Events and Skill Gain

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Events and Skill Gain

Post by Flash Hardstar »

I suggest we remove skill gain when in an event for the following reason:

We have free-use regs and newbies are joining them not to participate in CTF's or Double Dom's, but leave a reveal macro up the entire time so they level magery w/out using regs.

This creates as big of a problem as an AFK'er, or dual clienter in the event for the poor team that gets stuck with them.

This is arguably a legal exploit as well.

Thoughts?
Red wrote:Kill Flash, and I'm going to bet that his loot is worth more than 2k.

Bakishwaka

Re: Events and Skill Gain

Post by Bakishwaka »

macroing magery at the events, thats a bloody GREAT idea! thanks :D
as it stands ive just been using them for free gates...

:D

i have to agree with you that stopping skill gains during events, or at least policing afk macroers AT the event would be wise... im totally going to exploit it until something happens about it though... guess id better subscribe to this thread eh!

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Agreed, remove skill gain from events.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

i kind of like the idea of policing more

because then the jail would get some use, ive been in the britannian jail once, and it was a lovely experience! i would volunteer as a "sheriff" for events im on for, im sure others would as well, if you find someone NOT playing the event, just macroing away .. JAIL THAT SUCKA .. would be fun!

if that cant happen then yes remove the skill gains!

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

the GM's do a good job of policing the afk'ers here, but the problem is alot of them arent afk, last night while my team was trying to defend a flag one guy stood in the corner, just casting reveal, not afk for skill gains =/ Ruined the fun for our team, as well as a win.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

what is the purpose for the reveal spell? im a little confused!

is it a good spell for magery gains? or is he trying to reveal stealthers?

why would they do this?

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

there is another problem that must be assigned too... people login in 2 chars (one in each team) and then playing the most powerful team only...

they are therefore sure to have one trophy at the end... and on top of that they are more unbalancing teams !!

derrick, how could you please fix this ?
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

venox

Post by venox »

i oppose this idea.
i would only agree to it if macroing was disabled.
its not like gain at events is that significant, infact it is so minimal when compared to macroing
and they are also participating in a server event. playing with other players, as opposed to macroing skills in a safe house.

but yea players macroing in event for 15min wtf cheap arses.

Bakishwaka

Post by Bakishwaka »

hence a sheriff system!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

If you see this going on in events, all you have to do is letsomeone know. We do pretty intensive logging of events and can act retroactively.

Like the sign says in every join area, we will deal with people multi-clienting in events, or joining events not for the purpose of playing harshly.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

venox wrote:i oppose this idea.
its not like gain at events is that significant, infact it is so minimal when compared to macroing
and they are also participating in a server event. playing with other players, as opposed to macroing skills in a safe house.

The real question should be, why SHOULD they allow free skill gains in events? Not why shouldn't they.

As for multiclienting/AFK players, that's a little easier to deal with, page in game or in IRC and most of the time someone is available to remove the offender
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Flash Hardstar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Flash Hardstar »

Derrick does a great job with the multi-clienters, just pm him the time of event, and their names... They get warnings/events bans etc. People joining to get free skill gains is rediculous, the idea of the events is not free use skill gain, it's for the shard to have a little friendly competition.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Tbh it's not as if they're going to gm in 30minutes it's a problem easier just left as it is.

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Markmosthandsome wrote:Tbh it's not as if they're going to gm in 30minutes it's a problem easier just left as it is.
I thought you quit.

venox

Post by venox »

RoadKill wrote:
venox wrote:i oppose this idea.

The real question should be, why SHOULD they allow free skill gains in events? Not why shouldn't they.

As for multiclienting/AFK players, that's a little easier to deal with, page in game or in IRC and most of the time someone is available to remove the offender
i stated why i think it should be allowed.
players macroing skills is already significantly out weighs any gain achieved from an event, plus the players attending events are participating with other players.
and since in uo you gain skills by using them, wouldnt actually using skills in an event be considering using the skill for its purpose? as oppose to macroing?
i often play events with my nmc char now, and he does alright, gets a few kills and what not, even got the flag a few times. but seeing that little bit of gain for playing also makes it enjoyable. gaining 0.1 resist in an event is cool!