Fishing success

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Raja

Re: Fishing success

Post by Raja »

Hour 1

3 Sea Serpents

3 T-Maps

3 MiBs

Hour 2

6 Sea Serpents

1 T-Map

2 MiBs

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

Hit a very very very sweet string last night.

1 hour :)

7 mibs
0 tmaps
1 serp(which had an expertly drawn tmap on it)

makes up for my crappy string the other night. The fishing gods were out last night.

Fungus

Post by Fungus »

Ok so how exactly do you guys fish so long without being revealed? I have 100 hiding on my fisherman and every time i fish up a serpent it aggresses me instantly and i cannot hide and eventually die. I know there has to be a trick to avoid being revealed. I really want to fish up some mib's so i can get some bones and deco for my house. Please let me know if you have any tricks. Thanks
"The Sixties were an era of extreme reality. I miss the smell of tear gas. I miss the fear of getting beaten."
—Hunter S. Thompson

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

No, there are no tricks. You get revealed, period. We all have a way of killing the serps though, either through magery or melee/archery.

You could try to run away from the serp but it's not as gratifying as killing it!

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Ahhh, so they decreased the spawn rate on serpents? That is sad, fishing and killing serpents used to be my safe, secure, profitible way of making cash. Set my fisher up macroing and have my mage/bard killing serpents...was nice getting 5 up out of a single patch of water. Shame they completely kill any way a person can make a good profit without being constantly plagued by greifers...but I guess if the majority of your player base feed off people that aren't looking for a fight you have to change things to keep them filled up with safe, secure, and profitible ways of making cash...or they will start killing each other...and who wants to fight someone who is ready, willing, and able to fight back.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Hour 1
0 Mibs / 2 T-maps (lvl 1) / 1 Serpent (Regular)

Fungus

Post by Fungus »

so do you straight fish up the mibs or do you loot them from sea serpents? i fished for 5 hours tonight and got nothing but sea serpents, but i didnt loot them. i'm at 91.5 fishing
"The Sixties were an era of extreme reality. I miss the smell of tear gas. I miss the fear of getting beaten."
—Hunter S. Thompson

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

T-maps and MIB's will now drop in your pack. Before they were patched, we had to loot them from the serpents. You can fish up t-maps at 90, and MIB's at 100.

Thesbus

Post by Thesbus »

Has anyone noticed an increase in the pre chest mib loot?

I fished up 3 the other night, and each one gave 2-3 paintings, 2-3 bone piles, 2-3 shells, atleast one pillow, multiple shells, a barrel or barrel staves, and a few random body parts.

I even fished up a lvl 1 map, but I think that was just a lucky cast...but the amount of pre chest loot seems more like the top end of luckiness instead of the average.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

I think it's all random, and possibly based on how close you are to the actual treasure location, but I could be wrong.

Sometimes I get items over and over and over and over and over, and sometimes I get the chest on the first cast.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Dagon wrote:No, there are no tricks. You get revealed, period. We all have a way of killing the serps though, either through magery or melee/archery.

You could try to run away from the serp but it's not as gratifying as killing it!
Could give peacemaking a go, peace and then high tail it out of there

Unknown Unknown
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Unknown Unknown »

poogoblin wrote:
Could give peacemaking a go, peace and then high tail it out of there
exactly what I do, and have yet to die from a serp. Just have to be quick with the commands when one pops up.

dog1706
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dog1706 »

lol so you guys are the reason why i come across like 5 serps in such a close distance.

rock on, one of those bitches hit me off with a vanq, much obliged.

Balanar

Post by Balanar »

whats the deal with having to cast or something?
This to prevent macroing in some way?

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

You all seem to have decent luck! I've got a GM fisher, and used to use him alot. I used to have good luck with MIB's, and would pull up the agerage of 1 per hour... Now, it seems that I rarely get a MIB. I get probably 6x more tmaps, and those are seldom also. Am I the only one? This seemed to change afgter a patch a month or two ago.

I seem to remember fishing back on OSI servers, and that there were certain areas of the sea that had a higher conentration of fish/maps/etc -- Is this the case here as well? If so, where are the denser spawn areas?