Fame and Karma

Moderator: Support Moderators

Alex the Artist

Fame and Karma

Post by Alex the Artist »

Are there any known bugs/issues with gaining fame and karma? We have two separate characters, both hunting the same things. One made it to Glorious Lord pretty quickly. The other, after doing far more hunting than the first, is stuck at Noble. After killing monsters, she is gaining fame and karma (she get the messages), but there has been no change in her title for quite some time (a week). Even farming the double balron room doesn't change it.

So, again, any known bugs/issues with fame/karma gain?

Thank you.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Fame and Karma

Post by MatronDeWinter »

One of your characters are obviously a bard. You get no fame/karma for kills via barding. You have to make the kill shot yourself.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

Thanks for the reply. So happens that the character in question is not a bard. Had been killing things with EV and FS and such. Just like I was. Would get the messages that she was gaining, etc. Good news is, her title finally changed yesterday. So, seems to be gaining/working or something. Took her forever to get past Noble though.

Thanks agian.

Freeza

Post by Freeza »

Alex the Artist wrote:Thanks for the reply. So happens that the character in question is not a bard. Had been killing things with EV and FS and such. Just like I was. Would get the messages that she was gaining, etc. Good news is, her title finally changed yesterday. So, seems to be gaining/working or something. Took her forever to get past Noble though.

Thanks agian.
If you use an EV and the poison kills the creature, you get no karma/fame increase. I have killed several balrons like this without getting the message i the bottom right. You can also check your fame karma level by using myUOSA and looking for people online, then finding your character. It lists the karma/fame levels there.
Markmosthandsome wrote:
Finesse wrote:-f- disbanded no comment.
lol wtf I'm in the guild and Idk what's going on....

<Pristiq> Shut up prodigy you anti-intellectual simian.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

do you gain fame for killing someone with high fame? because if so i killed someone with high fame yet i didn't gain any

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

YouthBuild wrote:do you gain fame for killing someone with high fame? because if so i killed someone with high fame yet i didn't gain any
Players are treated not different that other creature an awarding fame, it's based on how much fame they and you have. The final blow is the determination of who gets the award.

YouthBuild

Post by YouthBuild »

Derrick wrote:
YouthBuild wrote:do you gain fame for killing someone with high fame? because if so i killed someone with high fame yet i didn't gain any
Players are treated not different that other creature an awarding fame, it's based on how much fame they and you have. The final blow is the determination of who gets the award.
it might be because i killed someone inside my house then

Return to “New Player Help”