Resist vs. Wrestling

Topics related to Second Age
Daltrey

Resist vs. Wrestling

Post by Daltrey »

If you had 100 skill points to divide between resist and wrestling for a general purpose character (meaning mainly no combat or PVM, but PVP in the field is sometimes unavoidable), would you choose one or the other, or a mix of both, and why?

Tron

Re: Resist vs. Wrestling

Post by Tron »

the wrestle.

because with no wrestle you're meat for any dexer who doesn't let you get range on him. against a mage, you're still at a very bad disadvantage in the fact that you can't play defense. with wrestle you can get heals up and withstand haly hits/misses. if your opponent loads a 6th circle, you load gh. you're fine. if he chose to spam disrupt and haly hits, you can mini heal and not get caught taking constant haly dmg.

wrestle is hands down the better defensive skill imo.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

Pro

Post by Pro »

or go resist because as you said you'll be running away anyway and a dexer cant hit you if you're running away from them in a straight line

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Markmosthandsome wrote:or go resist because as you said you'll be running away anyway and a dexer cant hit you if you're running away from them in a straight line

A mage can't cast any real spells on you if you're on the run either, if they stop to cast, you'll gain several times of distance on them
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

What are your other 6 skills, and what is the templates purpose?

That will probably make a suggestion more valid.

Pro

Post by Pro »

RoadKill wrote:
Markmosthandsome wrote:or go resist because as you said you'll be running away anyway and a dexer cant hit you if you're running away from them in a straight line

A mage can't cast any real spells on you if you're on the run either, if they stop to cast, you'll gain several times of distance on them

but you'll die in two spells if you don't have it where as it'll take a good 4-9 hits to kill on a dexer

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

The character's skills are:
Magery
Eval
Med
Hiding
Stealth
Item ID
? (Currently 60 Resist/40 Wrestle)

Because he is generally unmounted, running away in an unavoidable fight situation is often pretty useless, and I'd rather die trying to win a fight than trying to escape it.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Daltrey wrote:The character's skills are:
Magery
Eval
Med
Hiding
Stealth
Item ID
? (Currently 60 Resist/40 Wrestle)

Because he is generally unmounted, running away in an unavoidable fight situation is often pretty useless, and I'd rather die trying to win a fight than trying to escape it.
1st question, why Item ID?

So you have 2 choices. 0 wrestle means a monster or player will basically interupt you everytime. It will be hard to get out Gheals and recall and forget about 6ths and up.

With 0 resist a explo/eb/hally could be insta deaths... what will this character see more off? Monsters or players?

the obvious suggestion is to dump item ID and add both (especially since ID can be macroed on anyone easily)

another note would be the hiding and stealth gimping this player in any type of PvP (especially with no mounts with stealth)...

I dont see you winning many fights with no mount and weapon skills... Your dump wont kill anyone who is out pvping bc of their resist and healing ability... after your dump do you just run on foot?

What are you trying to do with this char?

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

The Item ID is just for the skill title, not to mention the extra money for selling ID's items to NPC vendors. This is my merchant char. The stealth is for security when adding big-ticket items to by vendors. I can stealth in from a distance instead of running up to add the items in plain view.

This is also my rune marking character, so he gets around quite a bit and thus often can not avoid a fight with anything from ratmen to ancient wyrms to other players. I prefer not to try and escape unless I know the person I'm up against and know that I don't have a chance.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Hmm, if you are going to keep ID than i would go wrestle. 0 wrestling can make it hard to heal/recall even around things like ratmen and harpies...Just to many interupts. You will just have to be ready with heal pots or precasted GH if you are venturing around magic casting creatures as they will burn you up with 0 resist. With stealthing it sounds like casting is for escape or hell-mary dumps so i think wrestling better fits this template.

btw. Kudos on coming up with a fun merchant template to play! My merchant, like most is a useless mule =( Nice job!