Can't Extract from UO_Client_Installer.exe

poisonman

Can't Extract from UO_Client_Installer.exe

Post by poisonman »

Everytime I try to run the UO_Client_Installer.exe to extract the files so i can install It gets 75 - 80 % complete with the extraction then I get.

CRC failed in UO Client Installer\CLIENT\SOUND.MUL
Error "Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation"

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Any suggestions?

poisonman

Re: Can't Extract from UO_Client_Installer.exe

Post by poisonman »

Please?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This looks like a correupted download to me, this should never happen. It's definately not OS related, I know it's a big fore but my suggestion would be to download it again.

Nickm690

Post by Nickm690 »

Hi Derrick, i started playing on your shard last week, poisonman is a buddy of mine i asked to join. He told me he tried downloading it several times, and i also tried sending him the exact file i used to install the game, and still the same error. Doesnt seem to make much sense to me. Any other ideas?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Might be stupid but did you try and update Client with uopatch.exe?? instead of shard files?? just trying to help keep the flames down plz

NM by bad didn't remeber that was the name of the whole UO File .. ahhh in that case I do remeber that you can copy that game installed into with same location on another computer with around i think it was only 3 or 4 windows reg. entries .. i remeber cause thats how i use to get it on crapy computers that would lock up on install .. (way back in the day) i'll see if i can find that needed reg. entries again .. and post them for you .. and were they point to ..
Last edited by Chaos on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It doesn't make much sence to me either :(

Maybe it is OS. Might try downloading the ML version from the downloads page of our main website and doing the UOPATCH route,

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Just another thought, on x64 machines, you may have problems running x86 programs from c:\Program Files.
It would be advisable to to the initial extraction right on the desktop. Maybe this is the problem?