Housing overpopulation

Topics related to Second Age

Should a tighter house limit be imposed?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 179

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Housing overpopulation

Post by Biohazard »

Does anyone think that we should start limiting the housing in some way? I know there are still spaces left to be had but eventually the shard will gain more players and there will not be any space left. Having a 15 house limit is extraordinarily high and it seems it would be a good idea to start preparing for this now because it will only get worse. Just trying to save the shard from impending doom or impeded growth. This poll or post is not for the now, but for the future.

P.S. I do not even own a house.

P.P.S. I am not trying to place a house either.
Last edited by Biohazard on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: more on housing

Post by Daolin »

I think you'll find it easy to either place a house or buy one from someone at near deed cost.

tenduil

Re: Housing overpopulation

Post by tenduil »

Cut the 1 house per character option. Nobody needs more than 3 houses.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

I feel the only reason anyone even wants more than 5 houses (and that's being generous) is so they can inflate the real estate value and have a larger stake in the market and this is pretty weak in my opinion. It's one thing selling a house in a coveted location but selling a house at an inflated price (to a newb with no house) just because there is no room left is lame (unless of course this occurred at already extremely tight housing limit).

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i own a large number of house, not one of them i own for purposes of resale for profit,
All are used to live in or help new players
I earned those houses fair and square!
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I think that there should be some limit. One house per account is fair, you can only log in 3 characters at a time anyway. If not then perhaps only one large house, keep, or tower per account at least. But when you see that open field and you think...I can upgrade here, well you need to plop a house down to reserve the spot.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

BlackFoot wrote:i own a large number of house, not one of them i own for purposes of resale for profit,
All are used to live in or help new players
I earned those houses fair and square!

I'm sure not everyone is out for profit but I bet that most are.

Regardless there is no reason to have 15 houses even if you hand them all out to newbs... most people should have to work for a house, not just have it handed to them. You don't learn anything that way.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

I think he ment he lets newbies use them to keep them refreshed in exchange they get to macro in them to get up to par. I use them so I can sneak in with my alt to kill them as they macro in their sleep J/K :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

The housing system is era accurate.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Sounds like a bunch of whiners.

If you paid for it, placed it, you're not going to lose it.

/Thread
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Oh, and real-estate inflation is just another aspect of UO that was super duper unique.

This isn't WoW kiddos.
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

DrFaustus wrote:Oh, and real-estate inflation is just another aspect of UO that was super duper unique.

This isn't WoW kiddos.
You could not have one house per character. I'm sorry but this is not era accurate. Nobody asked for WOW anything.
Biohazard wrote:It's one thing selling a house in a coveted location but selling a house at an inflated price (to a newb with no house) just because there is no room left is lame (unless of course this occurred at already extremely tight housing limit).
Please re-read this and notice that I don't mind the shard having inflation or people selling a spot that everyone wants, it's the fact that you could not and should not have 15 houses to one person. I do not mind inflation as long as it is based under the era accurate scheme. 15 houses is not era accurate period.

Like I said I do not have a house or plan on getting one anytime in the near future. This is a legitimate concern about the housing.

No whining occurred. You sound like a dumbass with that holier than thou BS. Can we just have normal discussion without sounding like an ass?

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Actually you could have 1 house per character, 5 per account.

I believe it was Jan 2000 when you coudn't have more than one house per account but if you had 5, like I did, then you were grandfathered.

Hiram
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hiram »

This is another area where this being a free shard affects era accuracy. In T2A it was 10 bucks a month to have an account, and while you could have multiple accounts, almost nobody did (since it was against the rules, though possible, to multiclient) and there was a real world cost associated with the accounts which acted as a real limiter to the number of houses you could own.

I agree that tighter regulations should be in place. Maybe a required mechanism could be put in place to register your three accounts and tie them together, then allow 5 houses over the span of your three accounts. Additional sets of 5 houses can be obtained for a 10 dollar a month fee, up to 15 total houses. Make some money for yourself, Derrick, while improving era accuracy! :)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Hiram wrote:This is another area where this being a free shard affects era accuracy. In T2A it was 10 bucks a month to have an account, and while you could have multiple accounts, almost nobody did (since it was against the rules, though possible, to multiclient) and there was a real world cost associated with the accounts which acted as a real limiter to the number of houses you could own.

I agree that tighter regulations should be in place. Maybe a required mechanism could be put in place to register your three accounts and tie them together, then allow 5 houses over the span of your three accounts. Additional sets of 5 houses can be obtained for a 10 dollar a month fee, up to 15 total houses. Make some money for yourself, Derrick, while improving era accuracy! :)
I think this is the best bet here.