can we get private guild forums please

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Finesse

can we get private guild forums please

Post by Finesse »

if you can do this it would be great.

thanks

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: can we get private guild forums please

Post by Wise »

just start your own guild forums... its likely alot of work to keep track of guild that are active for a month then die, imagine having to create 30 private guild forums for them just to become incative and useless while only a few get utilised by perminately active guilds.... its not hard to set up a Phpbb forums, thats what I did for our guild, took an afternoon set up a public and private guild forums and webpage www.UOSAMerchants.com
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Finesse

Post by Finesse »

does it cost or what can i get some instructions?

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

you can do it cost free, though for a more stable host you will likely need to pay a small fee I am fortunate I pay for and share a FTP server with a friend of mine, if your interested, and there might be I could set guilds up with their own private boards on the $$$ forums, I know derrick and others dont have the time but I certainly do, or if derrick is willing to set it up and add myself or another we established guild GM/Player as the Moderator that would work quite splendedly as well,

I will post later tonight about how to try and set up a free forums for your guild on your own (at work atm and dont have the time to write a complete how-to)
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I opened a guild section in the community forums.

Any guild who wants an guid forum in there, with 10 more members (Please not all your own characters), contact me via PM. Please include the location of the guildstone in your request.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Only problem i see is when I click "View active topics" as I do constantly, it'll show all the guild posts too. There was some initial spam just from the one new guild forum D: