I'm new....

Moderator: Support Moderators

Eldorfer

I'm new....

Post by Eldorfer »

Hello Everyone. I'm new to your game site but played UO many yrs ago. I left the subscription/fee site after 4 yrs as there were many problems of which there were too many to list. I'm presently signed up and playing the free 14-day trial offered by them and am ejoying the game somewhat but there are still some things I don't care for. One major aspect of their game is using a moongate to a city and then finding oneself in an area of 'corrupted souls' whereupon the char is immediately killed with the resulting loss of all gear. Because of that event alone I won't consider a subscription with them. However I read something about your game site that stated a player may start in any city in Delucca but that it would be better to start in Britain. Is this saying there is only Delucca available? There is no Trammel? I hated getting ganked and being ganked. My fun was creating a craftsman and owning a house with vendors serving the public. Also I will need guidance about how and what to d/l to get started. I don't recall seeing much of this (or a convenient link to) info. Thanks much..

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: I'm new....

Post by Safir »

Hey! Yes, it is true that there is no Trammel. This server aims to replacate the late T2A era (1999), and Trammel didn't exist back then. Most of the players here like this server because of the challenges this presents and also, it helps not to have the players spread out over two worlds.

If you're still interested in giving Ultima Online: The Second age, UOSA, a go, The Humble Village of Awesome tries to help the lost souls wondering into this unknown and long lost realm.

The Syndicate of Successful Salesmen, $$$, is probably a guild you could be interested in, as they focus on crafting and selling their goods to the players of the shard.

If you need general help on how to play the game and progress your character, the forums is always a good source, but IRC (a chat environment) can be rewarding for those who seek quick answers and personal assistance. Get on IRC and ask all those "newb" questions and there will be many people ready to answer them. If you're interested in The Humble Village of Awesome, catch me on IRC and I'll get you accommodated. ;)

Have fun! ;)

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

well, this is an 'old style' UO server....so there is NO trammel and when you are outside of town you are always at a risk of getting ganked.

however that is why it is so much fun, where you have little risked you have little reward

saying that.. if you like the life of a crafter it is perfectly possible to stay in town selling/crafting your wares and building your fortune..aside from theives there is little danger there

i think you will find our classic UO server much better than the current OSI servers, much will be different and more exciteing

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

Eldorfer wrote: Is this saying there is only Delucca available? There is no Trammel?

its Fellucia not Delucca, Delucca is a town in T2A

This is an amaizing shard with great people and indeed $$$ Guild is a Merchant Guild dedicated to staying safem crafting and selling our wares!! The only reds we come in contact with are the ones who participate in our events!!

Cheers mate hope to see you around!
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Eldorfer

Post by Eldorfer »

quote "however that is why it is so much fun, where you have little risked you have little reward"

I suppose for some, if not many, this may hold true. I prefered not to be ganked. It only added a great deal of frustration to the game. And as such the game stopped being fun.

What must be d/l to run the program?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I'm glad you found us. Checkk out this guide here to get connected:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=496

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

Wise wrote:
Eldorfer wrote: Is this saying there is only Delucca available? There is no Trammel?

its Fellucia not Delucca, Delucca is a town in T2A

This is an amaizing shard with great people and indeed $$$ Guild is a Merchant Guild dedicated to staying safem crafting and selling our wares!! The only reds we come in contact with are the ones who participate in our events!!

Cheers mate hope to see you around!
My crafter travels abroad...though with tailoring you just sacrifice one skill slot as does alchemy and inscription. So you can make money at home and still be able to adventure choosing skills that will allow you to do so. I even had an adventurer smith miner. I tell you what a traveling crafter gets more attention to his/her wares then a house sitter does. Make a name for yourself!

Return to “New Player Help”