Dexxers!

Topics related to Second Age
Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Dexxers!

Post by Alex21 »

This guide is designed to supply a correct chain of thought on the issue of "DEXXERS", read closely.

Are You a Dexxer?

If any of the following point describe you, you are a dexxer:
* You have weapons skills and no magery in your template

Dexxer Pro's & Con's

Pro's:
* You can gank mages
* Mages cant use armor
* You require very little resources
* Skill in pvp is not required, any NOOB can swing a weapon chug some pots and run in the general direction of your enemy.

Con's
* I HATE your guts.

How To Treat The Dexxer
* Show very little patience and very volatile behavior.
* If there is a immediate reason, do not hesitate to kill, possible reasons are Possible Loot, Annoying behavior and of course Existence...

Has this affected your train of thought?, I shore hope it has, and Dexxers do not forget. It is your choice you can always delete your dexxer characters and create mage templates. I also run the "Time To Quit" organization.

Time To Quit Organization
The time to quit organization focuses on supplying advice and moral support for dexxers who want to change the errors in there ways and create mage templates.

All Mages Council members are trained in the profession of dexxer conversion, seek them out... seek help!
The First Player Of UO Second Age.

DemonArkanis

Re: Dexxers!

Post by DemonArkanis »

Although I could easily write up a post about how bad your grammar is, I agree about the dexxers.

weedsmoke
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by weedsmoke »

Mages can easily kill us. They've done it to me. Stack a team of mages vs a team of dexxers in Double Dom. See who whines first. I know this from first hand experience as well. The dexxers will. We whined and cried and didnt play for 5 minutes, then said "fuck it, lets go get resist." so we did, and turned the game around via our fustration.

Just because YOU dont know how to play the template you're promoting so much, doesnt mean you have to vote to nerf ours.

weedsmoke
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by weedsmoke »

and as an addition if you played T2A you'd know dexxers were untouchable unless ganked.

Arent you in Mages Council? You all wear the same fucking outfit anyways, so quit being pussys and group up when one of yours gets attacked.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

weedsmoke wrote:Mages can easily kill us. They've done it to me. Stack a team of mages vs a team of dexxers in Double Dom. See who whines first. I know this from first hand experience as well. The dexxers will. We whined and cried and didnt play for 5 minutes, then said "fuck it, lets go get resist." so we did, and turned the game around via our fustration.

Just because YOU dont know how to play the template you're promoting so much, doesnt mean you have to vote to nerf ours.
See this post is geting through, MAGES ARE BETTER THEN DEXXERS,
MAGES OWN DEXXERS, MAKE A MAGE, LOOSE A DEXXER.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

weedsmoke wrote:and as an addition if you played T2A you'd know dexxers were untouchable unless ganked.

Arent you in Mages Council? You all wear the same fucking outfit anyways, so quit being pussys and group up when one of yours gets attacked.
Yes the "Mages Council" or "Time To Quit Organization" is simply here to remind dexxers they are scum, and provide advice and moral support for converting dexxers.

dirk smallwood

Post by dirk smallwood »

i've said this a million times t2a is the era of tanks. A half way decent tank will kill either of you 100% of the time.

weedsmoke
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by weedsmoke »

I am an equal oppertunity player, unless you try to RP around me.

With that said, let me break it down for you Alex...

You have 3 types of dexxers, and for lamens terms, I'm just going to use "Easy, Medium, and Hard" for your comprehension.

Easy:

An easy dexxer would be one such as myself. I rarely every have potions or trapped pouches on me, and typically run around healing myself with bandages. With that said, all you'd have to do is para, explo/ebolt combo, poison, ebolt, game over.

Medium:

A medium dexxer would be one such as Godfather or AlphaMale. They have a chance of carrying trapped pouches or what not to get out of para, and they typically have potions on them. They will be a much harder fight, and I am not a mage, so this one I can not walk you through.

Hard:

Now you're looking at something along the lines of a player like Dupre or Furby. They have potions 9 times out of 10 on them, along with everything else you can think of to survive. They will use different ways to circumvent your attacks and most likely will even be casting spells on you while dexxing. Good luck on this one, and if these are the types of players youre encountering, then that is when the "mob up" mentality comes in...

Mob Up:

If you keep getting PK'd, and are in a guild which you obviously are, quit bitching on the forums and mob up on people.

This is all the help I can offer you. Until then, I'll be swinging vanq short spears all day long.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

weedsmoke wrote:I am an equal oppertunity player, unless you try to RP around me.

With that said, let me break it down for you Alex...

You have 3 types of dexxers, and for lamens terms, I'm just going to use "Easy, Medium, and Hard" for your comprehension.

Easy:

An easy dexxer would be one such as myself. I rarely every have potions or trapped pouches on me, and typically run around healing myself with bandages. With that said, all you'd have to do is para, explo/ebolt combo, poison, ebolt, game over.

Medium:

A medium dexxer would be one such as Godfather or AlphaMale. They have a chance of carrying trapped pouches or what not to get out of para, and they typically have potions on them. They will be a much harder fight, and I am not a mage, so this one I can not walk you through.

Hard:

Now you're looking at something along the lines of a player like Dupre or Furby. They have potions 9 times out of 10 on them, along with everything else you can think of to survive. They will use different ways to circumvent your attacks and most likely will even be casting spells on you while dexxing. Good luck on this one, and if these are the types of players youre encountering, then that is when the "mob up" mentality comes in...

Mob Up:

If you keep getting PK'd, and are in a guild which you obviously are, quit bitching on the forums and mob up on people.

This is all the help I can offer you. Until then, I'll be swinging vanq short spears all day long.

So thee is no hard dexxer because if they have magery and a weap skill they are a tank mage.

a loaded gun

Post by a loaded gun »

good dexers have always had GM magery and resist.

Unless you are talking about o/c townie wars on osi. At that time they didn't because there was no magic in towns.

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

my dexxer has gm resist and magery, 100 dex 100 str. He's a dexxer, not a tank mage.

Alex21
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alex21 »

Well i have archery and anatomy and im not a dexxer? where do we draw the line here? Is it fighting tactics?

DemonArkanis

Post by DemonArkanis »

umm maybe the dex?

a loaded gun

Post by a loaded gun »

Definitely the dex...Healing and anatomy are also obviously a must.

There are a bunch of effective dexer templates tho, depending on your playstyle, and also a med-warrior, who uses a little more intel - up in the 45-50 range.

It's good to have magery though so you can either A) precast a heal when you think you need to or b) precast harn to disrupt. It's always good to be able to recall as well :)

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

my dexxer has 100 str and 100 int with 25 dex, also no anatomy or healing either....

wieerrrrddddd :?