Criminal Query Bug

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
YurdltheTurtle

Criminal Query Bug

Post by YurdltheTurtle »

When you start applying bandages to another player whilst hitting your Attack Last hotkey, you begin attacking the other player without receiving a criminal query. That is if you have the option turned on, which I did.

You know, the, "Doing this will flag you as a criminal!" popup.

I'm pretty certain that it has always been the case that attacking a blue player will result in this popup regardless of pressing a hotkey or not.
"I HAVE THE CAPE. I MAKE THE FUCKING WOOSH NOISES."

Derrick

Re: Criminal Query Bug

Post by Derrick »

This happens becuase the warning is generated by the client, and when you use razor hotkeys the client is entirely bypassed, and is not aware of your action. Razor sends data directly to the server.

YurdltheTurtle

Post by YurdltheTurtle »

Derrick wrote:This happens becuase the warning is generated by the client, and when you use razor hotkeys the client is entirely bypassed, and is not aware of your action. Razor sends data directly to the server.
I wasn't using a Razor Hotkey unless it's automatically considered a Razor Hotkey because I use Razor to run the client. I only use the Macros available in the Options menu.
"I HAVE THE CAPE. I MAKE THE FUCKING WOOSH NOISES."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

YurdltheTurtle wrote:
Derrick wrote:This happens becuase the warning is generated by the client, and when you use razor hotkeys the client is entirely bypassed, and is not aware of your action. Razor sends data directly to the server.
I wasn't using a Razor Hotkey unless it's automatically considered a Razor Hotkey because I use Razor to run the client. I only use the Macros available in the Options menu.
That is strange to me, but still this fuction is all client side, warnings are not generated by the server. This may be the proper behavior of the client, or it may have changed in recent client versions.