Buying/Selling Magic Armor/Weapons/Items

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Boomland Jenkins
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Re: Selling Incredible Spear Lot

Post by Boomland Jenkins »

Treysta wrote:
You see, on UOSA, when someone makes a new character, it cannot be deleted for seven days. Therefore, your claim that somebody created a fake "Ragancy" character is easily verifiable via a simple search:

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Search?query=ragancy
I'm not taking sides in this thread. However, the link above is not a valid way to verify characters and if they exist. Logging out while under the affects of disguise kits (and potentially incognito) results in the true character name not displaying in the search. I had a few "Boomland Jenkins" characters and if you search you'll only find 2 when there should be 3 or 4.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Search ... nd+jenkins

If you aren't actively bidding on a trade thread, don't post.
Eat. Sleep. Ultima.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

That's an unlikely level of care taken by a scammer. Sir Erik definitely lied here and I appreciate people posting on threads exposing folks who are dishonest trading. I now know not to bid on anything he sells.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Nice chatlog Orevamp. Must suck having friends that blatantly lie to you. Rose already admitted that SirEricKain sold him the spears--no newbie Ragancy, no tricks, just a guy who wanted more than what he priced the spears at. Clearly you missed this line in my post:
Treysta wrote:Edit: After posting this, the person who Kain decided to sell to instead of Ragancy has confided in me that SirEricKain is in fact lying.
^

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Between elk and treysta, you're not getting away with any shinanigans

Uosa 4 lyfe
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

This is the last you will hear from me on the subject, if your source of information was Rose you just had someone admit to scamming because it's obvious Ragancy won the auction right?

Rose did in fact pm me asking why I sold it for so low.

My side of it stands.

Why would me a "scammer" offer to give the gold I EARNED from the transaction to Ragancy if I was in fact a scammer? Does that fit scammer M/O? I think not.

I hope it's true about Rose, if so we then know who the true "Ragancy" is in this story.

Ore is a dear friend, he's also the type to be the first person who slaps a friend across the face if they did something stupid. "Like asking the shard to come together to help me recruit a Shit ton of people from other shards by asking for pixel donations." Heaven forbid right?

Anyway if any of you took the time to get to know me you'd see how retarded these accusations are. Treysta I've hear good things about you, you are passionate about this, dig deeper.

That is all.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

So Rose created a Ragency character, bought the lot from you, incognitoed the character, then logged it out to get an OK deal on spears and set you up?
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Boy o' boy....

[12:26] <SirEricKain> ragancy irc's me

[12:27] <SirEricKain> irc ragancy/in-game char ragancy

-This is the last you will hear from me on the subject, if your source of information was Rose you just had someone admit to scamming because it's obvious Ragancy won the auction right?

Rose did in fact pm me asking why I sold it for so low.

... glad thats all we are gonna hear about it, think you reached China by now.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Nice fake irc snipit.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Vega/Delo

Post by Vega/Delo »

Fake snip it? Thats your friend Orevamps words not mine.... guess we passed China now....

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

Misread, long day at work and on iPhone.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

.... all over ....spears?

I'd like to think the best of people.... very strange accusations though

obviously, i wouldn't give millions away in a strange thread posted some time ago but its not necessary to hound someone imo.

let bygones be bygones.

who knows :roll:

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Boomland Jenkins wrote:I'm not taking sides in this thread. However, the link above is not a valid way to verify characters and if they exist. Logging out while under the affects of disguise kits (and potentially incognito) results in the true character name not displaying in the search. I had a few "Boomland Jenkins" characters and if you search you'll only find 2 when there should be 3 or 4.

Logging out incognito only lasts for two minutes, even if the player logs out inside a house/inn, after two minutes realtime they will regain their original name.

Meaning the only other possibility (assuming the original story is true) was that someone created a Ragancy character, gained 60 stealing, completed the trade, used a disguise kit, then waited 7 days to delete the character. While this is possible, the effort required far exceeds the value of these spears.

I appreciate the impartial approach Boomland, however this situation is not a misunderstanding or an innocent player being framed. This is a player that advertised on the trade forum with clear rules and intentionally lied in an attempt to gain more money. This would not have been an issue had he simply pulled the thread or admitted his stupidity.

I'm all for scamming, it's a great way to get rich - however this should never be tolerated on the forums.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

I'm very capable of becoming rich using non nefarious means. No I don't mean asking people for loot either.

Sorry for getting duped I guess.

Had I taken more precaution and waited for an official PM this event wouldn't have taken place.
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Soma wrote:
Boomland Jenkins wrote:I'm not taking sides in this thread. However, the link above is not a valid way to verify characters and if they exist. Logging out while under the affects of disguise kits (and potentially incognito) results in the true character name not displaying in the search. I had a few "Boomland Jenkins" characters and if you search you'll only find 2 when there should be 3 or 4.

Logging out incognito only lasts for two minutes, even if the player logs out inside a house/inn, after two minutes realtime they will regain their original name.

Meaning the only other possibility (assuming the original story is true) was that someone created a Ragancy character, gained 60 stealing, completed the trade, used a disguise kit, then waited 7 days to delete the character. While this is possible, the effort required far exceeds the value of these spears.

I appreciate the impartial approach Boomland, however this situation is not a misunderstanding or an innocent player being framed. This is a player that advertised on the trade forum with clear rules and intentionally lied in an attempt to gain more money. This would not have been an issue had he simply pulled the thread or admitted his stupidity.

I'm all for scamming, it's a great way to get rich - however this should never be tolerated on the forums.
Don't forget that a newly created character has to have a full week of play time before it can join the thieves guild...