Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Treysta

Re: Accpting Unwanted Weapons and Armor

Post by Treysta »

ReptilianLover wrote:AI will add that I average about 30+% of income comes from "crap".

I think I average around 17-20% of the gold value by id/selling (this is around what I get from mibs on average as well)
Not once have I argued that NPCing things can't contribute to a percentage of one's income. Anything that generates gold can contribute to one's income. I could get 30+% of my income from killing Mongbats. The percentage of your income alone is meaningless unless the opportunity cost is measured.
ReptilianLover wrote:When I see "crap" sitting on the ground, I see wasted money. It takes just as long to toss crap aside then put it in your pack. I use organizer agents to place these items in sorting bins. I use an unattended macro to id shit. It takes me like 10 minutes to sell a chest "crap" items I don't want for $8-$9k, far better than farming ANYTHING for a mere 10 minutes. I don't see the lost opportunity cost of doing this.
I want to take your analysis seriously, I really do, but your math is little more than guesswork, your sample size can hardly qualify as one, and you leave out a number of important factors. I've done thousands of treasure maps, many hundreds of which were 5's. I insist that you're mistaken in your conclusion, but I don't care enough to try to convince you (or anybody else) at this point that you're wrong, so I'll settle for the ole "agree to disagree" outcome.

To pull a Malakait card, I might say that one merely needs to look at who the most economically successful (read: non IDOC/inheritance-funded) players are to get an idea of who understands the economics of UOSA best.
^

ReptilianLover

Post by ReptilianLover »

So... While I admit that I may not be as rich and/or experienced as you, I would not exactly say my analysis is based upon guesswork.

I have detailed spreadsheet analysis for 700 mibs broken down by the stats you saw. I stopped doing it because it got to the point where the numbers weren't all that different.

I have gm'd 2 lockpickers.

I do have my own branded tmap rune set, which I believe to be 100% accurate on the mark (1 space away from chest). Just to do that it took over 700 lvl 1 tmaps (before I actually stopped doing them and just opened them at the end to find the last couple marks to validate). Hell, I just did 20 lvl 5's this weekend.

So, the reality is that I too have done thousands and thousands of mibs, dungeon chests, and tmaps. I have almost no opportunity cost in doing this. I would acquiesce to your view were it not for the autmated id macro that I wrote. My gm merchant is on the same account as my crafstsmen (which I don't use all the time) and my fisherman (which I can't use unattended anyway).

I think I still have the detailed analysis of the road to tmap library perfection somewhere as well (I want to say it yjelded roughly the same % results as the mib analysis).

The crap value shoots up if you add in the scrolls/gems. I may be willing to give in to you on the potions...which suck, but being the official "uosa eco-friendly treasure chest conservationist" that I am, I am dumb enough to actually waste my time selling those.

I would also add that if you really did the multivariate regression analysis of what makes you rich in uo, I think you'll find that the highest predictor would be amount of time spent playing, rather than one's perceived understanding of the servers underlying economic principles.

So here's to celebrating our differences!

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

if i had all of your guys gold, i could smelt mine.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

I believe you used a lot of guesswork because of the sheer amount of times you typed "I would guess" or "I think", etc, throughout the post in question.
ReptilianLover wrote:I would also add that if you really did the multivariate regression analysis of what makes you rich in uo, I think you'll find that the highest predictor would be amount of time spent playing, rather than one's perceived understanding of the servers underlying economic principles.
Totally true. In this thread, I speak within a very specific set of parameters. The bigger picture is that free time > all in terms of ability to churn gold out, for most people. The last statement in that post of mine doesn't take that into account and was wrong.

Regardless, I personally believe you are missing the bigger picture regarding my rhetoric, but since we're both so fabulous at typing long-winded posts, I'll wrap this up with this sentence to spare UOSA forum lurkers precious seconds of their lives.

That being said, I would be open to privately collaborating on this and combining data at some point in the future and perhaps you could convince me otherwise.
^

Narcissic

Post by Narcissic »

Treysta wrote: spare UOSA forum lurkers precious seconds of their lives.
Quit talking about me!
Derrick wrote: It is not our policy to comment on account actions which are taken against players.

An exception should be made in order to counter dishonesty.
Cavewights accounts were banned for accepting in-game goods for the promise of money.

Ohm
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ohm »

Treysta wrote:Regardless, I personally believe you are missing the bigger picture regarding my rhetoric, but since we're both so fabulous at typing long-winded posts, I'll wrap this up with this sentence to spare UOSA forum lurkers precious seconds of their lives.

Netflix and chill?
Fixed
[22:31:51] <wintergate> Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

lol @ this thread

I think the fruits of middle manning regs has gone to ol' T's head.

Yes, I've sold a lot of regs in the past.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Hydroxide wrote:I think the fruits of middle manning regs has gone to ol' T's head.
We get it, you're friends with MortiKi. You needn't be so overt!

Selling regs over the past year has contributed to only a very small portion of my net (<5%). I do it mostly as a way to connect with the community.

If anything, the only thing that's gone to my head is the somber realization that if logging in to UOSA required answering a basic math problem CAPTCHA, half the shard's houses would drop in 2 weeks.
^

DKS

Post by DKS »

Treysta wrote:
Hydroxide wrote:I think the fruits of middle manning regs has gone to ol' T's head.
We get it, you're friends with MortiKi. You needn't be so overt!

Selling regs over the past year has contributed to only a very small portion of my net (<5%). I do it mostly as a way to connect with the community.

If anything, the only thing that's gone to my head is the somber realization that if logging in to UOSA required answering a basic math problem CAPTCHA, half the shard's houses would drop in 2 weeks.

How do you automate logging in and refreshing?

xynosis

Post by xynosis »

The man just wants old crap that many of us throw away, might as well just hook him up!

He didn't really ask for a lecture on how to play the game. Maybe he enjoys smelting / cutting up stuff.

There must be a way to play super efficiently to make the maximum amount of money in the smallest amount of time... but who cares?

Did you all know you can make more gold per hour if you stop using the forums so much to tell others/argue how to make more gold per hour? ***PROTIP*** You can also maximize profits if you acquire a bedpan and use an IV to get nutrients directly into the bloodstream! (skip that pesky 'middleman' called food/eating)

I sort out my smeltables and keep them while throwing away my leather armor. I will save the leather for you if you want... probably will not be very much, but it would be something. I have a macro for smelting stuff and then keep/sell my ingots.
so... how do I edit my signature again???
-Xynosis

TjPlusMinus

Post by TjPlusMinus »

people farm still? pretty sure i have not done that in like 6 in a half years =/

Brokkr

Post by Brokkr »

what does being friends with me have to do with anything?
lol @ this thread
Brokkr - The Dwarven Metal Worker

FORMERLY: MortiKi

Image Image

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

I call my friends out all the time, obviously!

He's not one of the people which have made you bitter.. He actually plays, and simply wants free shit

speaking of playing. I've been running a lot of maps, and have been dumping a ton of loot on to roof of yew bank.. perhaps that's what prompted this whole thread

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

xynosis wrote:There must be a way to play super efficiently to make the maximum amount of money in the smallest amount of time... but who cares?
I care. The people replying to me seem to care as well.

Thanks for sharing another long-winded and overly personal "shit on treysta" post with us, though. You're getting good at these, I must admit.
^

Hydroxide
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hydroxide »

I care.

Selling regs is the best, IMO... Yet, trey never took my advice (sell at 5.5/6.5).

Maybe that's why I was so "wrong" about how much money he has made off of it. <5% is hard for me to believe. You must be a very, very rich player, Trey.