DnD Style Roleplaying Game - UO Style! 4 Players Needed

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Altay

DnD Style Roleplaying Game - UO Style! 4 Players Needed

Post by Altay »

I plan on running a D&D style roleplaying game in UO. Heck, UO has dice right? Might as well use them for something other than gambling!

This is sort of an experiment, I'm curious how people will react / how the game will play out, but I can assure you it'll be a fun experience if try to enjoy yourself. Basically, like a DnD or any other roleplaying game we'll be sitting around a table with dice while the players try and get through an adventure I have planned out [I'll be the game master / Dungeon master].

Most of these 'games' / 'adventures' will be short. They won't span for multiple sessions and won't take too long, so even those with relatively short attention spans should be able to enjoy the adventure. Also, our game won't necessarily be fantasy. It could be anything from Island survival to sci-fi themed adventure.

The games won't be heavy on roleplay, but will be a lot more about strategy / thinking on your feet. Dice rolls will be used to determine whether your actions have failed or succeeded.

I need Three people, as i already got one. See picture below for a basic idea :

'Game' will take place somewhere else where we have more room. [If anyone has a tower I could use or a keep that would be great!] Just need ample room for a table and some chairs. My house is too packed and all my lockdowns are accessible, so no go.

So who wants in? It'll be fun! I need three people! Post here if you're interested! i'll need your IRC to.

The game will take place on June 21st or maybe even sooner if I can get a lot of interest.
Shameless self promotion below:
MMOHut - Free MMORPG / MMO Game Reviews!

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: DnD Style Roleplaying Game - UO Style! 4 Players Needed

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I'm not particularly interisted in this sort of thing, but I have a spare keep you could use if you need it.

ArchaicSubrosa

Post by ArchaicSubrosa »

D&D, Rifts, Whitewolf etc are better in person. If I am on UO, I want to play UO.

Altay

Post by Altay »

It wasn't going to be actual DnD. It would have been a much more casual, more 'thinking on your feet' sort of game.
Shameless self promotion below:
MMOHut - Free MMORPG / MMO Game Reviews!

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

I'll play if you give me 100 gold/hour.

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Instead of this, why not get a group together to make DnD style characters and tackle a dungeon? Maybe like a pure fighter (no magery), a rogue (stealth archer), a cleric (magic, healing, maces), and pure mage? That way you can get a DnD feel but still be playing UO.

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Spitfire wrote:Instead of this, why not get a group together to make DnD style characters and tackle a dungeon? Maybe like a pure fighter (no magery), a rogue (stealth archer), a cleric (magic, healing, maces), and pure mage? That way you can get a DnD feel but still be playing UO.
I'm willing to partake in something like this.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

tenduil wrote:
Spitfire wrote:Instead of this, why not get a group together to make DnD style characters and tackle a dungeon? Maybe like a pure fighter (no magery), a rogue (stealth archer), a cleric (magic, healing, maces), and pure mage? That way you can get a DnD feel but still be playing UO.
I'm willing to partake in something like this.
As am I. We could all make brand-new characters (Level 1s) and only use said characters for these DnD events.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

I'm down. I'll be a Barbarian. Oh, wait...No Rage =\

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Return to “Player Run Events”