Some clarification on rules please

Topics related to Second Age
UO19862005

Some clarification on rules please

Post by UO19862005 »

I would like clarification on the rules for door bombing please. I've already been told by the staff that the definition of illegal "excessive" door bombing is leaving enough items to cause server lag, which I completely understand.

Now I am being told by a different admin that I am bombing too often, and the size of bombs is irrelevant. These bombs I'm making are under 400 items and create no server lag, so what it amounts to is GRIEFING which is a part of UO. It's not an admins responsibility to clean up a door bomb unless it lags the server, that's an admins choice, so I am not wasting staff time either.

With it being legal for my enemies to continually grief me with their own tactics, it's only fair that I should be able to grief them with my own tactics until they stop harassing me. I don't care if they continue to door bomb me, I don't care if they continue to ambush me with their hidden groups on Ventrilo synching in the field, but I would appreciate the right to defend myself the only way I can. (I don't wish to PVP against gankers as a solo dexxer either)

I can promise you they have wasted a lot more of my time with their continual hidden ambush Ventrilo synch dry loot ganking than I have ever wasted of theirs with small door bombs. I would of never started playing again if there was a rule against small carpet bombs like I did to TG last year without an issue, please make a rule against door bombs or allow me to continue my hobby which only affects my enemies and not the staff or server. Thanks.
Last edited by UO19862005 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Malaikat

Re: Some clarification on rules please

Post by Malaikat »

I enjoy door bombs because it takes just as much time for someone to drag/drop shit into chests as it does for someone to drag/drop the same shit from steps to ground. Actually it takes more time for the average door bombing scrub because they have to scrounge around for garbage to pack up. Unless you're dredging full bags of lamp stands from IDOCs on the regular, you've got to be a moron to think you're coming out ahead.

Aside from the time drain, the entire exercise is absolutely inane. I've never really understood the kind of lunacy required for one to think they've struck a blow for valor and victory by dumping garbage on people's stairs. What's less honorable and distinguished than a fucking janitor? A reverse janitor.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Missy B

Post by Missy B »

i recommend not asking this question and finding a different way to make their uo game experience miserable. there are many other things you can do to get even with these players. i can not tell you what you can do as revenge but i recommend just laying off the bombing for a while and finding another angle.

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

Malaikat wrote:I enjoy door bombs because it takes just as much time for someone to drag/drop shit into chests as it does for someone to drag/drop the same shit from steps to ground. Actually it takes more time for the average door bombing scrub because they have to scrounge around for garbage to pack up. Unless you're dredging full bags of lamp stands from IDOCs on the regular, you've got to be a moron to think you're coming out ahead.

Aside from the time drain, the entire exercise is absolutely inane. I've never really understood the kind of lunacy required for one to think they've struck a blow for valor and victory by dumping garbage on people's stairs. What's less honorable and distinguished than a fucking janitor? A reverse janitor.
Maybe door bombing doesn't work for you because you have no clue what you're doing. I can promise you I know what I'm doing, otherwise they wouldn't be calling the admins. Please think before you post in the future.

P.S. The time I "waste" on door bombing is fun to me and not to them, so I am in fact coming out ahead. My hobby of door bombing is a much better allocation of time than your hobby of trolling the forums without actually playing the game. That's right, people tell me you don't even have a house, otherwise I would of bombed your ass months ago and you wouldn't be calling it a "minor annoyance" either.
Last edited by UO19862005 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bloom

Post by Bloom »

Calm down, Bill.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

WTS trash bombs 5k per chest.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Well, since I can pvp, I've never once even attempted a carpet bomb. So, I'm going to have to defer wholly to your obvious expertise. I didn't realize I was talking to a reverse janitor champion. A real professional! Maybe you could show me some tricks sometime. Or are you the snobby janitorial type who only bombs for deeds?

Your sources are clearly mistaken or, more likely, imaginary. No one who takes piling trash on peoples doorsteps this seriously has any friends. Regardless, I have a fine house full of all kinds of PvP goodies near the cotton fields outside Skara. Go ape shit. Really get in there and enjoy yourself. I expect to be impressed when next I log on.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

farnk

Post by farnk »

Capitalist wrote:WTS trash bombs 5k per chest.
ill take 14

yes 14

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

Malaikat wrote:Well, since I can pvp, I've never once even attempted a carpet bomb. So, I'm going to have to defer wholly to your obvious expertise. I didn't realize I was talking to a reverse janitor champion. A real professional! Maybe you could show me some tricks sometime. Or are you the snobby janitorial type who only bombs for deeds?

Your sources are clearly mistaken or, more likely, imaginary. No one who takes piling trash on peoples doorsteps this seriously has any friends. Regardless, I have a fine house full of all kinds of PvP goodies near the cotton fields outside Skara. Go ape shit. Really get in there and enjoy yourself. I expect to be impressed when next I log on.
There are a lot of tricks to door bombing and it isn't limited to piling up garbage either. I wouldn't share my expertise until I'm retired, because I wouldn't want my own tactics employed against me.

Vega, I'll take 200 bombs at 5k per if they are made to my specifications after this issue is cleared up.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Mine's the patio between Hendrix's castle and keep, near the bridged towers. The sign says, "This house is in danger of being looted".

Oh, and did anyone ever mention that the same razor script you use to stuff boxes can be used to clear the steps? Or I'll just bug my man Anarcho. So really...make mine your Sistine Chapel.

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

Apparently you have no ability to read or comprehend, because I've already been told to quit trash bombing by the staff. If they allow me to continue bombing, it will be against people who actually play the game.

Kali

Post by Kali »

I do not recommend Bills home delivery services to anyone!!

1. The order I placed was for mortars, empty bottles, and anything that could be smelted. I received several hundred games boards, candlebras and multiple other miscellaneous items.

2. Upon his first delivery I also received a ghost that has been staring at me from the bushes out front for 5+ days now. Still awaiting for someone to perform an exorcism.

3. Upon informing Bill after his 20th or 30th delivery that he mistakenly delivered the goods to the wrong person and attempting to show him the runes to his actual customer he refused to listen.

4. While attempting to repackage his misplaced goods in these gorgeous little red boxes he repeatedly committed suicide. (I made those boxes just for him, I am saddened that he felt the need to end his life at the very touch of them.)

All in all Bill can not be trusted with your home deliveries please find someone else.

~Kali

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

You have information on the whereabouts of Sanitorum? You never told me this and could of saved yourself a bunch of trouble if you did. Santorum did this to you, not me. If you want to share some information about his main house I'll apologize and pay you reparations.

Bloom

Post by Bloom »

"Santorum did this to you, not me." Creeeeeepyyyy

UO19862005

Post by UO19862005 »

He literally gated me to her house and told me it was his, I'm not trying to sound like a serial killer lol.