Gork

N-C vs PEE The Epic Video

Post by Gork »

4v4 Best Of 3!!! Enjoy!

killaboy

Re: N-C vs PEE The Epic Video

Post by killaboy »

Lol

[11:31] <@Vintirex-droid> Cause he wants to flirt like a 7 year old I'm out silver

[18:55] <Soma_> I would definitely go transginger for millions of doll hairs

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I hate group fights. They're usually more humorous than beneficial from a talent evaluation or self actualization standpoint. Fun at times, but the majority of my UO enjoyment is knowing that I can dominate 1v1.

Regardless, always good to see some pvp
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Group fights are a blast! Great video Gork.
hoaxbusterscall.blogspot.com

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

I want in =]

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

Only thing I can fathom being more fun from a pvp standpoint is 5v5. Entertaining vid.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

What am I missing? Someone persuade me on this...because I think I'm the only PvPer in UO history who doesn't prefer or even enjoy group fights over solo.

It can be fun, sure, and there's a lot going on in the aggregate. However, individually it's crazy boring and way slower than solo pvp. During an entire round gork didn't do anything aside from walk around casting self-heals. He doesn't bother to cycle his hally, there are two or three spells to worry about casting or defending, and he has time throughout the entire video to manual target. You try to manual target in a duel or 1v1 field fight...I dare you.

Aggregated the pace is break-neck, and it makes for a kickass promotional video, but per individual you could group fight while eating a sandwich. Yawn.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

^ who are you again?
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Downs

Post by Downs »

He's an undefeated forum warrior
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Malaikat wrote:What am I missing? Someone persuade me on this...because I think I'm the only PvPer in UO history who doesn't prefer or even enjoy group fights over solo.

It can be fun, sure, and there's a lot going on in the aggregate. However, individually it's crazy boring and way slower than solo pvp. During an entire round gork didn't do anything aside from walk around casting self-heals. He doesn't bother to cycle his hally, there are two or three spells to worry about casting or defending, and he has time throughout the entire video to manual target. You try to manual target in a duel or 1v1 field fight...I dare you.

Aggregated the pace is break-neck, and it makes for a kickass promotional video, but per individual you could group fight while eating a sandwich. Yawn.
Ummmm you'd just have to be there, I guess? One v one is also my favorite, but group fights are tons n tons of fun... X-healing, trying to interrupt, trying to get hally hits, and trying to get a coordinated dump off is a different kind of challenge. As far as the manual targeting goes, I manually target a lot in a group fight also. If you heard the voice communication during the battle, it would make more sense I'm sure. I am very eager to do these kind of setup fights with any other group at the soonest possible time! Any takers for tonight?

Ill Gates

Post by Ill Gates »

You can fight us.

(SaberOwnsVega) i will have better future than u got atm im telling u id be richer for edecational and 10X SMARTER
(SaberOwnsVega) garentee'd

[01:45] == #secondage Cannot join channel (+b) - you are banned

Abyz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Abyz »

Hit us up tonight cap!

HardCore

Post by HardCore »

Yar! Not tonight but soon enough we'll do some more. Those are fun fights. I don't think it counts since me and Apoc weren't there but eh.

Oh, and take those houses so you can start your little town. Arr!
The Core [PEE]: http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/236
<Vega-> I'm about to go to the gym but that is worth missing a couple reps for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

skynyrd2

Post by skynyrd2 »

HardCore wrote:Yar! Not tonight but soon enough we'll do some more. Those are fun fights. I don't think it counts since me and Apoc weren't there but eh.

Oh, and take those houses so you can start your little town. Arr!
N-C has owned the tower/patio/castle/two smalls for almost a year. Pirates just attempted to infiltrate our town by setting up smalls around the arena for quick boat access. Damn scallywags

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Malaikat wrote:What am I missing? Someone persuade me on this...because I think I'm the only PvPer in UO history who doesn't prefer or even enjoy group fights over solo.

I agree with some of Malakait's point.

4v4s are for the hilarity. That's the point! This goes doubly when the space is confined to a duel arena. It's anyone's game assuming they are at least mediocre PVPers. However, there's definitely some skill and strategy involved. Generally speaking the best 4v4 teams have higher loss percentage than best 1v1 pvper, which can be attributed to the much higher luck factor in big fight in a small space.

3v3 are still borderline hilarity. There's just too much spike damage with hally whacks and EBs for these things to be taken very seriously. They are fun tho because they are usually quick.

2v2 is completely different and in my opinion the pinnacle of red pot dueling on UOSA. For me, 2v2 is the best for judgement of someone's overall PVP skill. Luck plays a factor but not as much as the bigger fights. You can generally live after getting 2 hally whacks. It takes the skill of a 1v1 but adds a whole new level of complexity.

1v1 is hardly, if ever, for the hilarity. It's to prove a point. Sometimes fun but the fights here can take soooo long if both guys are on the same level. 1v1 on this server is basically who has mastered the hally timer and has best mana management (and who has the best ping). I think 2v2s showcase more skill than just hally timer and manage management. For me, 1v1 is a bit hampered by the 1 sec item delay and spell delays.