T map loot vs MIB

Topics related to Second Age
WarmApplepie

T map loot vs MIB

Post by WarmApplepie »

Just curious to those who do both or have done both. I've done quite a few lvl 4 and 5s and seem to normally get one really nice weapon per. And usually some sort of reflect/invis/tele gear.

I'm looking for my best option for weapons. Thanks
WAP
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

vintirex

Re: T map loot vs MIB

Post by vintirex »

terathan keep is better than both

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Here is everything that I have come to understand.

MiBs are the best place to find reflect gear

Lvl 4 dungeon chests are best for tele and invis rings

Tmaps are best for weapons and the occasional useful jewelry

Also, in terms of efficiency (loot vs. time) lvl 1 tmaps are the best to farm en masse. Obviously a single lvl 4 or 5 will have better probability for a good drop than a single lvl 1, but if you do 2 hours worth of lvl 1 maps you will come away with better loot than if you spent the 2 hours doing 4's or 5's.

Lvl 1 tmaps are definitely the most efficient way to farm GT weaps.

Edit: archer bots on Vega's steps is the best way to farm GT weaps.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Malaikat wrote:Here is everything that I have come to understand.

Also, in terms of efficiency (loot vs. time) lvl 1 tmaps are the best to farm en masse. Obviously a single lvl 4 or 5 will have better probability for a good drop than a single lvl 1, but if you do 2 hours worth of lvl 1 maps you will come away with better loot than if you spent the 2 hours doing 4's or 5's.

Actually i think you are spot on. Altho havent done any MiB's but lvl4 chests i find far more rings. Tmaps i have gotten a LOT of DB/GT weapons. lvl1 maps i can do a ton in an hour with bard. So i have to agree with all that said
Kaivan wrote:Stop hijacking a simple general discussion topic for your e-peen stroking Vega.
Ragancy wrote:Three certainties in life: death, taxes, and Malice at Terra keep.
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

If you think lvl 4 tmaps are good for rings, try dungeon chests.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Soulbreak

Post by Soulbreak »

Malaikat wrote:If you think lvl 4 tmaps are good for rings, try dungeon chests.
this is true...i almost filled a chest gming lockpicking.
far more there than ever in tmap chests.
DRUSK42 wrote:
Downs wrote:So, who got the goods? All we walked away with was land.
Take a wild guess.
Millerisfuntoplay wrote: Don't worry I will bank everything instead and give house to Ian.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

The only thing I could add to that is having your own personal high level mob spawn that drops 300-600 gold per withlevel 4-5 maps gives mass lvl 1 Mapping a run for its money in terms of efficiency.
But speaking from purely gaining wealth from just the chest content, I would agree once you are familiar with completing lvl 1s within seconds.

Also, being able to do it with just enough magery to unlock the chest is a nice bonus.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Undisputed Uo PvP, forum PvP, and loot farming champion!

Treysta

Post by Treysta »

Malaikat wrote:Here is everything that I have come to understand.

I agree with most of this. The only things I might add are that I believe the window is longer for level 1 maps to equal or pass level 4/5 map earnings. In my experience, it's closer to 3-4 hours to beat the higher maps, assuming you can properly farm level 5 maps (they don't take nearly as long as most people assume with a proper setup; it's also worth noting that milking the chests is *less* gold per minute in the long run UNLESS you can juggle multiple accounts simultaneously).

Also, level 5 maps are the only treasure maps with teleport rings in their loot table. Over time, this heavily skews the math in favor of level 5 > level 1 if the market is stable for teleport items.

Granted, my sample sizes are not extremely huge in the grand scheme of things (probably 250 or so level 5's and 600-800 or so level 3/4's), so take this with a grain of salt.
^

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

I've always wondered where teleport, reflect and invisibility gear comes from on this server, so many thanks for the discussion. Not sure I can be bothered to grind a lockpicker or a treasure hunter, but all the same s'good information to keep in mind.

Additionally...

Soulbreak's avatar is fantastic.

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

It's hard to get my gt weapons via archer bots since my bots are used 95% of the time I'm playing
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Kasper_Valentine wrote:I've always wondered where teleport, reflect and invisibility gear comes from on this server, so many thanks for the discussion. Not sure I can be bothered to grind a lockpicker or a treasure hunter, but all the same s'good information to keep in mind.

Additionally...

Soulbreak's avatar is fantastic.
You can macro LP to 95 in a day and then be able to do dungeon chests and lvl5 tmaps (provided you have detect hidden).

It's a grind to GM, but GM lockpicking is only required to do lvl5 tmaps without detect hidden.

inkognito
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inkognito »

What I used to do with level 5's is pop the chest loot while handling mobs and then start the next map before milking the first one. In preferable conditions, you can recall back and forth between two chests looting and killing. I've juggled 4 map areas like this back when I was hard into mapping. Thing is, other mappers might come along, randoms, pks, etc. There are negative variables to making it work, but done right (again with favorable conditions) you could end up with exponentially more gold in the time it takes to do 40-50 lvl 1's.

For easy non strenuous grinding, level ones are it.
Li Meiyang wrote:Banned for"trashtalking for no reason"
Inkognito was flamebaiting me with all the "no" stuff.WTF is that?
Inkognito●GM Provocation

Kasper_Valentine

Post by Kasper_Valentine »

Cheers Ragancy, time isn't at a premium over here so that information is very much appreciated. I have characters I want to finish at the moment, but all the same it sounds like it might be worthwhile once those templates are completed (despite the fact I'm atrocious at PvP, especially item based).

WarmApplepie

Post by WarmApplepie »

Malaikat wrote:If you think lvl 4 tmaps are good for rings, try dungeon chests.
No no I ment lvl4 dungeon chests. U are 100% correct on those being far better for rings
Twitch.tv/warmapplepietg