Cliloc error when starting UO.

Jorako

Cliloc error when starting UO.

Post by Jorako »

Have been playing for a month or so on a daily basis with not issue. Went to start UO the other day and i get this error.

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.ENU':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

Uninstalled and re-installed and it worked. Play for a while, shut it down and came back a couple hour later to the same error. Now the only way i can play the game is if i uninstall and re-install it. tried running in admin mode and it just stops responding.

Game is patched to the correct v. and i am running vista 32 bit.

Derrick

Re: Cliloc error when starting UO.

Post by Derrick »

This access exception occurs under Visa when Razor does not have full access to the client folder.

Try running Razor as Administrator, by right clicking on the shortcut, and choose "Run as administrator"
Jorako wrote:Have been playing for a month or so on a daily basis with not issue. Went to start UO the other day and i get this error.

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.ENU':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

Uninstalled and re-installed and it worked. Play for a while, shut it down and came back a couple hour later to the same error. Now the only way i can play the game is if i uninstall and re-install it. tried running in admin mode and it just stops responding.

Game is patched to the correct v. and i am running vista 32 bit.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."