Looking For Ideals For Massive Event.

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Stranger

Looking For Ideals For Massive Event.

Post by Stranger »

Ok, so im probley going to be leaving the shard soon as I dont have time for it anymore and im tired of refreshing dozens and dozens of pets and lots of houses all the time, otherwise i'd probley hang in there until I felt like playing again, but, be that decay rates for everything are what they are, I know my stuffs going to fall sooner or later. Im going to give most my stuff to my friends as expected, however, im going to save a small piece for my going away party. An event, that I hope will be remembered as having the largest grand prize of any in second age history. 2 million gold, awarded to a single player. A winner take all event. The only problem is, I dont know what kind of event to hold. It will not be a pvp event. It will be somthing unique, I want even the lowliest n00b to have a chance at winning this thing. So, thus I appeal to you, good people of second age to submit some ideals for just what kind of event I could hold.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Orsi

Re: Looking For Ideals For Massive Event.

Post by Orsi »

Hold a scavenger hunt around Brittainia and hide some maps or books with the location to some uber secret place within an npc house/dungeon chest/under a tree/ etc... At that secret place, greet the winners and give the first one the mad lootz, and the runner-ups some treats.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

hand out a bunch of treasure maps with clues and hold the vent over a series of days liek the amazing race
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

I'd love something that doesn't require you to be "fast", ie running. Bad connections and below average computers might get left behind. I'd say DEVIOUS in game riddles in the form of tales. Or tell african dilemma stories and let us argue on what is a good solution and choose a winner with the best argument. Or choose a philosophical topic to be discussed, and award the best arguments. Perhaps a topic that will help you grow to be a better person, even without UOSA. ;)

A "real" game of Bingo perhaps? ;)

A supervised backgammon tournament? ;)

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

One thing to consider is a keep drop.

Fill the keep with 500+ metal boxes. Have chum trap a bunch, put decoys, small prizes, etc in the boxes, but have one box with 2 million in a bag with some other items (so it doesn't stand out). Everyone gathers outside at the appointed hour, then you drop the keep, all the boxes are in the open, and an utter shit show ensues.

Should be fun.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Fwerp wrote:One thing to consider is a keep drop.

Fill the keep with 500+ metal boxes. Have chum trap a bunch, put decoys, small prizes, etc in the boxes, but have one box with 2 million in a bag with some other items (so it doesn't stand out). Everyone gathers outside at the appointed hour, then you drop the keep, all the boxes are in the open, and an utter shit show ensues.

Should be fun.
Hmm, the problem with that would be that people would just have a scavenger for the boxes and recall off to a safe location and use an organizer agent to move them to another container and recall back for more. Then later open them when they don't risk dieing in public. What would work with that suggestion is to have all the boxes locked down inside the keep, and force people to open them on the spot.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

Or have them all full of ore to weigh them down. Most people could do is gate them out one at a time.

Get your check and run out into the middle of no where. Then have everyone look for you. Who ever finds you first, wins. Train up your hiding and stealthing to make it that much more interesting.
You could hide at the bottom of Hyth (which would make life hard for the newbs), on a boat in the ocean, give yourself an NPC name and dress up as a wandering healer and hide in plain sight, etc. As time passes, post clues on the message board.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

spend some time collecting uosa original trivia questions and hold a jeapordy type match

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

TALENT SHOW

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

BlackFoot wrote:spend some time collecting uosa original trivia questions and hold a jeapordy type match
Haha, would be awesome! Like a tournament so everyone can participate! ;)

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

I like the idea of hiding an item somewhere. Don Julio did this with a chest of gems. They hid a book in trinsic and players were suppose to find it to receive the prize. Side note: this was during the chumbucket-trap-box era. Nothing like a few unexpected deaths to liven things up.

Trivia would be neat too. Although I'd like to see something game oriented myself.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

A newbie death race through the hedge maze!

Have everyone entered in the event create a character at a inn that won't be named untill just before the event.

Then gate them to the CENTER of the hedge maze.

The newbies must find their way out without the use of magery.

The hedge maze has three or four exits. Make only one of the exits the finish line.

If anyone sees someone using tele, take a screenshot for proof and they should be disqualified.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

BlackFoot wrote:spend some time collecting uosa original trivia questions and hold a jeapordy type match

Thought about this, but people would just hit the net for quick answers.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

BlackFoot wrote:hand out a bunch of treasure maps with clues and hold the vent over a series of days liek the amazing race

Im liking somthing like this or some sort of deathrace type event lol. Maybe hold a preliminary event so we can get it down to like only 5 or so people in the running, then track their progress over the forums for the public to watch.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

bare knuckle boxing - between the final contestants