All strength skills macro not working

Topics related to Second Age
randale

Re: All strength skills macro not working

Post by randale »

Patek wrote:Randale, just ignore Sigwhatever, you have it pretty much sorted.

Method one (slow and fiddly):
1. Use lots of different skills up to 10.0 (the super easy gains)
2. Once you've run out of easy gains, use Razor macros to push the high-stat-gain skills higher or "use your desired skills" to slowly raise stats.
3. Repeat 2 until desired stats are reached.

Method two (fast and simple [requires like 5,000-7,000gp that people will probably just give you if you ask]):
1. Buy skills from vendors till your 700.0 "real". Don't buy snooping, herding or camping.
2. See-Saw snooping, herding or camping from 0.0 to 10.0 up and down over and over using mine or Matron's guide.
3. Repeat 2 until you have desired stats in under 2 hours.

Just use my guide or Matron's guide and be done with it. Seriously, stats aren't that exciting and its more fun just sorting them and getting into the game.

Any questions let me know (PM here or on IRC).

Cheers

- Patek
Well anyway Patek, like I was asking, how do I macro snooping alone (which can't be done can it?) I'm going to have to snoop someone else's bag and I'll lose karma.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

randale wrote:Well anyway Patek, like I was asking, how do I macro snooping alone (which can't be done can it?) I'm going to have to snoop someone else's bag and I'll lose karma.
Don't worry about karma because its crazy easy to get it back down the track (doing stuff like casting energy vortex against ancient wrym, lich lord, blood elementals etc will get you positive karma/fame in like 30 minutes if that).

For snooping I always just do it on an NPC shopkeeper. It doesn't make you grey or attackable, it just lowers karma a bit like you said.

For the Razor macro just hit "record", double click the shopkeepers bag, click "stop recording", tick the "loop" box and push play while making sure you're standing next to the NPC - you'll hit 10.0 snooping in like 30 seconds.

Cheers.

- Patek

randale

Post by randale »

Don't worry about karma because its crazy easy to get it back down the track (doing stuff like casting energy vortex against ancient wrym, lich lord, blood elementals etc will get you positive karma/fame in like 30 minutes if that).
Unless it gets locked, which I think means it can't any higher, but can get lower. I'd have to go to a shrine to unlock it. And, on the new character I would have the magery to cast EV's.

randale

Post by randale »

I'm not sure you'd want to use all skills to get to the skill cap of 700, sounds like a pain. I may just want to pay for the skills. Some of them don't require you do anything but run them over and over like hiding, detect hidden, spirit speak and tracking, Some require a target, like eval int, anatomy (or a specific target like animal taming) and some require TOOLS, like carpentry/blacksmith/mining/tailoring/lumberjacking (which you would need money for- and you're a new character, so you're going to have to get some money first, so it doesn't sound faster!)

There are 49 skills here, and a few require pre-requisites to train, like stealth for hiding, provocation and peacemaking and enticement (or do we have discordance here- I know we don't have spellweaving- that appears on the in-game list) need musicianship, and I'm not going to train stealing on new character. so you'd need to get 14.2 in every skill if you're using every skill- to reach the cap.

randale

Post by randale »

Well, you don't quite understand, yet, and I'm not going to say it all again. What is written is clear and straight-forward: please, read it; or don't.
No, it may not be, what's obvious to one person may not be to another, this is why I ask for clarification sometimes. I'm tired of your "read it or don't read, it's not my fault you're too stupid to understand it" which seems to be what you're implying. Time to put you on ignore.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

randale wrote: I'm tired of your "read it or don't read, it's not my fault you're too stupid to understand it" which seems to be what you're implying. Time to put you on ignore.
QQ

I'm not here to push the easy button for you: incoming epiphany, no one else here is, either.

Advice was given to you, and the only requirement was that you read it: all of your responses clearly indicate that you can't be bothered.

49 skills; material/tool requirements? The skill-cap is 700 points, not 4900.

Sorry, I said something that is incorrect: "the only requirement is that you read"; you also need to think.

This game is probably beyond you. Gee, I guess when/if you go, this shard will fail.

That's too bad.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

randale

Post by randale »

I'm not here to push the easy button for you: incoming epiphany, no one else here is, either.
I'm not the only one annoyed by you, it seems. And, you're wrong. Patek and others are willing to help. I don't need you.
49 skills; material/tool requirements? The skill-cap is 700 points, not 4900.
Yes, and what is 49 (the number of skills here) times 14.3? not 4900. It's a little over the skill cap so, you'd need a few skills at 14.2. What is 700 divided by 49? If you use all skills that's what you'll need to get most of them up to in order to get to the skill cap, got it?

SighelmofWyrmgard

The only people who are "annoyed" with me are people who don't like what's shown in the mirror. If you had actually done any reading, that would be apparent.

Absolutely everything that you (continue to) say proves that you do not read, and you do not think: telling me that you don't want to follow instructions I never gave you makes you look like an idiot, not me; other people can read, and do.

OSI and UOSA both have suffered from a plague of lazy, demanding, self-indulgent dolts who possess an extraordinarily exaggerated, and perverse, sense of self-entitlement: these "quality players" (none of whom would ever deign to read, or think) all demand the same things:

[*]There must be an 'easy' button! Waah, waaah, waaaah! I won't play without an 'easy' button!
[*]Not only must there be an 'easy' button, but you have to hold my hand and show me where it is and how it works! Waaah, waaaah, waaaaah!
[*]That's not all: I can't be bothered to go over to the 'easy' button; you have to bring it to me! Waaaah, waaaah, waaaaah!
[*]Now, hold my hand and push the 'easy' button for me! I can't do it, myself! Waah, waaaah, waaaaah!

From observation I am entitled to remark that such "quality players" often don't last very long. Inexplicably, Ultima Online and UOSA somehow persist, though the community grieves, in great wailing tears, over the loss of so many "quality players".

It still hasn't even occurred to you that you might, if only out of courtesy, expend an amount of personal effort that is commensurate with the efforts people have already expended in the interests of giving you a 'hand up', and actually read what had been written for your benefit. With witless audacity, you style yourself as an aggrieved party ...

I would advise you to spit the pacifier out of your mouth, before a PKer (whomever will be the first of very many) loots it off of your chopped-up corpse.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

tl;dr signerd is mad
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Soma wrote:tl;dr signerd is mad
I'm not angry: I'm hungry!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

this threads way longer than it should be. Best way to max your stats is seesaw (skill cap abuse) and its not even close. You also will find generally most skills are easier to GM once you've gotten max stats. (more hp to heal, attack faster for weapon skills, etc), so its very much more efficient to cap your stats FIRST.

you've been linked a few stat gain guides, they're good. Here is my guide to make starter gold:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=45914

ignore all the extra stuff. the jist is that you make a fletcher to support early stat capping and reagent buying.

have fun and good luck :]