It's coming.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Tron

It's coming.

Post by Tron »

I need a new uo conquest, and I decided this should be it, because it sounds fun... to me !

My idea is a league style, guild only, fielding simulator.

Some underlying rules.

Any guild is welcome to sign up, only 1 team per guild may sign up.
Each guild will assign a guild captain.
In order to participate in a match each teams captain must be present, and that capatain must participate in every match.
Matches can be 3v3 or 4v4.
Each match will take place in 1 of xx arenas (I'm thinking 10 or so, and I have some ideas, many different tactical fighting grounds)
Each team may field any combination of characters.
No magic weapons or armor are allowed.
No magic jewelry/clothes/wands allowed.
All pots allowed.

The issues I'm working out.
Full loot? I'm seeing it 2 ways. If we go 2/3 rounds per match, full loot would be a pain. 1 round, it would be ok, but 1 round of 4v4 can go really fast and I'm leaning towards 2/3 fights, that way a little stratedgy can go back and forth in the follow-up matches. If we do full loot, we could have people recalling mid fight, but we could always award more points to the other team if someone recalls. Or take away points.
Taking input on this one.

Second, we have scoring.
I'm leaning towards only 3 variables for affecting scores. Time to win (for winning team - under 2 mins xx score, under 5 mins xx score, over 5, none) numbers of members remaining (for winning team) number of members killed (for losing team, awarded less than winning team for members alive)

These are the easist to monitor variables i caN think of to add some more flavor to the league, these other points awarded for variables won't win you the season if you lost more matches than you won, but they can help you place higher.

I'm going out of town for 5 days, so this will be here to get some feedback. I think this sounds like a good way to get some guaranteed guild pvp and I a great way for some new guilds to form up and get some practice.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

Chad-

Re: It's coming.

Post by Chad- »

Since blackfoots already doing something similiar just do an event and dont fail to be there this time.

Tron

Post by Tron »

Chad- wrote:Since blackfoots already doing something similiar just do an event and dont fail to be there this time.

hmm, blackfoots league is a 1v1

this is the league i been talking about for a few weeks!

oh, and i apoligized for the last missed event. it was like the hottest day of the year here and i was stuck at the river all day, it fuckin sucked, bros. all i could think about was my 3v3 tourney!!!

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Thanks for making this an all templates event. I'll see what I can do to drum up a team or two.

Tron

Post by Tron »

So I'm going to make the rewards for this as nice as I can. And I'm going to award from 1st to 6th place, no entry fees.

I'm gonna go ahead and shell out a good deal of my own gold to make this something that everyone wnats to participate in.

Just thought I'd add that to get more people interested.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I very much like the rules, might give me a chance to use my poison dexer.

One thing has me concerned though. I can understand the barring of vanq weapons, but magic jewlery like reflect and teleport are very heavy in the field, and extremly helpful to non-mages in a cage situation.
[broken image]

Pro

Post by Pro »

My suggestion; One closed off but spacious area. Full items. Full loot. 4v4/5v5 You have 2 referee's to tell them when to start and police the fight. Captains must rpv as well as one more team member to make sure of no foul play.

No tamers or pets.

Tron

Post by Tron »

Markmosthandsome wrote:My suggestion; One closed off but spacious area. Full items. Full loot. 4v4/5v5 You have 2 referee's to tell them when to start and police the fight. Captains must rpv as well as one more team member to make sure of no foul play.

No tamers or pets.

I am going to request both captains to rpv, as well as the mediator. Most arenas will be closed off spacious areas, but a few will be over different parts of t2a.

I'm not sure on tamers and pets yet.

Tron

Post by Tron »

Ok, so I've decided to allow tamers - 1 per team, with 2 pets max.

I don't wanna ruin total field feel, but I also don't wan't a team of tamers abusing the ruleset.

I will be posting up arena maps and a more concrete ruleset soon, as well as opening sign ups.

Return to “Player Run Events”