Death In Town

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
lanication

Death In Town

Post by lanication »

I was macroing by the bank in Moonglow. I some guy named LameR decided to kill me, while his accomplice, Sesh, stole my runebook. Any ideas how this would have happened? I paged the in-game help and they simply said it was something they couldn't help with . . . . What sucks is I just switched back to the screen to see my wrestling skill going up ... and before I could figure out what was going on, I was dead.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Death In Town

Post by Batlin »

Townkilling is explained here : http://wiki.uosecondage.com/index.php?title=Townkilling

The only thing that was changed recently is that one explosion potion will no longer make nearby explosition potions explode.
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

lanication

Post by lanication »

So it sounds like it was option #2...however, I was at the bank....do the NPCs inside not count?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, both NPC's and players need Line of Sight to call the guards. Players for example won't be notified that acriminal activity has taen place such as stealing, unless they are in los of the criminal.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

last time Lamer didnt use pots. I played afk when I seen him on screen and knew for certain he wasnt a theif when he started snooping my bags. I was macroing hiding while Sesh was talking to me. I acted like I wasnt there.

I knew that during the time I was on that people get killed in town if they are afk. So I wanted to ensure that my attacker felt safe enough to attack me.
Sesh was inquiring about what happened to the dead corpse surrounded by chests. Then muttered something about "chatty guy"
then Lamer came up started snooping my bags. When I became visible again...as Sesh kept casting reveal on me. Lamer got in war mode and I got ready to call guards....then "WHACK" lamer falls dead and I made out with some of the loot he got off some easy kills.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

lanication

Post by lanication »

Ha...interesting strategy. Sesh let me know that he collected runebooks and red them in his bed at night .... kind of bizaar. I guess boredom gets to some people. I guess I need to write for a more robust macro that checks for snooping and attacking, that'll call the guards automatically. That'd be good :) Then perhaps add an auto-loot part of the macro to throw all of their stuff in the bank :)

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

lanication wrote:Ha...interesting strategy. Sesh let me know that he collected runebooks and red them in his bed at night .... kind of bizaar. I guess boredom gets to some people. I guess I need to write for a more robust macro that checks for snooping and attacking, that'll call the guards automatically. That'd be good :) Then perhaps add an auto-loot part of the macro to throw all of their stuff in the bank :)
I did that one time I had it written in to say Guards is sys msg attacking or steal. I had filled up my screenshot folder in brit doing that.