Has anyone ever just played, no macroing

Topics related to Second Age
Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Has anyone ever just played, no macroing

Post by Boondock_Saint »

My first character, I did the melee skills unmacroed, since I had no other way of making gold, other than playing.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I gm'd taming on my first character, no macroing.

You can probably find a few frustration posts at the lack of people on the server, because everyone is afk macroing.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Yeah, that's true. Taming is virtually not a skill that can be macroed at all.

Its mostly a lot of running around taming.... Toughest skill to gm on UO.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

I would argue that taming is NOT the hardest skill to GM in UO.

Lockpicking from 0-95 is pretty easy, but the slog from 95 to GM presents a myriad of issues.

There are only about 20 chests in the world you can gain from to GM. Those chests only spawn every 40-45 minutes or so. You have to compete pretty fiercely for those chests with other people trying to GM, and people who have already GM’d. There are times when I made a lockpickign run and only 2 chests hadn’t been tapped already. Those chests are usually in pretty dangerous locales where you have to fend off Ancient Wyms, Lichlords, Daemons, etc. Incidentally those places are also frequented by PK’s.

Animal taming is hard to GM. No argument there. You need to go to dangerous places that are frequented by PK’s much like lockpickers do as well. What you don’t face is fierce competition for a finite resource like the lockpicker does.

95-GM takes months for most folks. It’s horrible trying to grind it. I’d imagine it has a much higher “dropout” rate than taming does because of it. I have no proof of that, but it’s a pretty sound guess.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

lp is harder than taming to gm, no question, but it's close
^

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Taboo wrote:Yeah, that's true. Taming is virtually not a skill that can be macroed at all.

Wait, what?
Taming is very easy to macro to GM here. Compassion -> T2A Bog -> Hell hounds. You can easily macro in each spot. Yea, you might get PKed, but it's so easy to res and repeat.

As others have mentioned, LPing is probably the hardest because it can't be macroed.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Ragancy wrote:
Taboo wrote:Yeah, that's true. Taming is virtually not a skill that can be macroed at all.

Wait, what?
Taming is very easy to macro to GM here. Compassion -> T2A Bog -> Hell hounds.

bullshit. :roll:

Anyway as far as lp goes, you don't need to gm it so I never took it too seriously but that's not to say it's not extremely difficult.
Last edited by Taboo on Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

I AFK macroed my tamer to 98.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

Elk Eater wrote:I AFK macroed my tamer to 98.

I just believe you both are full of it. There has always been ways to afk macro it to a small extent but you are both exaggerating.

I also never actually believe anything elk eater ever says.. So yeah.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Taboo wrote:

I just believe you both are full of it. There has always been ways to afk macro it to a small extent but you are both exaggerating.

afk macro'd mine to 100.00
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Capitalist wrote:
Taboo wrote:

afk macro'd mine to 100.00
I actually AFK macro'd my tamer in level 2 of Destard for 8 hours once without being PK'd or killed by the dragon. That was in the higher pop days too. Couldn't believe I came back to find my char still alive and taming.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Taboo wrote:

Taboo, it's not difficult to GM taming with AFK macros. I'm not sure what you mean by "small extent". There's threads discussing the technique (I think Rose made one at some point?). All you do is run a simple taming macro and once spawn is tame/blue they die to other spawn, then rinse and repeat. There's several locations without range spawn attacks, so you can be relatively safe given the dumbass AI pathfinding. Hell hounds is the worst because it's frequented by PKs and LPers, but i ressed my tamer maximum of 20 times while macroing from 85+, and that was when we had 700+ server pop. Really not that bad. There's other places to do it that are more secluded but require a bit more work to set up.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

In my experience and opinion having GMd taming three times, 85.5 to 100.0 taming is a total joke. 99.5% of it is afk, about 10 minutes to set up once, and if you're smart and figure out a simple trick, you don't even need to set it up again after server restart. If you get PKd, no biggie, about 10 minutes to set it up again, and you might lose 1000 bandages.

However, 58-85.5 was a bit more challenging. I found compassion too much time spent using two clients luring all the spawn around, so I did great harts and white wolves instead (alt+click to follow, loop tame->last target, tab out to read a webpage or play your other two clients, just set an alert in razor for sysmessage "already tame" or if hits < maxhits, just in case some spawn attacks you).

Hopper's bog, same thing, too much work/time (just my opinion, each person will feel different) to lure the spawn over to your tamer, so I parked my toon in Delucia and did bulls the same way. For both bulls and giant toads I exploited the stat bonus to minimize each part (if you start giant toads at 77.1 with 100 STR and finish giant toads with 10 STR, you can stop at about 82 and jump from there up to 85.5 just by raising STR back up to 100 (100% afk, overnight -> easy), simultaneously requiring finding fewer bulls and toads since you fail more and stay on the same toad longer between 77.1 and 82 than between 82 and 85.5).

However, I still think taming is harder than lockpicking (which I've done twice) :D Sorry, but to me lockpicking is the most mindless, relaxed, lowest attention needed activity in UO: recall->hide->setlasttarget->target chest->loop lockpick->stealth/step and hide again->pop chest->restock agent->recall->organizer agent->repeat.

PvP is by far the hardest skill to GM.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Taboo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Taboo »

maybe I should create another tamer then?

:wink:

Elk Eater
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Elk Eater »

Every time you doubt me you look dumber.
Lord Cavewight of GL wrote:I should have never defended you, turns out your exactly how the guild described you.. SCUM.