A Pair of Vanquishing Kats

Not sure what a certain item is worth? Post a price check here!

Moderator: Trade Moderators

poogoblin

A Pair of Vanquishing Kats

Post by poogoblin »

I know these aren't the MOST sought after due to the tactics being low/nonexistant but I'm fairly poor an will take what I can get for it.

I'm wanting to sell these as a set:

+5 fortfied katana of vanq
and
Indestructible katana of vanq

Was planning at doing a starting bid of 15k for the pair is this about right? Would there even be a demand for these since they aren't 20+ tactics? Thanks for the info, just getting started in the magic wep dealings.

China

Re: A Pair of Vanquishing Kats

Post by China »

there's not much love on the forums, your best bet is to hit up IRC for price checks. look at all the posts here with 0 replies. basically, you only get a price idea if someone is also interested in buying what you have to offer, and it's usually on the very low side.

I'd love to give you an idea of what those swords are worth, but I'm new as well and struggling to understand the economy. the lack of people willing to help only makes it that much more difficult to become a legitimate merchant.
valour has been extremely helpful to me on irc, so maybe look for him.

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

China wrote: the lack of people willing to help only makes it that much more difficult to become a legitimate merchant.

No personal offense, but you are doing many things wrong then. I've been here for awhile, and the amount of knowledgeable people on this server willing to help is second to none.

There are multiple Merchant guilds out there...look at $$$. You would have absolutely no problem starting as a merchant...a successful merchant with a support structure to help you out with any pricing questions you may have. If you are looking to solo it, then don't get pissy if you don't receive an immediate response.

Now to the item(s) at hand...the Kats. Try an auction that ends on a Wednesday night @ around 11:30pm EST. Start it out @ 15k for the pair. Like you said, they aren't the best but people get boners for any type of vanq kat, so someone out there will give you at least that for them i would imagine.

Sorry for the wall of text :)

[23:25] <chainsoar> some rat f#&* on foot just killed me with a single ebolt

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

China

Post by China »

ShastaMcNasty wrote:No personal offense, but you are doing many things wrong then.
the first of which being posting price checks in the price check forum, obviously. I'm not alone, look at the topics in this forum- at least 50% have 0 replies.
including this one: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8483 :shock:

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

lol...i heard WoW has a terrific merchant forum. If you aren't happy here...maybe you should try it out. Azeroth is calling you....

[18:19] <MatrondeWinter> I once saw ShastaMcNasty kill chad- with only a pitchfork, 5 bandaids, and the unlock spell.

China

Post by China »

great idea, drive away players for pointing out the obvious lack of helpfulness in the price check forum. way to prove a point 8)

ShastaMcNasty
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by ShastaMcNasty »

China wrote:great idea, drive away players for pointing out the obvious lack of helpfulness in the price check forum. way to prove a point 8)

there isn't a lack of helpfulness, just people lacking any sort of patience. I already did a pc on this, as well as gave him info on ways to get help AND a forum auction format. And i stand by my suggestion of going to WoW....you are obviously lazy and need someone to hold your hand. You yourself JUST stated you are new to this forum/server and have no idea of the economy. If you are jaded for some reason regarding forum response time...don't chime in on a price check forum with absolutely no help to offer. kthxbye

China

Post by China »

ShastaMcNasty wrote:don't chime in on a price check forum with absolutely no help to offer
China wrote:your best bet is to hit up IRC for price checks...
valour has been extremely helpful to me on irc, so maybe look for him.
sorry, what?

I'm sure the price check forum is proud of you, brave e-defender, but you're doing more to hurt your cause than help. your only goal now is to drive me away because I recommended a dude check IRC since the forums don't get you any replies. think about that. what a ridiculous motivation.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

I just noticed today that new posts for the price check forum do not come up when you just click on "trading post" like the new buy/sell ones do.

China is right that the traffic and responses on the pc forum are pretty bad (truthfully our trading post forum in general isn't overly visited) I'm guessing this has to do with the major dependancy on IRC.

Thanks for the quote Shasta, I did end up selling these at 15k.

Return to “Price Check”