Gaining in tactics with 2 PC fighting

Topics related to Second Age
Orion GM B^D

Re: Gaining in tactics with 2 PC fighting

Post by Orion GM B^D »

jimm1432 wrote:
Orion GM B^D wrote:Whenever I was training any combat skill, I would/will use a paladin. No need messing
around with a fighter. Now it may have taken a few days to find a paladin, but I just waited,
checking all the locations they are normally.

Randale you don't have to worry about the hiding/attacking thing, I could never get it to work for me.
So I just got them into my house and blocked them in and started the training. Using a alt healer
and trainee. Its also a great way to train a healer, with GM anat, a 50 healer will keep trainee/paladin alive.

I have an empty house you can use anytime your ready to train, as many chars as you want, for as long as you want.

Send me a pm and Ill get you set up. Its really no big deal.
takes about 6 hours to gm with a fighter and you wait days to find a paladin? makes no sense.

also the hide invis 'thing' means you can make a new char with 10 str and 60 dex and not worry about dying....

It's sooooo simple only a retard can't get it to work, here is a video that took me 3-4 mins to record.

Congratulations on the superior UOSA training skills. Clearly an asset to the shard.....
WiseOne wrote:I don't log on often, but when I do, I shop at Trinny Stone Vendors!
Trinny Stone Vendors
@Trinsic Moongate/Est. 6-2-12

randale

Post by randale »

Is putting the NPC behind a table even necessary? What if you did everything in jimm's video except that?

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

randale wrote:Is putting the NPC behind a table even necessary? What if you did everything in jimm's video except that?
You're crackin' me up mate. I'll quote Rose from earlier, in reference to Jim's video:
Rose wrote:I don't know how much more clear I can be with this. You are going to have to just try it in game and figure it out for yourself.
Yes, you need the table or some form of separation, or the NPC will hit you back.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

this thread is hilarious. :lol:

Somewhat unrelated, one of my favorite macro moments I had was when I used a small snake to poison myself, walked back and forth attempting to get poisoned, and then waited a tile away to be healed. The snake was stuck behind a table, and it was all done in a small house. Of course this was done to gain healing through the poison phase.

The small things you can do to make macros work for you are really enjoyable at times :] just get in there and start setting it up!

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

eggmona wrote:this thread is hilarious. :lol:

Somewhat unrelated, one of my favorite macro moments I had was when I used a small snake to poison myself, walked back and forth attempting to get poisoned, and then waited a tile away to be healed. The snake was stuck behind a table, and it was all done in a small house. Of course this was done to gain healing through the poison phase.

The small things you can do to make macros work for you are really enjoyable at times :] just get in there and start setting it up!
I done that till i kept killing the snakes so i moved onto the big snakes only for the macro to mess up and keep walking forward and killed me lol.

also orion i was trying to be helpful instead of just telling him not to bother cus you don't know how. not everyone has a 2nd char to heal and hiding means a newb to the server can make his first char without any help very easy.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I like that Rose got dismissed by the newbie who can't figure this out. :lol:
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

randale

Post by randale »

Boondock_Saint wrote:I like that Rose got dismissed by the newbie who can't figure this out. :lol:
What makes you think I'm a newb? I've been here longer than you have.

Actually, Rose's description is wrong, Jimm showed the right way to do it, here it is

1. Hire a fighter from Jhelom
2. Put them Behind a table
3. Say "all stay"
4. Go to the other side of the table
5. Say "all guard me"
6. Use the hiding skill or invisiblity spell on yourself- this will cause the NPC to leave war mode
7. Enter War mode
8. Click and Drag the NPC to bring up the name bar
9. Double Click the name bar, in war mode
10. Move next to the NPC hireling- this will end your invisibility
11. Double Click to attack the NPC hireling- they will not attack you back

This is a little different from what Rose suggested,
Trap them between table so that they don't move, attack from a distance, then invis/hide yourself, this will cause the NPC to leave war mode while you are still in, the NPC will no longer attack you while you freely beat/heal him.
I think what she meant by "attack from a distance" is step number 9, which made me think you have to attack them with archery, or an explosion potion or a spell, this is where I got confused.

Also,
Attack trapped NPC > invis or hide yourself > move beside the NPC. (Do not attack the NPC after the invis/hide)
Actually you DO attack the NPC after you invis/hide after double clicking them in war mode- when you walk over to them, which breaks the invisibility.
The act of invis/hiding will cause the NPC to leave war mode and stop attacking while you are still in war mode and are still attacking.
This made me think you had to be invisible WHILE you were attacking, this is not the case, see the confusion? I could have easily clarified these things to someone.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

so funny on so many levels

randale

Post by randale »

Well, anyway if anyone knows who I should hire to get gains, I was going to hire Nala but she isn't there. Neala didn't get me any gains in an hour.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

'Attack' and 'damage' are two completely separate actions; no where was it said you needed to damage the NPC while hidden. You simply need to be aggro'd on to the NPC before or during a few seconds of invisibility, and not to tab out thereafter.

I'd go with someone's previous advice and just get a Paladin right off the bat, don't bother with the fighers. Might be slightly slower, I don't know, but not worth the effort deciding. There are always 6-8 in the tower directly north of Delucia bank. Do you have a character who can gate them from Delucia to your house?

If you aren't gaining tactics, fear not. I believe it was hard (or impossible?) to gain tactics if the weapon skill level was lagging more than 10 skill points behind the tactics skill level (e.g. if you have 25 swords, and 50 tactics, and you are training with a sword, you won't gain tactics until swords is at least 40 or so). I could be wrong about this, but I remember having similar frustration when I first started. Just be patient, as long as one of your skills is raising, things should work out. Do something to get your dex to 100 too, even if you plan on having lower dex later. Stats are easy via herding (str), snooping (dex), and camping (int/str/dex) after you get your skills done. I'd recommend snooping the hireling you're hitting while you hit him, that way you get dex high. Also, locking your strength while it's still low will mean you damage the NPC less -> less bandages needed to heal.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

randale

Post by randale »

Aeris- I wanted to use wrestling and have it stay low, in order not to hurt my sparring partner too badly- at least so bad that the toon healing him couldn't keep up. I plan to have to toon I'm training tactics with GM swords eventually, it would be nice to train them at the same time, however. The toon already has a 100 str and a 100 dex.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Jimm, try equipping a bow with no ammo next time, the snake wont die to your punches.

randale, you can go ahead and make this as complex as you like, add 8 more steps to a three step process I don't care. I simply tried to explain it to you in the shortest and most efficient way possible.

You will find procedural variations for just about everything in this game.

Edit missed this:
randale wrote:Actually you DO attack the NPC after you invis/hide after double clicking them in war mode- when you walk over to them, which breaks the invisibility.
I was trying to prevent you from re-agro which will happen if you 'double click attack'/'attack last' the NPC after you are visible again.

dazedman

Post by dazedman »

absolutely funny thread. :lol:

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

if you need any help ill meet with u in game and show u how to successfully do the invisi trick to make them not attack u while u are hitting them as rose above said but if u have a mage theres no need for the tables...and if u dont have 1...ill co own you to one of my houses to do this in...pm me or hmu in irc if u still need help :)

jimm1432

Post by jimm1432 »

The Gods wrote: if u have a mage theres no need for the tables...
please explain how a mage helps in anyway? are you going to para it for him? or invis him while his running away from the attacking npc? because unless you have at least one tile GAP he will attack you.

also thanks rose done that in the past but didn't even come to mind when i was last doing healing

edit: randale wtf man? do you see me attacking the npc after i come out of invis? no! you only attack him once WHILE YOU ARE HIDDEN then walk out of invis NO MORE DOUBLE CLICKING. Maybe orion is right and some people should just not bother...