Whats the best build for a dexxer pvp?

Topics related to Second Age
Eyee

Whats the best build for a dexxer pvp?

Post by Eyee »

Kinda new creating a dexxer i want to know whats the best template ? Please and thanks :D
Last edited by Eyee on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Re: Whats the best build for a dexxer pk?

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

Eyee wrote:Kinda new creating a dexxer i want to know whats the best template ? Please and thanks :D
If you're this new to the game you probably shouldn't be creating a PK. Make friends and start pvp'ing if you want to kill players.

How did you feel when people were PK'ing you when you started?

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Whats the best build for a dexxer pvp?

Post by Zeppelin »

That could depend solely on your in-game economics, i.e. the weapons/magics that you have available/you can currently afford.

Eyee

Post by Eyee »

Zeppelin wrote:That could depend solely on your in-game economics, i.e. the weapons/magics that you have available/you can currently afford.
Currently im at 100 str, 100 dex, 25 intelligence ...i have gm sword, tactics, healing, anatomy...what else do i need to make a good pvp dexxer?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

It looks like you joined just today. The standard PVP build is the Hally Mage, but that isn’t a dexxer build. Pretty much any PVP build has GM magery, and GM resist (yes even most dexxer builds). Those two skills cost A LOT of gold to GM and be effective. Here’s my quick down and dirty guide for starting a warrior:
1. Make a 50/49/1 magery/healing/swordsmanship character. You can swap mace or fencing for swords if you prefer. Magery and healing are the most costly to raise so you want to start them high. Make sure to spread your starting stats between str, dex, and int. Healing and magery are very costly to raise while the others are very cheap.
2. Run to stables and buy a crook to train herding. Set up a razor macro to double click the crook in your hand, and click an animal at the stables, then click the ground beside you. now stop recording the macro. On the last line add a “special construct” for a time delay of 1100 (1.1 seconds). You’ll do this until you reach 95+ strength or GM herding.
3. Make a second character on second account to make money, basically some type of crafter. I did a 50/50 blacksmith/tinker, and went about mining ingots. Buy some shovels and hit the mountains to the west. Create a mining macro (search the boards) and start gathering ore. Once have ore smelt it into iron ingots. Once you have iron you can make your own shovels with your tinker skill, and every ingot you produce is basically 5-6 GP.
4. After about 36 hours your fighter should have str/dex/int somewhere around 100/85/40 after macroing herding, musicianship, and anatomy. Feel free to sub snooping for muscisianship, but it has a karma loss associated with it and you need a secon character, but it is faster.
5. Now sell most of your ingots to get some seed money to buy regs, scrolls, and bandages.
6. Use the rest of your ingots to make a couple sets of AR 26-27 armor, and a couple decent weapons.
7. Now it’s time to start beating up on some monsters and working on your fighting skill. Go out and start killing stuff and having some fun! You can actually start this as soon as you have your first load of ingots, but you want your stats as close to the 225 cap as possible for survivability. You’ll die a lot if you don’t wait.
8. Mark a rune to town or ask some nice stranger to mark one for you. Make sure to get the recall spell added to your spell book (or buy a stack of recall scrolls). That way you can warp back to town instantly when you are done fighting.
9. Once you have swordsmanship (or fencing or macing)/tactics/healing/anatomy in the high 90’s you can start thinking about building your PVP character.
10. Buy a small house with all the money you have from mining ingots and killing stuff
11. By now you’ve probably procured a full spell book and lots of regeants and have a good stash of cash (maybe not after buying the house). Starting putting them to use by casting firefield and walking through it to build up your magic resistance. This will get you to 55 resist.
12. Any dexxer build is almost certainly going to have those 6 skills maxxed at 100 or darn close to it (weapon skill/tactics/healing/anatomy/magery/magic resist).
13. Now buy up the regs for the appropriate magery skill level (lightning,ebolt,then flamestrike) to get magery gains and resist gains at the same time and cast them on yourself in the house in the exact middle tile of the house. Make sure you are applying bandages so you don’t die.
There’s lot of other tricks like once healing and anatomy are above 60 you’ll want to cure poison instead of heal. At 80/80 you’ll want to try and rez instead of cure, etc. That should be enough to get you started. Good luck!

last note. Most PVP dexxers if they are bladed go with go with poisoning as the last skill (but you need a second character to make poisons and is very expensive to train). Some hybrids like Eval as the 7th skill and add more intelligence so they can cast strong offensive spells. Parry is really helpful for PVM. It can stop some big Hally hits, but I don't find it as useful as the other two.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Djimon - Smith/Tinker/Carpenter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

Eyee wrote:
Zeppelin wrote:That could depend solely on your in-game economics, i.e. the weapons/magics that you have available/you can currently afford.
Currently im at 100 str, 100 dex, 25 intelligence ...i have gm sword, tactics, healing, anatomy...what else do i need to make a good pvp dexxer?
+ Mage, meditation, resist?

Id personally sacrifice some DEX for some INT though. Not sure about the ratios for that, maybe a dexxer can speak up regarding that.
Magery is too good to pass up.

Dunder Mifflin Inc

Post by Dunder Mifflin Inc »

You want resist and magery. The third skill is pretty optional, some like poisoning, some like meditation, some like eval. It all depends on how you are going to use your char.

Is it for 1 vs 1 dueling or fielding or group fighting or to find and kill reds...

Depending on the answers above you can tailor the char to your style.

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Sorry I didn't see you second post detailing how far along you are. feel free to go to step 11 :D
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Eyee

Post by Eyee »

Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:You want resist and magery. The third skill is pretty optional, some like poisoning, some like meditation, some like eval. It all depends on how you are going to use your char.

Is it for 1 vs 1 dueling or fielding or group fighting or to find and kill reds...

probably 1 on 1 dueling ...im thinkng of hiding? is that useful?

morgan1109
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by morgan1109 »

Hiding is useful for a lot of reasons, and some of those reasons do apply to PVP.

Most PVPers rely on invis items (expensive) so they can use those 100 points for something else, and get best of both worlds. It's a very useful skill and good for a low cost PVPer since it is free to GM and free to maintain, but having the invisibility spell from magery and invisibility items really lessens its value for a top end PVP build.
Thanks,

Eomin - Armsman
Varak - Treasure Hunter
Lorne - Scribe
Herm - Assassin

Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zeppelin »

Eyee wrote:
Dunder Mifflin Inc wrote:You want resist and magery. The third skill is pretty optional, some like poisoning, some like meditation, some like eval. It all depends on how you are going to use your char.

probably 1 on 1 dueling ...im thinkng of hiding? is that useful?
Nobody will want to step in a box with a 100 dex + potted dexxer. So I assume you mean a fielder 1v1? or tourney 1v1er?

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

If you want a good 1vs1 field Pvp build I suggest poisoning. You need to have some way of making substantial amounts of money to afford high end weapons, armor, pots, etc. Mostly effective against mages and you should run away if you are fighting a macer with this build. You could drop a little more dex and add more int as well. There are several different things you could do too...for example stealing instead of poisoning could be a viable pvp build if you play it right. Stealing is easier and less expensive to train. Just my two cents.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/42794

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Parry. Every 2.5 seconds, throw a shield on. 41 AR, parry, and a well toggled MR piece makes you invincible 1v1 against a mage. I'd suggest doing the math to find the max swing speed for your desired weapon and then rest on a blend of dex/int that will net you + or - 10 dex to max swing. Minblast is a serious threat to 100 dex fighters, and if your chugging blue and red pots you'll never need it. There are few weapons that swing faster with 100 Dex than they do with 80ish.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Wychethyl

Post by Wychethyl »

JBURNS wrote:If you want a good 1vs1 field Pvp build I suggest poisoning. You need to have some way of making substantial amounts of money to afford high end weapons, armor, pots, etc. Mostly effective against mages and you should run away if you are fighting a macer with this build. You could drop a little more dex and add more int as well. There are several different things you could do too...for example stealing instead of poisoning could be a viable pvp build if you play it right. Stealing is easier and less expensive to train. Just my two cents.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/42794
I apologize for the slight derailment, but I must ask:

I've watched a number of your videos and will gladly admit you are a very skilled dexxer. However, I've never understood why one would want poisoning on a dexxer. I'd rather carry a couple extra weapons, particularly if they are GM made than use 100 points on a skill that I'd more than likely use out of combat. I've seen you very rarely cast poison on your opponents, but you must be within 3 tiles if memory serves, and you've only got 30 mana.

How do you incorporate poisoning in your pvp activities? Do you carry a high end weapon and reapply poison to it every 100 swings or so? Sorry for the implied criticism but I am very curious

JBURNS
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by JBURNS »

I do carry high end weapons and re apply poison. A single dp application is good for 3-4 poisons on an opponent. Most people do not carry very many cures and if I am fighting a mage, it is hard for them to be offensive while they are being constantly poisoned and taking damage from a fast weapon. If i am fighting a dexxer, poison helps tremendously for obvious reasons...it prevents the dexxer vs dexxer fight from becoming a snore fest too (unless they are LOADED with cure pots.) If I hit an opponent a few times and no poison procs, thats when I re apply. I am maximizing dps, while at the same time helping myself save mana. Most of the time mages will dump in the beginning of the fight and get their mana low. The rest of their mana I intend to make them eat on mini heals and curing themselves. In order to survive the initial dump, or incase they fight more defensively, I heal myself 4 ways in this order preference: Bandages, Gheal pots, gheal wand, mini/gheal spell. There are a ton of variations and viable builds but it honestly comes down to personal preference. I had a great convo in irc awhile back about how archery could also be viable instead of poisoning. Also, as far as casting the poison spell, the only time I would really use it is if I was chasing a dexxer who's bandy timer is about to go off to prevent him from healing.
Last edited by JBURNS on Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.