"Disposable" Blue PKers

Topics related to Second Age
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: "Disposable" Blue PKers

Post by Mens Rea »

Welcome to t2a UO. The reason you are complaining is because you weren't there doing it yourself.

You say you aren't affected by the problem you suggest. You say you don't town macro.

I say you are crying on the forums for no apparent or valid reason.

Issue closed. Thread locked.

Patek
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Patek »

You could (without breaking any rules) have two or more accounts on OSI logged in to the same server at the same time, so I don't see what's different here... If they were using 4+ accounts, exploiting an unknown bug and/or somehow doing it AFK that's a whole different story, but manually controlling one, two or three accounts at the same time is all good.

As others have said, I recommend just macro'ing somewhere else (preferably on the centre tile of a small non-stone house on flat ground away from water :D)

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Or, you could, like any one with a brain back then, log off at a nearby inn then come back and loot.

Although there was more people running around back then, sometimes hard to loot before the corpse decayed/went grey :)

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I don't really have anything to add to the discussion at the moment beyond what Boomland said, which I'll reiterate: If there's an actual exploit or bug that's being abused, then we would urge you or anyone else with knowledge of how it is done to contact us about how it occurs.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Kaivan, have you ever purple pot bombed anyone in UO? :D

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

The short answer:
It sucks, but they aren’t breaking any of the mechanics. There’s nothing anyone can do, as this was certainly a playstyle on OSI shard and would be considered era accurate. As other people have stated, find a dead town or work to get a small. Neither of those are options for new people without Vet help though.

The long answer:
It really is a crappy thing to do. The people macroing in town are new recruits to the shard most likely. They are macroing in town because they don’t have a house yet, and quite frankly they don’t know any better. So the behavior discussed here is a very significant reason the shard isn’t expanding. People haven’t experienced how awesome the game can be yet. They only see the dark side. So they just quit without really getting established.

I’m sure we’ll have some old vets stating some version of “toughen up noob. Quit if you can’t hack it”. Which is fine. Personally, I believe it is just too early to hunt them. As I stated above, they haven’t been established yet. Once they get a few roots into the ground, it’s a lot easier to put up with the darker aspects such as thievery and murder. Essentially positive time in game makes it far easier to accept and deal with the darker sides of the game. If all you know about the game is macroing and death, most of us wouldn’t stay.

I truly believe this specific behavior drives people away, specifically people who never played UO on OSI servers. There isn’t jack we can do about it. I simply make this plea. If the person is clearly new, cut them some slack. Let them get some roots so they’ll stay. Then you can hunt them repeatedly later on. Killing a dude 20 times in the field is better than one afk town kill on a 40 HP target. Reds should want the shard to grow as it creates quite a few targets to choose from. Expanding the population is in everyone’s best interest, and this behavior has a pretty significant impact on that population.

I’d also like to ask you be generous in field kills if the player is clearly new. By all means kill the pansy. However, be kind and rez them. Take their reg box as your trophy, but leave a recall scroll a town rune and their stuff. Tell them this is your dungeon, and they better pay the toll next time or face the same fate. You get all the glory that comes with killing a weak character in an unfair fight. More importantly, they don’t have to start over from scratch. Heck, he might be stupid enough to come right back and you get a second kill, heh heh
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Unfortunately, it's pretty standard. I would suggest adapting. :|

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:I have been aware of this for quite a while: I was informed of the first incident (of the incidents of which I have been informed, that is, lol) almost 5 months ago; how much had been going on before my return, I have no idea.

There are players who generate "suicide-attacker" characters with the sole purpose of attacking and killing AFK newbies; in my opinion, vis-à-vis the play-environment originally presented by OSI in-era, this exploits UOSA's multiclienting policies, to the extent that it constitutes abuse.

Off-and-on, I have conducted some investigation (lapsed a bit, I must confess, the last month, or so ...), and I can provide names (of the obvious "controllers") to the Administration, should they wish to investigate this matter on their own.

I wish to present this position here, first, rather than submit any formal complaint to staff.

SS
the only thing i see is a problem is the npcs NEVER calling guards for u like they did on catskills