Swords (45 items) updated information

Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Punishing Ken

Re: Swords (45 items) updated information

Post by Punishing Ken »

Capitalist wrote:Wtf my bid stood for a day and you closed a half hour after his?
Vega, the auction was open Posted: Feb 16th, '16, 02:06 (my time) and closed in a day PostPosted: Feb 17th, '16, 02:24. Auction time is 24 hours. I always do, except for the auction with sandals. There was an exclusive offer.)

SighelmofWyrmgard

Re: Swords (45 items) updated information

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Capitalist wrote:Wtf my bid stood for a day and you closed a half hour after his?
I would like to confirm that everything has proceeded in complete accord with the stipulations specified within the OP (also that the transaction has been consummated satisfactorily: I've given Punishing Ken +1 to rep).

I expect that, if any particular item can be implicated in "starting controversy", it would be the +15 Halberd of Vanquishing: certainly, for me it was the "keystone" item, in terms of its value, that made my participation in bidding for the rest of the lot worthwhile.

That being said, aside from its obvious-value-in-monetary-terms-which-made-the-entire-lot-worthwhile, this item holds little 'tangible' value for me, otherwise: it's a PvPer's weapon, and I don't PvP ...; for PvM purposes, I've got enough good halberds for my needs.

So, Vega, if you feel that you had lost fair opportunity to continue to express interest in this auction, I might say, "Nuts to you: everything has been 'fair-and-square', entirely according to the specified terms of the auction", but I won't (for one thing, it would be needlessly unkind, and also childish).

Rather, I will say, what would you suggest; would you like me to put-up this item, alone, in (another) auction? I had actually been thinking that I might send you a PM to give you another chance to acquire it, via private sale, but I do not think that such an arrangement would be fair to any of the other people who had also tendered bids, here, and 'fairness' is the issue I wish to push.

While it seems that it is to Vega, directly, that I am speaking, I send out the same question/proposition to each/every person who had also bid on this lot: you all have an 'equal say', regarding any interpretations of 'fairness'.

Do NOT PM me over this: I don't think private communication suits the matter (so, please, anyone else who might want to PM me to ask after this item, don't, and accept my apologies).

Neither do I think that this thread, transaction-concluded, should be appropriated for any such purpose.

I guess that what I am saying is, to anyone honestly interested in acquiring that +15 Halberd of Vanquishing, you may start another thread, entitled, "Sighelm, are you going to auction that Hally?", or some such, and I will consider all opinions, and reply.

In regards to my interactions with Punishing Ken, I am happy to say that I am completely satisfied!

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.