Now that the population is low... (Derrick, pls chime in)

Topics related to Second Age
Nickodemuse

Re: Now that the population is low... (Derrick, pls chime

Post by Nickodemuse »

Surprise wrote:Good job promoting dragon turret abuse. Even barding is too much work and hardly lucrative by comparison. After all your hard work, what remains is 30 unique players rotating their 10 dragons at Elder Gazers. I guess a shard in which the vast majority of players make infinite gold while doing virtually nothing is uninteresting. But what can be expected from a 20-year old game with exploitable rules and no mechanism to fix them? Enjoy your paradise.
What you said! Ive been on this shard for almost 2 years now. I got 3 main chars. Dexxer, Bard, and tank mage. I dont have a tamer cause im too lazy to figure out how to macro it out. I dont hold that against players who do. If you played this game back in 97ish-2000ish, it is a different game because the majority of us know all the mechanics to this era now. I only owned a small house back then and never had more than 20k in my bank. Different story now cause I know what im doing, even without a tamer. "Good job promoting dragon turret abuse. Even barding is too much work and hardly lucrative by comparison." I got hundreds of thousands of gold pieces by farming Destard with my bard. I'm cool with that.

Brules

Post by Brules »

This entire thread and point of discussion is a moot point.

Derrick and Kaivan has said repeatedly they do not care one bit what the population of this server is as long as "Era Accuracy" is achieved. If there are 0 players and UOSA Is "Era Accurate" so be it.

In my 6 years here that stance has never waivered or changed, so why you all think discussing it further will change it is beyond me.

If you want something changed, you better have fully documented proof. Otherwise, give it up.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I fully believe that the old auto events can be re worked into a system that fits the UOSA stated goals, these things don't have to be seen as "non era accurate". It would take a good amount of work to get done, but if we had the old events exist in fellucia, justify the use of sign up stones, fix exploits, and remove invulnerable zones (with the exception of the direct play area) this could be a system that is entirely brand new and custom fit for the T2A era.

Surprise

Post by Surprise »

I did not create any books about you. I did, however, log in for the first time in months and found a tamer named Mythran at Elder Gazers with 10 dragons and no other players in any other dungeon. What a legacy.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Surprise wrote:I did not create any books about you. I did, however, log in for the first time in months and found a tamer named Mythran at Elder Gazers with 10 dragons and no other players in any other dungeon. What a legacy.
Social Justice Wizarding?

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Brules wrote:This entire thread and point of discussion is a moot point.

Derrick and Kaivan has said repeatedly they do not care one bit what the population of this server is as long as "Era Accuracy" is achieved. If there are 0 players and UOSA Is "Era Accurate" so be it.

In my 6 years here that stance has never waivered or changed, so why you all think discussing it further will change it is beyond me.

If you want something changed, you better have fully documented proof. Otherwise, give it up.
Until we see Derrick say it, this is nothing but a rumor.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Orion GM B^D

Post by Orion GM B^D »

Kabal wrote:
Brules wrote:This entire thread and point of discussion is a moot point.

Until we see Derrick say it, this is nothing but a rumor.
No disrespect Kabal, but you gotta give it up man. Brules is correct, nothing more than what Boom is doing & whatever
he does in the future is going to be it in terms of events. We are all lucky a place like this even exists & is free.

Derrick owes us nothing, you have to respect the policies, accept it & like it or just move on.
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

This thread has left me slightly conflicted.

I feel as if saying, "How dare you goddamn ungrateful, freeloading players, and how dare you goddamn rigid, uncaring GMs.".

I suppose one is to pull himself into pieces? .... over a video game?

Very well, I will hack my arm into helping new players and then my soul into hoping the GMs get an innovative clue.

Everything else would be observational. This would include non-wealthy players believing a gold dump is the answer, since very wealthy players rarely have the actual non-equity gold they say, and would also include players name dropping GMs in IRC conversations to bolster their egos.

I'm gagging. I'm choking. I can not breathe between these concepts. I am UOSA.

/dying

..../dead?

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

The opinion of scammers is not welcome here Taboo, please go hang out with cavewight instead of shitposting.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

YewFriends

Post by YewFriends »

Soma wrote:The opinion of scammers is not welcome here Taboo, please go hang out with cavewight instead of shitposting.
Dont say im a scammer, I got a guy banned and another guy had the balls to give me 15mill after lying to me about 4mill.

I am an honest trader.

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

YewFriends wrote:
Soma wrote:The opinion of scammers is not welcome here Taboo, please go hang out with cavewight instead of shitposting.
Dont say im a scammer, I got a guy banned and another guy had the balls to give me 15mill after lying to me about 4mill.

I am an honest trader.
You accepted the money and the house under the pretense of brokering. You did not complete the action, therefore you scammed them. In the other case, you offered someone RL money for an item in game. Did the in-game transaction and then scammed out of the RL cash portion. Whether you feel justified in these actions is irrelevant. You were dishonest when you entered into these agreements (otherwise known as scamming).
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

PLEASE NO FLAMING IN THIS THREAD

HERE IS A LINK FOR THIS EXACT SAME THREAD ALREADY IN THE TRASH TALK SECTION
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=65483

Orion GM B^D wrote:
Kabal wrote:
Brules wrote:Derrick owes us nothing, you have to respect the policies, accept it & like it or just move on.
I already suggested a gofundme page to motivate the GMs and to compensate them for their time spent coding.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

YewFriends

Post by YewFriends »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
YewFriends wrote:I am an honest trader.
You think I am a scammer because I didnt buy items for IRL cash? :?:

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

YewFriends wrote:
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
YewFriends wrote:I am an honest trader.
You think I am a scammer because I didnt buy items for IRL cash? :?:

How does this not make sense to you. You offered a guy cash for his items and then only completed half the deal. I'm not advocating for buying or selling shit for RL cash, but if you can't see how that's a scam I don't think anyone can help you. Like I said before, whether or not you felt justified in scamming someone, doesn't make it not a scam.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

YewFriends

Post by YewFriends »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:I'm not advocating for buying or selling shit for RL cash.
Yes you are, what would happen if I traded IRL cash for items? Id be banned.