Tracking

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Tracking

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm thinking of starting up a character with Tracking, but I'm not sure how to best take advantage of the skill. Maybe a PK that uses tracking to roam the land for victims? What kind of templates do people use with tracking? I could make a typical dex template (Magery, Weapon, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Resist) and add tracking easily... or maybe the typical 5 mage skills (Magery, Wrestling, Resist, EvalInt, Meditation), add Tracking and still have one slot left... any ideas? Thanks!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tracking

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

I use it on my thief to track players hidden in houses, dungeons etc. Helps me find targets to steal from.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

that's probably where low tracking would come in most useful, a stealth house looting character inching their way through a house.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Low tracking (I think 20.4 or 21.4, can't remember) will show you anyone on your screen hiding. However, once tracked, you can still spot them several screens out. Great for pvp in areas like brit gy, so you can follow which way they're running and cut them off or changing direction, or if they try to randomly hide somewhere.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think it might be higher then that...I had low 30's (maybe it was 25) and sometimes I had a hard time finding my guildmates on screen in plain view!
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:that's probably where low tracking would come in most useful, a stealth house looting character inching their way through a house.
Wait... why would you need tracking to know where a hidden player is? If you're in their house... why would you care where they are? Wouldn't you just want to grab stuff as fast as you could and get out?

Also, Arkosh - are you saying that you find people hidden in houses with the doors unlocked?

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:I think it might be higher then that...I had low 30's (maybe it was 25) and sometimes I had a hard time finding my guildmates on screen in plain view!
It's 21.4 real, turns in to like 28-30 shown. When I used it, I never had it fail, considering the opponent was somewhere on the screen.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Return to “New Player Help”