patch notes

Topics related to Second Age
nevermind

patch notes

Post by nevermind »

just starting to wonder why things keep being patched and no notes are being written :? :?
irc axejunkie

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: patch notes

Post by Robbbb »

Like?

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

like the housing patch was put in again and taken back out and the clicking signs as a ghost was put in and is now out. I really dont care about these things at all but im a bit confused why there is a notes section if its not going to get used.
irc axejunkie

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

Add a check mark in the "Please post patch notes for every patch" column. Thanks.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Aeris
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Aeris »

This bothers me also.
Taboo wrote:News flash, you are weak as fuck and can do nothing to detour me.

You have a cat dancing around mixing a record on your signature. Shut the fuck up farnk.

/next

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The change to reactivate the buggy housing code wasn't intended to happen, and the change to house signs was a correction to a previous unmentioned change. Since the only intended change was the change to clicking house signs, we didn't have enough to put out as its own patch note. When a future patch is put out, the change to house signs should be noted there.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Anarcho
Second Age Staff
Second Age Staff

Post by Anarcho »

Kaivan wrote:The change to reactivate the buggy housing code wasn't intended to happen, and the change to house signs was a correction to a previous unmentioned change. Since the only intended change was the change to clicking house signs, we didn't have enough to put out as its own patch note. When a future patch is put out, the change to house signs should be noted there.
Great summary.

I won't post a patch note from such a minor ninja-fix (which was never documented in the first place). Derrick has traditionally summarised prior small changes leading up to a major patch in the same notes.

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Anarcho wrote:
Kaivan wrote:The change to reactivate the buggy housing code wasn't intended to happen, and the change to house signs was a correction to a previous unmentioned change. Since the only intended change was the change to clicking house signs, we didn't have enough to put out as its own patch note. When a future patch is put out, the change to house signs should be noted there.
Great summary.

I won't post a patch note from such a minor ninja-fix (which was never documented in the first place). Derrick has traditionally summarised prior small changes leading up to a major patch in the same notes.
Any word on the housing patch that was yanked? I forget what you told me last time regarding its return but it's been some time since I've inquired so I'm curious again.
^

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

None yet. We really haven't had the time to work on it. When we do work on it and get some version up and running that hopefully implements the patch correctly (3rd time's the charm), we'll make sure to put up a test server so that players can test out various housing locations so we can ensure that we didn't break anything.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Kaivan wrote:None yet. We really haven't had the time to work on it. When we do work on it and get some version up and running that hopefully implements the patch correctly (3rd time's the charm), we'll make sure to put up a test server so that players can test out various housing locations so we can ensure that we didn't break anything.
Now that's smart thinkin'.
^

Drunk'n Disorder
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Drunk'n Disorder »

which way will the potential housing changes go... More restrictive or less? Thanks.
PM on Discord - Nordic-IceMonkey

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Drunk'n Disorder wrote:which way will the potential housing changes go... More restrictive or less? Thanks.
We don't know the details yet since they might change things before it goes live again, but the patch that was temporarily deployed made house placement generally less restrictive.
^

bronze

Post by bronze »

I'm new to this shard (played OSI Izumo/Napa Valley and tons of free shards) and since I'm right at that the point where I've got enough moolah saved up to think about house stuff this is super duper interesting. I'm still going to try and squeeze in a place of mine but this has me anxious to say the least.\

FYI placing a house on this shard was a BREEZE and so awesome. Yet another reason this shard owns, no 110% capacity housing. I just squoze in a big house too :-D