Disableing Desktop Compisition for windows 8.1???

Topics related to Second Age
sircharlestha3rd

Disableing Desktop Compisition for windows 8.1???

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Ok so my Girlfriend dropped my laptop last night and I had to buy a band new one today. All is good except windows 8 does not have the option t disable Desktop Comp. in the properties of razor. With windows 7 I had no problem finding the option. Can this be accomplished using windows 8.1? or am I doomed to not being able see my display counters forever?

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. can I just download win 7 for free somewhere and install that crap? If this is possible could you walk me through it please?

Drunk Ninja
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Disableing Desktop Compisition for windows 8.1???

Post by Drunk Ninja »

I recently bought a new desktop with windows 8.1 and I couldn't see my display counters. I went to Razor properties then run compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 2) and that fixed it for me. Hope this helps.......

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Drunk Ninja wrote:I recently bought a new desktop with windows 8.1 and I couldn't see my display counters. I went to Razor properties then run compatibility mode for Windows XP (service pack 2) and that fixed it for me. Hope this helps.......
I did the same.

I don't think it matters, but I also always run razor as administrator. That always seems to fix a few issues for me.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

sircharlestha3rd

Post by sircharlestha3rd »

Ok, tried running with XP instead of windows 8 or vista and it worked thank god. Thanks guys for the replies and for anyone out there with windows 8 or 8.1, please keep in mind that both razor and uo must be ran with XP compatability in order to see your display counters at the top of your game screen.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

I would've choked her.
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg