Bump for good info.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Return to “Guides”