Bulk Leather

Buying/Selling Resources (Ingots/Boards/Etc)

Moderator: Trade Moderators

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Bulk Leather

Post by violator »

Looking to buy leather in large amounts. PM me please.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Bulk Leather

Post by morgan1109 »

I’m not trying to derail, just trying to help. Leather weighs a ton. Even when I am out on my own guys, I don’t keep leather. It’s far more efficient goldwise to just keep hunting. If you are a treasure hunter, you can build up a decent stock from cutting down all the junk leather armor, so some people will have large stocks around.

So the question is how to amass large amounts of leather quickly and easily. What I did to build the skill and stockpile was to:

1. Use cloth until I couldn’t gain skill anymore. Cloth is basically free as most don’t harvest the cotton/wool
2. Went to a rune library and marked all the leather shops
3. Spent a day buying every hour from all the vendors in the world. I bought the 3 GP leather, not the 7 GP cut leather. You would pay upwards of 2 GP+ from a player, so sourcing from the vendors at 3 isn’t much different.
4. Every stack was cut before recalling so I had to make as little trips as possible to the bank. Eventually you’ll have each vendor kicking out large enough amounts you have to cut to hold all of it. It only takes a second to cut.
5. Rinse and repeat. It only takes 5 minutes every hour to hit the vendors. They start out at 20 leather a piece to start out, and I think I had them up to 200-250ish leather per when I finally had enough. Once you get them rolling, you will be buying 2-3K leather every hour.

The first day I actually had enough leather to get the skill I wanted (shot for 93 to make GM studded gorgets fairly reliably). It takes some work to get them kicking out decent amounts of leather though, so I kept buying until I had a couple months’ worth of leather stashed.

Basically, I had my tailor buy every hour then craft in between shop runs. I would just drop my main character off at a bank for those 5 minutes, then hit the field again. One quick note, there is a fair amount of PVP going on at Buc’s den lately. Be careful when you buy from the Buc’s den leather shop. It’s not uncommon for a red to run by.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

I think he's trying to not have to do everything you just described morgan ;) Not that it's not all correct, but I think he (and most others who buy in bulk) are looking for someone else to do that job for them. Woody pays people to gather bulk pouches, just so he doesn't have to grab a runebook and recall 10 times and have 200.

Anyways, if there's enough leather out there already, someone will come forward and sell him enough, and if not, hopefully someone will see the void in the market here as a chance to make some gold doing exactly what you wrote morgan!

Like me! :D I have 18.4k at 7gp right now if you want violator, but you can probably get it for 4 or 5 if you keep looking.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

Well played, Aeris. And everything he says is true. In a nutshell, I'm too lazy to run back and forth from the shops.

I am going to hold out for a while, as I think you're most likely right about getting it for 5. 8)
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

If I'm not too lazy, I'll try to farm some for you later today or tonight and see how it goes. Just don't want to sell my current stock as I know it's a bitch to find sellers here, so I don't want to sell you mine today and tomorrow be in your shoes looking for a seller 8)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

I've got just over 3k in leather. selling at 5 ea
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

dvs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dvs »

I sell leather at 6GP ea on vendor at The Needy King.

Currently only have 1000 on there at a shot until some of it moves.

Happy Gilmore

Post by Happy Gilmore »

i got 20,000 leather I will sell for 2 small deeds

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

You know if I had looked at his join date, I could have saved everyone a lot of time, heh heh.

FYI, WAP has 12K leather for sale at 5 he just posted.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Return to “Resources”