Suggestion to eliminate trammies.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Suggestion to eliminate trammies.

Post by Arkon »

I have been pk'd and rezzed, and I have stood back while the pk(s) took what they wanted, and leave me what they didn't want, but honestly I couldn't care less either way. Dry loot me and leave me dead if ya want to, makes no difference to me. I'm typically very aware of my surroundings and pretty quick to recall if I actually have something of value to lose (or I'm on a char that can't fight back), so the way I see it if you do manage to get me, you earned it.

On the flip side, when I'm pk'ing, it usually depends on how the target acted. If I'm being shit talked and called names, you'll get dry looted and stay a ghost. If you simply just try to run or stay and fight back, 99% of the time I rez and leave a few items which usually includes recall regs and runes.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Kaddbar

Post by Kaddbar »

Well, guess the masses voted against it. FYI, you do make money running your own server. If you don't believe me, start your own website, get a lot of hits, and put up some banner ads. Not that it matters really, I get the impression that Derrick isn't here to make a profit.

So, to all those who have commented, thanks for your time. =) Sorry to explode like a bloody idiot.

On the issue of Trammies existence: Apparently no one else sees the people sitting around the brit bank and various others. However a post noticed that it really isn't that big of deal, which its not.

The idea was based purely on removing the 5% of people from the server who do not like PvP, and to allow others who do not play on the shard because it is PvP to have a bada$$ shard to go to.

Time to move on, thanks again. =D

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Nice reply.

If there are actually 5% of the pop here that want a trammel I'm sure they could have left and gone elsewhere if they wanted. We should not cater to the trammy crowd ever and become the failure that is OSI.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Opera

Post by Opera »

I don't care for pvp but here I am. I'll get killed easy enough but whatever.

eniave

Post by eniave »

Kaddbar wrote:Wow.. what a bunch of flaming, close-minded, inconsiderate people.

In case no one understood, I will repeat myself. Open a NEW server with ONLY Trammel.

There has already been crafters that do not want to switch servers, and they do not make the economy. When you PK someone, do you just mindlessly throw away their items? No, you resell them.

There are people like me who would still bard and craft on the current server, because I like the PvP atmosphere. I enjoy laughing at Reds who can't kill a off guard noob.

However there are many people on this server who are TOO STUPID to contribute to the economy, and they would be better suited in a Trammy environment.

Obviously no one currently playing this server would switch over, so what Derrick would really be doing in increasing his player base because all you flamers would stay here.

Flame on, noobs.
You could always find another server to fit your needs. :) that way we flamers would have our non-trammie server.
LS 1997 - 2003