Need info on fishing profitablility.

Moderator: Support Moderators

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Need info on fishing profitablility.

Post by Duke Jones »

I'm wanting to make a fisherman character with archery.

How profitable is fishing? Mainly in 3 stages:

-Beginning the skill/shoreline fishing
-Deep sea fishing
-GM fishing

Thanks for any wisdom/advice!
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Naljier

Re: Need info on fishing profitablility.

Post by Naljier »

its not, you can make waaaaaaaay more killing mobs or doing about anything else

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Ok, my fault. Let me rephrase this question...

Hi!
I'm interested in having some fun with fishing!

Now, I'm not interested in being the most efficient gold farmer in the game. I just want to know how much gold one can expect from fishing along with any pointers in regards to builds and what/how to sell, specifically:

-Beginning the skill/shoreline fishing
-Deep sea fishing
-GM fishing

Thanks for any wisdom/advice!
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

ok then

well when you first start, fish on some dock..keep your shoes/boots and sell them to a cobbler you can make several thousand gold this way before you GM

once you reach 90 you must buy a boat and start fishing in deep water, you can expect to encounter and fight sea serpants and water elementals so i suggest you become proficient in the art of magic, eval, magic resist and meditation

after you reach the level of Grandmaster you will be able to fish up maps, SoS bottles, gold, magic items, gems, etc.
only problem is you will have to fight the serpents of the deep who horde such things.

SoS bottles sell for 2k-3k IF you can find a buyer.. better to just fish them up yourself
Most maps youll find are just level 1 so you can get maybe 500 or so from them, the higher level ones will fetch more from the landlubbing treasure hunters

If you're lucky youll pull up around 5 serpants an hour with from 300-600 gold on them, 300 for normal serpants and 600 for
deep seaserpants.. only about 1 in 4 or 5 is the deep sea type

on average you might get 1 map and 1 SoS per hour

Anyway goodluck on the open ocean landlubber, beware the pirates matey :twisted:

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Naljier wrote:ok then

once you reach 90 you must buy a boat and start fishing in deep water, you can expect to encounter and fight sea serpants and water elementals so i suggest you become proficient in the art of magic, eval, magic resist and meditation
Thanks alot for the response! That's exactly what I needed!
How about archery related combat? Does that work well with serpents? I would still like to have magic resist, though

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

bbilbo1 wrote:
Naljier wrote:ok then

Thanks alot for the response! That's exactly what I needed!
How about archery related combat? Does that work well with serpents? I would still like to have magic resist, though

archery works i suppose, the big deep ones sometimes are very tough, but ebolt and lightning works better in my opinion. flamestrike works great on water elementals

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

OK guys. I'm a GM fisherman and enjoying it alot! :) But there is something that seems to be odd:

Iv'e gone all the way to GM and I've NEVER had a sea serpent have an MiB/SOS on it's corpse.

NEVER.

Is this normal?

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

its normal now, derrick patched it back to the original t2a way where maps/mibs come straight out of the water and you only get serpants when you 'fail' to catch a fish

heck probably dont even have to fight now, just invis yourself and sail on by

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Well that would explain all the wandering sea serpents Iv'e been harpooning with my Xbow while I sail. :lol:

Return to “New Player Help”