Provocation tips?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Cvette

Provocation tips?

Post by Cvette »

Are there any tips to provocation, or is it just a very slow grind?

Kelson

Re: Provocation tips?

Post by Kelson »

You can macro Provocation within the town boarder at the Stables to the West of the city. You will see 1,654,467 other newbie Provo's there too, so don't feel like you will be alone! Remember to take multiple instruments with you, as you will wear them out.

My macro looked something like
UseSkill Provocation
Target Animal #1
Target Animal #2
Use Instrument (set this to "use by type" in Razor)

You need to make sure you add the 'use instrument' line in your macro, or when you destroy your first instrument your character will not have another set to provo with.

Warning: the growing population of what I like to call "UO jerks" love to go to the Stables to kill AFK peeps, and also like to open all the barn doors to let the animals out to attack you, or to fight each other (which ends up killing your macro, because Animal #1 is now dead!)

I found if you were macroing during the times these people play the most, I didnt get too many hours of time in... but if I set it up in the morning, or late at night, I got some really good gains. I got to GM in about 4 days doing this.
Jessica; GM of Knights who say "Ni!"
Kelson; Future Order/Chaos Dexxer
Klevmore; GM Crafty
Victoria; Treasure Hunter!

Cvette

Post by Cvette »

Thanks, i will try that out. How high will this skill me up. Will you eventually get to GM?

Kelson

Post by Kelson »

I got to GM there... never went anywhere else. I honestly don't know if the different animals would lead to different gains or not, but when i was in the 50s-70s I would make the pigs & cows my 'Animal #1", and after that i did the bulls as "Animal #1" (I would make them attack any type of animal that I found to be close).

Also, another point to help the "Jerks" from having less success. Stand in front of the stable door of the #2 Animal. That way you become a divide between it and any attacking animal. If you have 2 chars, have the 2nd one macro while standing in front of your "Animal #1" door, then if any Jerks open the doors both your animals wont be able to get out.

This doesn't help much if they want to kill you, or kill the animals you are using, but it at least stops them from simply running in, opening all the doors, and laughing as the bull you are provoking comes to attack you!
Jessica; GM of Knights who say "Ni!"
Kelson; Future Order/Chaos Dexxer
Klevmore; GM Crafty
Victoria; Treasure Hunter!

alatar

Post by alatar »

Why don't you just get 2 boats with 2 bulls..?

Shivers

Post by Shivers »

alatar wrote:Why don't you just get 2 boats with 2 bulls..?
Cause usually noobs dont start with 20k on them :P , the reason we go to the barn is because it is free.

I maybe have a solution concerning all your macroer's protection.
i , too , suffered of people having fun killing my macros during the last few days. ( Bad Euphanasia , Also MapoMatic who killed one of my macroers. )

Weedsmoke pointed out to me a usefull command in razor that you can implement in every of your macro ;

At the end of your macro ,right Click , Special Construct , insert "if" conditional ,
Then you set it up like this : Hits , < , (Your Str -1).
, Then you begin a record just after that line , and you type Guards.

So with this , as soon as someone or something hit you , you call the guards , therefore Wacking those who would come to kill your afk macroers.( personnaly saw someone taste of this macro :) ).

Good luck with Macroing.

alatar

Post by alatar »

I thought everyone knew how to use 'If Conditionals..' :lol:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Shivers

Post by Shivers »

alatar wrote:I thought everyone knew how to use 'If Conditionals..' :lol:
I never used Razor before while playing Uo cause my old computer wouldnt play it , i played 5 years on a 800 celeron with 256 meg ram and win 98.

I got razor last friday , i did'nt experimented all the wonderfull commands it has.
So yhea , we all begin somewhere.

alatar

Post by alatar »

It was humor, not a crack at your pixel experience.. But yes, with Razor you can do 'just about' anything you want in UO, assuming you have the knowledge to set the macros up properly.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Return to “New Player Help”