5000 wooden boxes

Buying/Selling Everything Else

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Re: 5000 wooden boxes

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:Still waiting for your home location
I own a large brick in compassion. Its very close to Fearitself's guild tower. It's currently a public building and named the blacksmith. Please feel free to bomb it. Somehow, i feel like you'll be just as bad at follow through when it comes to in-game harassment as you are with paying for stuff.

I only need information for your main home. Thanks

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Drunk'n Disorder wrote:
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:Still waiting for your home location
I own a large brick in compassion. Its very close to Fearitself's guild tower. It's currently a public building and named the blacksmith. Please feel free to bomb it. Somehow, i feel like you'll be just as bad at follow through when it comes to in-game harassment as you are with paying for stuff.

I only need information for your main home. Thanks
So you don't follow through on bids you make AND your threats are bullshit too! Just another irritating mouthpiece. Drunk pinpointed how lame you are in total!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Still waiting for your info redneck

tiredat52

Post by tiredat52 »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:Still waiting for your info redneck
Are you still waiting patiently little guy? That's a good boy!
"Terrifying vegetarians everywhere"

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Hi there everyone. Here's my friendly reminder regarding carpet bombs. Do not go through with the threat of "thousands of boxes", as that item count is very excessive.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Apoc

Post by Apoc »

Kaivan wrote:Hi there everyone. Here's my friendly reminder regarding carpet bombs. Do not go through with the threat of "thousands of boxes", as that item count is very excessive.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Kaivan wrote:Hi there everyone. Here's my friendly reminder regarding carpet bombs. Do not go through with the threat of "thousands of boxes", as that item count is very excessive.
Good to know, any ruling on how this thread has turned out?
I know GMs can't force someone to pay, however is there any forum rule against using the bidding system and then backing out?
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Kaivan once gave me a specific ruling on how many items k can personally drop per week. I've not broken it and successfully pissed off countless people.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Capitalist wrote:Kaivan once gave me a specific ruling on how many items k can personally drop per week. I've not broken it and successfully pissed off countless people.
I've not given a specific per week number to anyone, nor have I given any specifics beyond a very general cap on the maximum number of items we will allow for a given carpet bombs.
Soulbreak wrote:
I know GMs can't force someone to pay, however is there any forum rule against using the bidding system and then backing out?
We don't have any specific rule regarding backing out of auctions, nor do we have any rule beyond a self evident rule that we cannot support scamming via the forums, nor can we support a claim from a seller to reserve the right to do anything with regards to their sales or auctions.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Kaivan wrote:...beyond a very general cap on the maximum number of items we will allow for a given carpet bombs.

What is the general cap?

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Kaivan wrote:
Capitalist wrote:Kaivan once gave me a specific ruling on how many items k can personally drop per week. I've not broken it and successfully pissed off countless people.
I've not given a specific per week number to anyone, nor have I given any specifics beyond a very general cap on the maximum number of items we will allow for a given carpet bombs.
Soulbreak wrote:
We don't have any specific rule regarding backing out of auctions, nor do we have any rule beyond a self evident rule that we cannot support scamming via the forums, nor can we support a claim from a seller to reserve the right to do anything with regards to their sales or auctions.
On my phone, so regarding the response to me: a couple parties and I hit Vintirex with 21k items. You cleaned it up and told me next time I'll be banned. So I said I'm going to continue to hit TG with IDOC loot and you said keep it small. I said is 5k items small, you said no. You said somewhere around 1k and I countered with 1100, to which you said fine.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

I did say that on a per bomb basis, 1100 is fine (albeit infrequently), but that doesn't translate into a weekly limit.
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:
Kaivan wrote:...beyond a very general cap on the maximum number of items we will allow for a given carpet bombs.

What is the general cap?
In general, no more than around 1200 items should be present at any given carpet bomb, but sizable bombs of that nature should not be used more than on a few occasions. If a smaller bomb, say 200 items, is used, then it is perhaps reasonable to use it somewhat more often. The point is that the tactic can be used within limitations, and at some point those limitations are passed based on the circumstances. There's no equation, or specific hard limit to determine when enough is enough, but we will tell someone to stop if necessary.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Pandora's box has been opened.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

So im not sure if you are aware of this Dunder, but those 5k boxes can be destroyed with a simple cast of en ev. Any monster with high enough strength will break through them in one step.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Rose wrote:So im not sure if you are aware of this Dunder, but those 5k boxes can be destroyed with a simple cast of en ev. Any monster with high enough strength will break through them in one step.

And thus the carpet bomb begins!