Razor System Message questions

Topics related to Second Age
theg00

Razor System Message questions

Post by theg00 »

I am working on an attending fishing macro that will prevent me from being killed by sea monsters, water ele's and so on.

I am attempting to find out if there is a viable system message for when something attacks you that you can insert into the macro.

At the moment, I have set it up to move forward for 4 seconds after 2 spots have given the system message, "The fish don't seem to be biting here".

Each time I have let this run while working on another character, I find within a few minutes I have been killed by a sea monster or at the very least, my boat is stuck on one and I cannot get away.

I have leveled Peacemaking as a means for survival in these circumstances and would like to implement it into a macro that would use Peacemaking and then allow my macro to move away from the monster safely to continue fishing.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Rik Smits

Re: Razor System Message questions

Post by Rik Smits »

Advice: don't AFK fish, and gm hiding can help after peace making to hide and let the monster move on

vintirex

Post by vintirex »

If hp <100 peace,move boat

bronze

Post by bronze »

I suppose you could go at it with a backwards approach. I'm at work and have no way of testing this, but maybe something like:

- Set Target closest non-friendly grey
- If system message says "target set*"
- Use Skill peacemaking
- Target Closest non-friendly grey
- pause 750ms (just because)
- Use Skill hiding
- pause 20000ms (to give the creature time to wonder around a bit, play with this time a lot)
- say "forward" or whatever direction you go
- Use Skill hiding
- Pause xxxxms (however long you want to cruise in your boat until you fish again)
- Else If system message says "nothing in range to target**"
- Fish Fish Fish Fish Fish
- End If

* - whatever it says when you successfully set closest grey target
** - whatever the message says when you set target closest grey and nothing is around
--- actually dolphins could screw this up since they are friendly, hrmmm whatever
--- also there's the chance you may be able to set a target but not be in close enough range to peacemake, play with that too maybe insert a timer after the target set to give it a second to start coming towards you

Anyway there's my 2 cents randomly. There could be a super simple way of doing this but without playing around with it I can't do to much. I like to think I can do some wizard like stuff with Razor but system message stuff can get weird.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

i have it set so if you cant hide, then use peacemaking.