Is this server in need of a smith?

Post by LordRaven »

Back from being away for a long time.

Just curious.

WarmApplepie

Re: Is this server in need of a smith?

Post by WarmApplepie »

Are you a poisoned also? Price me 125 GM hallies DP'd plz
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

WAP is good at 2 things: taking DP and running away
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

And somehow I've managed to kill a lot of people! Lean wit it, rock wit it

Funny u mention that tho everytime I loaded ebolt after explo u turn and ran or loaded gheal and toggled invis. WIERD!!!
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

i'll do it for 65k

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Smith’s aren’t in high demand for 2 main reasons:

1. This shard has been around for a long time, and you get 15 characters per account. A lot of players have a smith.

2. The most popular build is the Hally mage build. This is why WAP asked about GM deadly poisoned hally’s, heh heh. There’s no armor involved and only one weapon (the Halberd). People lean toward ranged builds (magery) rather than melee builds so there just isn’t much demand for armor.

To GM poisoning you need a crap ton of nightshade which costs a crap ton of gold. I would not recommend it to a returning player in any way. The payback period on all that money is very very long. You are talking about having to sell in the neighborhood of 20K poisoned Hally’s when there are a ton of vendors with tons of them in stock. That’s before you actually start turning a profit…

The best way to make money in most MMO’s is to gather resources. Vets get lazy and don’t want to put in the time, and other new players are working on GMing a crafting skill. It’s a very good way to raise some start up cash. I am always looking to purchase boards (lumberjacking). Ashborn is always looking to purchase boards, ingots (mining), and cloth. Others are always looking to purchase all three as well, but Ashborn always has and add up on the forum.

There’s lots of great builds that provide a great variety of experiences in the game. If you just want to amass gold you can get a bard up and running on the cheap and be raking in the dough pretty easily.

If you want to be a crafter, the most profitable ones I’ve found are inscriptionists, and house deed vendors. House deed vendors require many points across many crafting disciplines so I wouldn’t recommend it to start out. Inscriptionists can be leveled on the cheap. When you reach the mid 60’s you hit a break-even point. After that you are making money all the way to GM by just selling to vendors. Once you GM it’s a cash cow either selling to NPC’s or people via a vendor.

If you want to run a vendor, I would look into a setting up a bandage vendor first. Cloth is free to come by (sheep, and cotton fields), and when cut into bandages sell well enough. A reg vendor does VERY well usually if you can get into a high traffic area. It requires a substantial gold outlay up front to get the regs to sell, but it pays very well. The best part is both of these require zero actual investment in any skill. So you can be anything you want and run a vendor.

Beyond that glad to have you back! It’s a great place to play. If you need any help getting started just let me know.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

morgan1109's condensed answer: No.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

morgan1109 wrote:Vets get lazy and don’t want to put in the time,.
exactly. I have a GM smith, GM poisioner, and plenty of resources. But meh I'll buy em done
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

LordRaven

Post by LordRaven »

morgan1109 wrote:Smith’s aren’t in high demand for 2 main reasons:

1. This shard has been around for a long time, and you get 15 characters per account. A lot of players have a smith.

2. The most popular build is the Hally mage build. This is why WAP asked about GM deadly poisoned hally’s, heh heh. There’s no armor involved and only one weapon (the Halberd). People lean toward ranged builds (magery) rather than melee builds so there just isn’t much demand for armor.

To GM poisoning you need a crap ton of nightshade which costs a crap ton of gold. I would not recommend it to a returning player in any way. The payback period on all that money is very very long. You are talking about having to sell in the neighborhood of 20K poisoned Hally’s when there are a ton of vendors with tons of them in stock. That’s before you actually start turning a profit…

The best way to make money in most MMO’s is to gather resources. Vets get lazy and don’t want to put in the time, and other new players are working on GMing a crafting skill. It’s a very good way to raise some start up cash. I am always looking to purchase boards (lumberjacking). Ashborn is always looking to purchase boards, ingots (mining), and cloth. Others are always looking to purchase all three as well, but Ashborn always has and add up on the forum.

There’s lots of great builds that provide a great variety of experiences in the game. If you just want to amass gold you can get a bard up and running on the cheap and be raking in the dough pretty easily.

If you want to be a crafter, the most profitable ones I’ve found are inscriptionists, and house deed vendors. House deed vendors require many points across many crafting disciplines so I wouldn’t recommend it to start out. Inscriptionists can be leveled on the cheap. When you reach the mid 60’s you hit a break-even point. After that you are making money all the way to GM by just selling to vendors. Once you GM it’s a cash cow either selling to NPC’s or people via a vendor.

If you want to run a vendor, I would look into a setting up a bandage vendor first. Cloth is free to come by (sheep, and cotton fields), and when cut into bandages sell well enough. A reg vendor does VERY well usually if you can get into a high traffic area. It requires a substantial gold outlay up front to get the regs to sell, but it pays very well. The best part is both of these require zero actual investment in any skill. So you can be anything you want and run a vendor.

Beyond that glad to have you back! It’s a great place to play. If you need any help getting started just let me know.
Thank you Morgan1109, very helpful and informative.

The Gods

Post by The Gods »

Capitalist wrote:WAP is good at 2 things: taking DP and running away
^^

Return to “Other”