The no housing playstyle

Topics related to Second Age
Eastwood

The no housing playstyle

Post by Eastwood »

Has anyone experimented with or successfully done a playstyle without owning a house?

I imagine for some playstyles it would be nearly impossible, T-mapping, Fishing, would bust the bank very fast.

But otherwise, anyone have ideas? I'm thinking about having my dexer type have some spare regs in the bank, some ID wands, full kegs, empty bottles, bandages, and a few sets of good equipment, and gold.

Characters are already made. The main thing is, I don't play often enough, and sometimes I don't have the ability to log in every 2 weeks. I suppose a decent solution would be to get co-owned to some well established friends who are generally inactive but very diligent in refreshing their houses.

Just interested in any stories or experiences you all might have.

I am not at all interested in refreshing a dozen houses full of rares. I have no interest in rares I'm happy to say. Just useful equipment.
Catskills 97-99

Treysta

Re: The no housing playstyle

Post by Treysta »

Eastwood wrote:Has anyone experimented with or successfully done a playstyle without owning a house?

I imagine for some playstyles it would be nearly impossible, T-mapping, Fishing, would bust the bank very fast.

But otherwise, anyone have ideas? I'm thinking about having my dexer type have some spare regs in the bank, some ID wands, full kegs, empty bottles, bandages, and a few sets of good equipment, and gold.

Characters are already made. The main thing is, I don't play often enough, and sometimes I don't have the ability to log in every 2 weeks. I suppose a decent solution would be to get co-owned to some well established friends who are generally inactive but very diligent in refreshing their houses.

Just interested in any stories or experiences you all might have.

I am not at all interested in refreshing a dozen houses full of rares. I have no interest in rares I'm happy to say. Just useful equipment.
A boat offers a pretty easy way of going about this. Just use it to store your loot (make sure you know what youre doing though, boats are easy to steal) and sell it off once a week. Keep the good stuff in your bank!

Also, with 1,875 bank slots per player (15*125) you should be able to store most of what you need!

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Lumberjack
Archery
Fletching
Tayloring
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

Malaikat wrote:Lumberjack
Archery
Fletching
Tayloring
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Malaikat,

It doesn't have to be a total self sufficient build. It's cool to buy off the player economy. Hell I have a GM alchemist but I don't see myself going through the trouble of making the kegs, rather just buy them haha. Time is money after all.
Catskills 97-99

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

You asked, and that's one of my favorite builds if I want to play a nomadic ranger-style char.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Downs

Post by Downs »

I feel like Josh Lee will be popping in this thread shortly with a gypsie tamer bard beggar/herder/stealth without hiding play style to share

If your just looking for a storage house, I probably have a house I can come own you to.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Jakob

Post by Jakob »

I only have a small house for trap making but it's not uncommon that it falls eventually. I really can't be arsed with refreshing, escpecially if I'm not actively playing for a period of time. So, playing a thief could be one alternative for the non housing playstyle. The stories coming out of it is more interesting than the loot itself.
Lankgord: Hello. I'm New To The Server. Any Drama Going On Lately?

[20:38] <newYorK>i love how franz is in game robbing me while im reading his comic
[20:38] <newYorK> priceless

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Step 1. keep as much shit in your bank as possible.
Step 2. sell all the excess, including houses.
Step 3. mark a rune inside the inn and label it "home"

Also you can transfer your houses to me and I will add you as a co-owner.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

I did this once. It was boring without a hopeful wish or cA or a swallow trying to spoil my fun. Then I put a castle deed bounty on breaking into one of my houses and my ban list filled up. Happy hunting!
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Jakob wrote: So, playing a thief could be one alternative for the non housing playstyle. The stories coming out of it is more interesting than the loot itself.
I approve this message.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Freak Show

Post by Freak Show »

Capitalist wrote:I did this once. It was boring without a hopeful wish or cA or a swallow trying to spoil my fun. Then I put a castle deed bounty on breaking into one of my houses and my ban list filled up. Happy hunting!
This comment has no relevance to the current topic. Typical though.
<Vega> cruising for a bruising with my fast ass![/size]
[00:01] <Jumbi> any other idiotic questions
[00:01] <Jumbi> no i cant tell your sex i am not a fortune teller!
[00:01] <Jumbi> leave me alone
[00:02] <Vega> rofl

Mortigan

Post by Mortigan »

I currently own no house.

You only need a house for a few things, notably:

- macroing resist out of town a little safely
- storing lots of crap, especially pixels or massive amounts of magic items you will never use
- having a personal guildstone
- displaying rares and/or decorating

I need none of the above. I have five chars with GM resist and I don't get to play any of them enough to feel deprived of another build.. except maybe an anat mage, but I don't do enough field PVP right now.

I don't die enough to need billions of magic weapons and invul armor. I can't remember the last time I died when geared up.

With a crafter, I'm set on every-day armor. With a tamer, I'm set with every-day weapons and gold for resources. With my mage, warrior, etc, I'm set with guys I can have fun with. No house needed.

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

Mortigan wrote:I currently own no house.

You only need a house for a few things, notably:

- macroing resist out of town a little safely
- storing lots of crap, especially pixels or massive amounts of magic items you will never use
- having a personal guildstone
- displaying rares and/or decorating

I need none of the above. I have five chars with GM resist and I don't get to play any of them enough to feel deprived of another build.. except maybe an anat mage, but I don't do enough field PVP right now.

I don't die enough to need billions of magic weapons and invul armor. I can't remember the last time I died when geared up.

With a crafter, I'm set on every-day armor. With a tamer, I'm set with every-day weapons and gold for resources. With my mage, warrior, etc, I'm set with guys I can have fun with. No house needed.
Add to that, you still have 10 unused character slots of potential ;)
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Bloom

Post by Bloom »

I've been just using a small the last month since my houses fell. It's nice, I don't hoard magic weps/shit I think I might need but not so deep down know I'll never use.