RP! The guild for rp folks to interact with each other!

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
Avo

RP! The guild for rp folks to interact with each other!

Post by Avo »

Well I saw a post from below about how KTL wanted all the small good guy rp guilds to converge into one big guild. This is a nice idea but I haven't seen much feed back from people. I was wondering if this was because people did not want to lose their guild identity. The name of a guild can either attract or repel potential RPers. What I have seen on another shard was the creation of a neutral guild for RPers.

The idea is simple. The guild accepts any person, whether they are good or evil or neutral. The guild's main purpose is to bring the RPers together so they can interact with each other. The guild TAG would be RP!(Roleplay). I think this would be the best way to get RPers together and let other's who are not in the guild know you are a roleplayer who they can interact with. Once the guild grows a little, people can take on titles that would serve to identify what kind of roleplayer you are. Examples:

Pirate
Knight
Merchant
Mercenary
Assassin
Monk
Merchant
Crafter

Just a few example of the roles players can take on. I know some would be apposed to being in the same guild as evil or good people but it would encourage interaction and it beats having no one to roleplay with at all. I would like to hear some feed back from you RPer out there and see if any would be interested in this idea. The guild would not have any formal leader, but can have faction leaders of each catagory of roleplayers. If the group starts off small we can minimize the different roles available until the population grows and more people wish to start new factions within the guild.

I am open to ideas and suggestions so please let me know what we can do to make something like this work. I really like to RP and so I believe if us RPers came under one umbrella we would have a lot more fun and it would be easier to set up rp battles and different forms of interaction.

Cpt Spaulding

Re: RP! The guild for rp folks to interact with each other!

Post by Cpt Spaulding »

Sounds like the RP! guild from Divinity that I created...glad to see it come over to SecondAge if that is the case :)
Merchant and pirate were for a long period one and the same person. Even today mercantile morality is really nothing but a refinement of piratical morality.

Unlimited Bladeworks

Post by Unlimited Bladeworks »

Well that was my post but it's not the official KtL stance as I am not the guildmaster. I saw the creation of another Good alignment RP guild so I was trying to recruit more members instead of everyone isolating themselves in small guilds. GoD proposed an alliance or merger with KtL. I think this is still being discussed...

Your overall message is great. Roleplayers do need to consolidate because we are few in number.

As I've said before I think there should be only two RP guilds. One evil guild (the Orcs) and one good guild. Storylines and plots can be used for both guilds to interact and battle each other.

Avo

Post by Avo »

The problem with just having two rp guilds is that the guild leader chooses the style of rp. For the evil rp guild, people have to be orcs, and for the good guy rp guild you may choose to be a knight or bard or sometrhing, but what if the RPer doesn't exactly look upon himself as a Keeper of Light.

in a simple guild with no guild leader, RP! could be home to good, bad, and neutral players. Pirates, thieves, farmers, merchants, knights, mercenaries, elves, goblin, undead, lizard men, whatever you wish. I'm not trying to put KtL or URK down, just making a point that there are soo many styles of rp people play that limiting a person to two guilds with set standards of behavior is not very attractive.

Avo

Post by Avo »

Cpt Spaulding wrote:Sounds like the RP! guild from Divinity that I created...glad to see it come over to SecondAge if that is the case :)

The one I was referring to on Divinity was called iRP. Don't remember who started it, but at the time you were still recruiting for Pirates of Spoil Tress Capt. If you started a guilded called RP! afterwards mybad i didn't know. I can always just change the tags to simply "RP" if players become interested in this idea.

Unlimited Bladeworks

I created The Crimson Alliance which accepted all styles of evil roleplayers before I joined KtL. It never took off though.. :(

I like the idea of the guild, perhaps everyone's identity can still be kept, as well as, everyone being on one stone.

I.e. Draugluin my character from KtL title could be: Knight [KtL],[RP]

The Urks probably won't join because of the Order/Chaos wars. However, I see this a good thing because the evil roleplayers can fight along side of the Urks. That was my primary concern for battles because of the lack of leadership to schedule these type of events.

All the different RP guilds could also keep their own player-run towns without have to worry about moving houses that comes along with merging.

Avo

Post by Avo »

Yea that is a great addition to this here idea. I like your example

.e. Draugluin my character from KtL title could be: Knight [KtL],[RP]

People can create factions or guilds within the guild of RP. I personally want to rp either an ancient greek warrior, kind of like Spartans or perhaps a viking. I'm leaning more towards the greek warrior or i may just do both, since there aren't any limitations on what kind of character i wish to roleplay.

But I haven't gotten any feedback from people interested in this idea so I'm at a loss of what to do. I may just start the guild up for the hell of it and see what happens. I've rped a pirate for years and i wanna try something new and fresh then do the same old.

Unlimited Bladeworks

If you create it, I'll put my undead Skeletal Warrior on the stone. :)

Avo

Post by Avo »

Thanks man, I will work on it. I should have the guild by next week i need to first raise 100k to buy a house i have my eyes on. After that i will work towards making RP happen. Your support is much appreciated sir!

Jaded Gamer

Post by Jaded Gamer »

I believe there are several 'evil' rp guilds already. In fact there seems to be an unbalanced number of evil to good on the server in general. Combining diversely aligned playstyles in a single guild could cause a lot of controversy within the guild.

Unlimited Bladeworks

I believe the URKs and Pirates are the only evil RP guilds that are active. The Crimson Alliance was a flop, it never got any recruits.

As for good guilds... I know of: The Guardians of Destiny, the Keepers of the Light, GlamerVelt Elven Republic, and the Yew Militia.

Evil Rp'ers that join [RP] could fight along side the URKS in battles. I don't really see the problem. :?: I'm sure the URKS would welcome evil RP'ers to fight among their ranks.

Charles Darwin

Post by Charles Darwin »

So what happens when you collect a group of "evil" or "pirates" into your guild, RP! - What happens when they decide to prey on new recruits? Or attack AFK hunters I.E. "the farmers" or maybe they want to loot the "merchants" etc.

How as guild master would you handle this situation?

I know you suggested having no guild leader at all, so if we go by your outlined guild idea, what would you do as, guild owner?

I don't see the future of role playing guilds merging into a couple super guilds that would be able to control and dictate player events between the two camps. If you don't have a guild leader how could events even be negotiated?

Always got to have a leader. Or one will rise, and attempt to grief the others that aren't loyal to them, or don't want to play their way.

Some ideas to consider.

Unlimited Bladeworks

People that don't follow the Rules of Engagement <RoE> should be booted from the guild if they break the rules again after being warned once.

RoE: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=366

Unlimited Bladeworks

The biggest problem with this idea is that GMs of different factions within [RP] guild won't be able to micro manage their own recruits, guild titles, etc. I doubt KtL will want to lose that ability. I think an alliance with other guilds can be just as effective. If all guilds try to host different events and invite other guilds it can work just as well.

The owner of the stone will have a lot of extra responsibility managing the titles of different factions.

Regardless if other RP guilds don't join this stone I think it is still a good idea and I'm sure it will attract the more independent type.
Last edited by Unlimited Bladeworks on Wed May 20, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Avo

Post by Avo »

Well, as I said Darwin, this is just an idea to start with. The guild doesn't have the green light to go ahead and start yet. I appreciate your feedback and you make some great points. Perhaps having evil and good rpers in the same guild isn't such a wise idea as there are going to be people who won't get along with each other, be it in character or out of character. However if an rper cannot find a guild to fit his/her style of rp and the do role play an evil person then perhaps an exception could be made.

The idea of RP is not to be a guild but a place to give roleplayers an identity. The guild would take on an anarchic role. Not chaos without order as some may think of anarchy, but a people without a government. The players would be self governing. The main idea of the guild would be to promote interaction between rpers. PVP/PVM are not the main focus of this guild, the focus is for rpers who don't have alot of time on their hands and just wish to roleplay with one another to find others to rp with.

So you see there really isn't much need for a guild leader. Events, hunts, wars, etc. are not the things RP aims to bring to the table. Things like that are solely up to the players within the guild. My focus is to recruit rpers who just wish to solely rp with each other.