Ingots

Buying: Looking for something? You can buy it here.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Teph

Ingots

Post by Teph »

buying about 10k ingots off of any non $$$ members k thx

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ingots

Post by Bigoud »

i have 4k iron ingots for sale on the occlo bank vendor house.

first house next to the bank

you can bank them immediately upon buying...

enjoy
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Teph

Post by Teph »

7k too high , still buying ingots

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Evil_Kafka in irc has the best prices i found.. 5.5gp

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

You have this bizarre hatred for $$$ that i'll never understand lol

Triumph

Post by Triumph »

Daolin wrote:You have this bizarre hatred for $$$ that i'll never understand lol
It's not a hatred it's just that your vendors are all overpriced. I don't even goto your tower anymore to shop because i know of way way cheaper places. Much Love though i still use the rune library.

Example : Your ingots are 7gp per i can buy them for 5.5 - 6 gp per alll day. Your spell books are 7k i can buy them at 5.5k. It just makes you guys look like one of those overpriced stores that sells the same stuff as everyone else but you want a bit more for it. Bad Business.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Well, we do have self-respect for ourselves I guess. Higher prices does more service to new players than killing any potential new competition with very low profit rates. For instance, i know quite a few new miners that will sell for 5.5-6 gp per ingot. They will fortunately gain sales before me because of the pricing. A person that sells bulk for 5gp can not only undercut a new player, but make it extremely hard to sell the ingots. I don't think the only measure of a salesman is his price.

Teph

Post by Teph »

Daolin wrote: I don't think the only measure of a salesman is his price.
what am i gonna buy from someone cause of their awesome personality? face is once the deal is done most people could care less where it came from, your guild seeks to put the rest of us at a disadvantage and im not too blind to see that therefore i choose independent salesmen. the spirit of capitalism is alive and well on this server

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Teph wrote:
what am i gonna buy from someone cause of their awesome personality? face is once the deal is done most people could care less where it came from, your guild seeks to put the rest of us at a disadvantage and im not too blind to see that therefore i choose independent salesmen. the spirit of capitalism is alive and well on this server
How can we put the rest of you at a disadvantage if we are selling higher? (assuming you are merchants). It seems you have an advantage in your court. You need not do anything special, except to type a lower number when you load the vendor up!

Teph

Post by Teph »

Daolin wrote:
Teph wrote:
How can we put the rest of you at a disadvantage if we are selling higher? (assuming you are merchants). It seems you have an advantage in your court. You need not do anything special, except to type a lower number when you load the vendor up!
if we were all to give in to your ridiculous prices every single player is at a disadvantage because they have to farm that extra hour just to pay off your egos.
youll always have the items in stock but at ridiculous prices, the impatient and the desperate will buy off of you.
anyone who has ever wanted to buy beer after legal hours and were forced to goto the bar and pay 3$ a beer knows what im talking about

and BTW i do run a few vendors they may not always be stocked but you can be damn sure when they are they are the lowest prices around
i have one near ascalons vendor shop,one near turtle bays vendor shop and 1 in front of destard though they arent currently stocked right now due to buying a keep recently
Last edited by Teph on Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

3$ a beer is not bad at all.... Go to NY and get used to seeing 6-10$ a beer.

Teph

Post by Teph »

Jason wrote:3$ a beer is not bad at all.... Go to NY and get used to seeing 6-10$ a beer.
im talking about the shady liquor stores/bars u walkin in the back of that arent supposed to be open, and it all depends on waht ur drinkin

Triumph

Post by Triumph »

Daolin wrote:
Teph wrote:
Your assumption is wrong. I am not a merchant and i doubt teph is. I would say it's safe to say he's buying ingots to either make some armor or work smithing or tinkering. I don't understand how our price complaints suggest that we have our 'own' vendors that we 'punch lower numbers in'. Teph is spot on with his post so far yours are slander.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Mine are slander? lol... It is slander that brought me here in the first place. Commodities are cheap and always have been in UO. You don't need a huge marketing scheme to make big cash just to afford equipping yourself and owning a decent house.

Kaddbar

Post by Kaddbar »

You people who undercut people are the reason the world economy is slumping. Greedy b@st@rds always wanting something for free and not willing to pay up for what something is worth. If the materials cost more, charge more for the products. If you're not willing to buy the materials, FARM THEM YOURSELF. Don't waste your life complaining about high price (or defending yourself from complainers). If people in this world would all work hard for what they want no one would EVER be unhappy.

P.S. On OSI 10 years ago, Ingots started with iron at 5-9gp per, and you can add 3gp for every level above that. I've seen Valorite ingots sell for 150gp a piece, multiple times. Its all supply and demand, and people were willing to make money and to give it.