well...

Topics related to Second Age
Nickodemuse

Re: well...

Post by Nickodemuse »

havent read posts since my last but theres only 3 ppl on the bounty board. #1 i put him/her there from an idoc with trapped chests. #2 has 1000 gold and #3 has 100 gold............. You gotta be kidding me.... au'revoir!

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Server working as intended. Long live UOSA!

This has always been a place where you take your licks (lots of them early game), and get right back on the horse (or llama/ostard/whatevs). I saw these post all over the place 6 years ago on this server with 1000% more population.

I'm sure you can replace whatever you have lost in no time with alittle resilience and resourcefulness: Find a rune library of your liking, mark a half dozen or more runes to some less frequented spots, and practice recognizing an incoming threat.

The threat is the absolute best part of the server. And the only more enjoyable thing about being enraged from UO is inducing rage in UO. Goodluck!
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Happy Gilmore wrote:Simple 3 options

1. Learn to fight
2. Learn to recall
3. sounds like you are doing the 3rd one, cya
dont encourage him to leave! cmon happy! y do we want this shard to fail ppl? by running players off, seriously

Onslaught-

Post by Onslaught- »

When I first started here 8 years ago, I used to farm with my finger hovering over my recall macro.

Theres literally no excuse for not being able to handle PKs.

Dudekisser

Post by Dudekisser »

I would agree that escaping PKs is very manageable, though I think it's more that he's simply expressing that he's realizing this kind of play style isn't really his thing.

I don't think that's bad, I can totally empathize. I imagine it can get super tiring to deal with constant PKs if you realize you don't derive much fun out of that facet of the game.

I think he did it right by expressing this and wishing the rest of us the best with the server.

versair

Post by versair »

Dudekisser is exactly right. It wasn't that I could not handle the PKs. It was entirely the fact that it is tiresome. A lot of how I feel is that my time is precious to me. In real life and in games, because I spend my time to play them. When my time gets wasted, it is a real issue for my personally.

PK is part of UO. Yes. Does it mean that I have to like it or enjoy it? absolutely not. If I choose to play the game PvM, then that is my choice. If I am not able to do that, then I have to make a choice to either put up with it or not.

As stated previously, maybe my initial post was a little emotional, but far from a rant. I've seen, as i'm sure you all have, much much worse.

As a side note. I've decided to stay and join a guild. Hopefully, I can continue to enjoy my experience. I am def a person who will not whine about something but do nothing to change my situation. Thankfully, this is a game, and if I am not enjoying myself, then it is on me to leave. I appreciate those who have reached out to me. And also to those who do understand where I was coming from. I never meant to change the game, or this server.

Gork

Post by Gork »

Glad you are staying! I will be returning soon myself. I have heard the cries and they all sound like this server needs more Gork.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

I just saw you run outside my house near the Yew liches.
I didn't pk you.
There was no one around.

I think you are comparing a singular instance where you died. The server is dead. You can hunt pretty happily and easily now.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

versair

Post by versair »

lol it was not a single instance :D

also, I had my fingers on my recall. very trigger happy. it's not a feeling I like to sit in.

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

tldr most of the posts. However I did get the general idea.

I eventually adopted the PK style after awhile. Simply PvE-ing is too mindless for me to play forever doing that. If I wanted mindless farming, I'd go play Farmville. Few shards are pure PvE and those that are have player counts <30, perhaps even lower. Still, if that's what you prefer, I wish you luck in finding a shard that you enjoy or even a new game.
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

versair

Post by versair »

Narcissic wrote:tldr most of the posts. However I did get the general idea.

I eventually adopted the PK style after awhile. Simply PvE-ing is too mindless for me to play forever doing that. If I wanted mindless farming, I'd go play Farmville. Few shards are pure PvE and those that are have player counts <30, perhaps even lower. Still, if that's what you prefer, I wish you luck in finding a shard that you enjoy or even a new game.
What I'm not understanding is why people are getting so bent out of shape. I never intended to say that the server should change. Why can't you understand, that some people just do not prefer to be griefed? If It gets to the point that it makes the game un-fun, I simply just stop playing.

If making other players unhappy if your sole mission in a game, that says something about who you are. There is plenty of pvp to be had among willing participants. that should be more fun than going around and killing peaceful people. testing your mettle against other like minded and skilled people. proving you are better than them. what joy does it bring you to kill players who have no intent on griefing people? again, says something about your character as a human being.

EDIT: also one more thing I'd like to say. When I posted initially, yes I had just joined the forum. I id not make it a priority to join the forum community. I had hoped that in my random in game travels, I could encounter a situation where im killing X mob, and some random person walked up to me and hey "hi there! oh i see you are killing X. May i join you?" ect ect ect. literally 100% of every player interaction outside of town was someone attacking me. not one person who just wanted to play with another person. That in and of itself is very sad.

Is it partly because of the low player base? maybe. the odds to meet someone like minded is apparently low, and even worse given the random 100 people playing around all of UO.

Last thing I'll comment on. The whole situation with Cavewright. That right there is my point. someone who engages in activites like that, and enjoys scamming others, and making people upset, for their own enjoyment, is just sad. Some people need to take a serious look at themselves and realize that their joy that is derived from others pain is just plain sick. And that's coming from a united states marine. I've seen and done some messed up stuff. but i did not enjoy it. and none of it was by my choosing. Open up your eyes.

Nickodemuse

Post by Nickodemuse »

JimmyTheDriver

Post by JimmyTheDriver »

I can't figure out where you all are even finding people to play against.

Love,
Jimstigator

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

This thread makes me want to kill people again.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

versair wrote: literally 100% of every player interaction outside of town was someone attacking me. not one person who just wanted to play with another person. That in and of itself is very sad.

Is it partly because of the low player base? maybe. the odds to meet someone like minded is apparently low, and even worse given the random 100 people playing around all of UO.

Last thing I'll comment on. The whole situation with Cavewright. That right there is my point. someone who engages in activites like that, and enjoys scamming others, and making people upset, for their own enjoyment, is just sad. Some people need to take a serious look at themselves and realize that their joy that is derived from others pain is just plain sick. And that's coming from a united states marine. I've seen and done some messed up stuff. but i did not enjoy it. and none of it was by my choosing. Open up your eyes.
This is a community mentality that you're referring to an unfortunately it has been able to thrive in the demise of UOSA because some of the vets who have this mentality refuse to leave, so others leave instead.