problem with razor and vista

Goose

problem with razor and vista

Post by Goose »

hi,

i have installed everything needed tun this for vista. i have downloaded te framework 1.1 and installed it. says installed succesfully

i have downloaded the uo success, installed setup.exe and says success, however when i click finish it says i havent completed the install, but it did say installed success when i finished installing the firs time

razor seems to have installed success and when i try to start it gives me this error. not sure if it had to do with the setup in uo or not

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.ENU':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

can anyone help. i have deleted and re downloaded and reinstalled like 3 times and cant get it to work

-Goose

Derrick

Re: problem with razor and vista

Post by Derrick »

Hey Goose.

I think the solution to your problem is in this thread:
Subject: FAQ: Client/Installation Problems/Issues
cewp wrote:When loading up UO through Razor I seem to get an error saying "unable to locate cliloc" and it crashes; how do I fix this?
Solution found by BudBaker:
You need to install the patch that is IN the EXTRACTED folder. The folder that you installed the game from. You must run the patch in this folder after completing the FULL INSTALLATION option.
If that doesn't fix it, check your client version and report it here.

Best of luck, sorry about the late reply.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

[/quote]

Best of luck, sorry about the late reply.[/quote]

D@@@@@ derrick for your slow reply are you not a god that never sleeps and always answers player prayers in timely manner??

Oh sh@t my bad your Derrick the awsome server admin that is helpful .. MY bad ..

(just joking everyone knows your timely and just messing with ya) .. ty for your help to this guy in getting his problem solved in a timely manner so we can add him to "our"/your little shard ..

anyways ps to new player if i can help ya with anything message me on forums

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Goose

Post by Goose »

I assuming your talking the patch5.0.8.3.exe. i did full install before the the patch. i unistalled the game and tried reinstaling the game and i am getting the error:

an error occured while copying the file skilname.deu
Access denied.
Ultima Online: The second age will not be installed correctly without this file
Would you like to attempt to continue the installation?

this has come up before when installing and sometimes it hasn't

i tried uninstalling and installing again, and it says installed succesfully. when i click finish it asks about installing the demo. regardless of which i choose after selecting one of the options its says i have not completed the install. this time i didn't get the skillname.deu error, but i am wondering if it is the same error, its just not giving me the error?

any advice

-Goose
Last edited by Goose on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm not sure what causes this, but others have had this problem too.
The file along with some other related files are posted on our webserver:
http://www.uosecondage.com/misc/skills.zip
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Goose

Post by Goose »

Hi Derrick,

Where should i be installing this file. in the uo install folder or the extracted folder? or am i not installing either

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

During installation, choose to Continue when you get the error, then once you are all installed try to patch up using the method in which you copy the patch.5.0.8.3 file into the destination folder first.
After that, you can copy those files into the game folder. Those are the final versions of those files.

Skipping the file during installation should do no harm.
If the patcher chokes because that file is missing though, go ahead and copy it before you patch.

For more responsive help, jump in our IRC channel, the info is in the right column of our main website

Goose

Post by Goose »

Hi Derrick. Don't really know about IRC. sorry for inconvenience

Ok, some of those errors have gone, at least it appears, but i getting this error in razor now. Thanks for all the help

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xf2c (3884), Thread id=0xe18 (3608).
Click ok to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

when i click and cancel it gives me no debugger found

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT
debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2
(2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xf2c

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

It does open UO and the client appears to be updated with the correct patch, but i can't log in still. says not updated with the right version

-Goose

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Are you actually getting into the game? What does the version say under the password box on the login screen?
How far do you get, at what point do you get this error.

This is similar the the error you get in Vista if you don't turn the music off, but that usually doesn't happen until you can actually log in :/

Goose

Post by Goose »

Ok, when i do a fresh install, everything seems to be ok. When i start razor i get all these errors AFTER pressing ok: It opens UO game for log in but razor gives me this error

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xf2c (3884), Thread id=0xe18 (3608).
Click ok to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

If i press ok, it closes everything
if i press cancel i get this error

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT
debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2
(2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xf2c

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

when i press retry, nothing happens
When i press cancel i get this

There was an exception while attempting to load 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.ENU':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\cliloc.enu" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()

during all this no matter what i press, the uo game will open, while my screen flashed 5 or 6 times.

the loging appears normal, under passowrd it says:
UO version 5.0.8.3 (patch 204)

when i log on (have had an acct for quite some time now) i get this error.

We were unable to authenticate your login. Usually this means the either a newer client patch is now available or that the account name or password you provided are incorrect. Please check your caps lock key and try re-entering your account name and password. Please restart your client if you continue to receive this error. If this is a new account, your account may not be active yet. Please try again shortly. If you continue to experience problems please contact customer support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is how i am installing everything.
Downloading UO client, framework 1.1, and razor into my downloads folder. I dbl click the UO client and it makes a folder in my download folder which is a client folder. I dbl click the setup for uo. advanced, intall UO: the second age. Goes thru the install and says installed succesfully. Asks if i want to install the demo. If i choose yes or no goes back to setup screen. When i click on finish, it says i havent finished the install, amd i sure i want ot quit. i get this even if i say no and resinstall no matter what. I click ok and exit anyway.

Then i dbl click patch.5.0.8.3, and go through. (not changing anything, just letting it do its thing. installs succesfully.

Razor installs everything successfully. This is what i have in all the razor fields.

Load client: 2D (Auto Detect)
UO Data Directory :(Auto Detect)
Server: uosecondage.com
Port 2593

All the errors i am getting above is happening after i click OK on razor. Not getting any errors before razor opens, except for the one after installing uo being not fully installed

sorry for such the long post, but i really can't figure this out. Hope this helps and answers some questions

-Goose

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I see it now, you need to run as administrator.
Right cick on Razor shortcut and Choose "Run as administrator".

That's what's generating the following error:
I think everything else will be good to go after this.

If it's launching in full screen, you will need to <ALT><ENTER> or <ALT><TAB> a few times to get out of that.

Goose

Post by Goose »

ok, well i tried running as admin, and i still get all those errors