chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: The Big Score (contest!)

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Xavier

Re: chumbucket's Tales of Adventure: The Big Score (contest!)

Post by Xavier »

Place a Tavern somewhere Near Vesper that would be a neutral grounds and encourage random interactions between players outside of the GZ.

You could then use some/more of the remaining castle deed funds to host quests, run events/games, or even start up a gambling/dice game out of the Tavern and possibly use some of the proceeds to fund The House for betting/gambling.
Last edited by Xavier on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Man, BD is a guild from baja. They have always been pushovers, and they never learn! Why the hell would they continue to migrate if they know you are about? Do it at another time? Do it at SW as to verify the castle fits in the new spot?

DO IT AT TEST CENTER AND OBTAIN EXACT COORDINATES????

B_D really fucking needs to outsource security. They have alot of players, but none of them seem to try hard enough.

*I think you should return the deed to B_D at 40% face value.*
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

whoa its shan

Post by whoa its shan »

Sell it and buy thousands of pack llama's at the stable to place at the bank in commemoration of the most screwed anybody has ever been in UO gaming.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

CONTEST UPDATE:

The contest will officially end at 10pm EST tomorrow (Mon. April 13th). I have come up with my own idea, which I am likely to implement. I still, however, will give 20k to the best idea, even if I choose to go through with my own idea.

Ravik

Post by Ravik »

How about this:

Sell the castle deed. Use the proceeds to buy, like, 80 boats. Make a boat bridge across the bay in Britain or some similar or better exploited body of water, blocking entrance/exit. Name the bridge after yourself for posterity. Charge money to open your bridge or to cross it, or just keep it closed at all times to be a dick. Walk across it at will because, hey - you own a bridge.

Alternatively, use your 80 boats to make a giant, private, man made island in the middle of the ocean like they do in Dubai. Similarly name it after yourself for posterity.

Jynxy

Post by Jynxy »

My suggestion is to sell the deed and then place a house to serve as a rune library somewhere in the location of where the castle would have been placed. Inside you should have a book that tells how the rune library came to be. Any left over funds could be used to help new players. While I know there are a lot of rune libraries here this one would be one that would allow the world to know your triumph. Good Luck what ever you decide.

Arcott Ramathorn

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Here is a novel idea. Simply...return it. You do alot of things with Pomp and Circumstance, Fireworks and Flash. Simply contact the head of the guild and explain you would like to return his/her possession. They will most likely expect some shenanagins(evil shenanagins) but simply hand it back with a wink and a smile and a "till next time". We all know the top tier caper you pulled off, its a matter of public record. AdHoc town cryers were posted, practically advertising the occasion! Think of it as a catch and release program like in fishing! Sometimes you gotta let the trophy fish go back so others can enjoy catching them...and sometimes you eat that shit and have pictures taken and a mold made to put over your fireplace. Just comming up with suggestions.

whoa its shan

Post by whoa its shan »

Give it back to them and steal it again :lol:

Downs

Post by Downs »

Sell it, buy a buncha small houses and mix dud chumboxes in with ur real boxes, then do business as usual. The chance of a box being a house gives more ppl motivation to participate in ur chum-roddery
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Be thankful for the goods you looted from the castle, and the rush you got from stealing it, then return it to Ashen Shugar, who's really not that bad of a guy I dont think, and who probley cried himself to sleep that night.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

y2a

Post by y2a »

Make a public house right in the middle of the location they were moving to, with a small table in the middle of the house, and lay the locked down castle deed on it. Name it "chumbucket and calista's house."

nick13

Post by nick13 »

Buy a small keep and fifteen small house deeds with the money from the castle. Fill the keep with trapped chumboxes. Randomly place fifteen minor trapped boxes each containing one small house deed (all boxes must be trapped to some degree to avoid Detect Hidden cheaters). No telekinesis. Charge admission for people to go in and open one box.

Alternative: just open the doors at a set time and watch chaos erupt.

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Post by Batlin »

Haha, this is the reason deeds are not blessed.

My suggestion :
Sell the deed
With that money buy books from a NPC (as many as needed)
Write a "How not to have a castle deed stolen for dummies" guide
Spread your guide among B_D members
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Thraximus Zog

Post by Thraximus Zog »

Your names Chumbucket lol. I thought the story was great, if people are that stupid then I say exploit the crap out of them. What would darwin do?

cinder
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by cinder »

Arcott Ramathorn wrote:Here is a novel idea. Simply...return it. You do alot of things with Pomp and Circumstance, Fireworks and Flash. Simply contact the head of the guild and explain you would like to return his/her possession. They will most likely expect some shenanagins(evil shenanagins) but simply hand it back with a wink and a smile and a "till next time". We all know the top tier caper you pulled off, its a matter of public record. AdHoc town cryers were posted, practically advertising the occasion! Think of it as a catch and release program like in fishing! Sometimes you gotta let the trophy fish go back so others can enjoy catching them...and sometimes you eat that shit and have pictures taken and a mold made to put over your fireplace. Just comming up with suggestions.
bravo, bravo, bravo... nice suggestions.. did I know you in another life?? :)