Potions in EVENTS.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Tagarr

Potions in EVENTS.

Post by Tagarr »

Personally I think that having unlimited potions in an event is absolutely ludacris.

This completely removes the "skill" of managing your characters state, (stamina and cures), and to a lesser extent your health (Still need to pay attention to your timer.)

Currently we are able to spam cure potions and refresh potions without any limitation or drawback, every single time 1 stamina point is lost, or the millisecond you are poisoned. (By a spell or a poisoned weapon.)

I personally think that a limit of 25ish pots could be more than sufficient each time you die and get "Restocked" upon rezzing.

The potion combination would be a choice made by the player. (Probably beforehand - Probably easier to code, and less pain-in-the-butt if it asks you every time you rez.)

This will put a little more "character and resource management" back in to the events.

Poisoners would have to take less "beneficial" potions to stock up on some poisons for their weapons. And dexers would possibly take more stam pots than heals/cures to keep their swings fast.

I think this is how it should go; unlimited potions of every kind is retarded.

SUBMIT YOUR THOUGHTS, FOO
Last edited by Tagarr on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

<Binky> Tagarr do you guys live in derricks basement?
<Binky> Do you guys ping like 3?

Faust

Re: Potions in EVENTS.

Post by Faust »

Having a 25 charge limit per death on potions isn't a bad idea.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

*everyone enters the game with just a robe of the color team they are on and the weapons/armor they choose to wear. All other items besides spellbook will not be in your backpack.

*Reg stone at each teams base will supply 50 of each reg, 10 of each potion and 50 bandages.

*if anything is dropped on the floor during the match, it will instantly decay.

*can use reg stone as many times are you wish, but are limited to the usual weight limit and item limit.

Vlastslav
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vlastslav »

Much rather perfer supply stones.

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

I have no problems with regs being unlimited use;

But it seems like they already have the ability to make potions LIMITED and regs unlimited.

I don't see a use for a reagent restock stone.

Maybe a stone when you click it prompts you a menu and you can pick how many of each potion you want? ( to a limit of 25 )
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

You should just appear with a pack of regs, bandages, and potions. Bring your own equipables. When you die, your backpack items are resupplied. Items in your pack should be non-movable.

I think that could work fairly week with some adjustments and numbers set
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Jaster wrote:*everyone enters the game with just a robe of the color team they are on and the weapons/armor they choose to wear. All other items besides spellbook will not be in your backpack.

*Reg stone at each teams base will supply 50 of each reg, 10 of each potion and 50 bandages.

*if anything is dropped on the floor during the match, it will instantly decay.

*can use reg stone as many times are you wish, but are limited to the usual weight limit and item limit.
Good idea expect I don't like the last point. I'd suggest that these stones have a re-use delay of 1-2 min. Camping at the stone and loading up is just not a great idea imho. There should be some thought to resource use.

Besides, unlimited refresh potions severly limits the intended inherant benefit of macing. I mean, serioulsy, how much mage friendly can we keep these events?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

Make it so that you can only use it once until you die again, that would make people conserve there resources to a extent.

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

That would work.
A single-click resource stone that gave you; (just guestimations)

8 of each beneficial potion.
5 or so DP or GP potions.
5 or so explosion poitions.
150 of each reg.
250 bandages.

Weapons and Armor are supplied by the event attendee; based on whether or not magical items are allowed.
- Bud of Atlantic

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Tagarr wrote:That would work.
A single-click resource stone that gave you; (just guestimations)

8 of each beneficial potion.
5 or so DP or GP potions.
5 or so explosion poitions.
150 of each reg.
250 bandages.

Weapons and Armor are supplied by the event attendee; based on whether or not magical items are allowed.
That's much better. 5 bottles of DP would be a lot of poison hits.

Perhaps 2 or 3 poison bottles. This would also make it where a person would think twice before DPing team mates weapons for them and conserve the poison for themselves.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

RoadKill wrote:You should just appear with a pack of regs, bandages, and potions. Bring your own equipables. When you die, your backpack items are resupplied. Items in your pack should be non-movable.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

Hemperor wrote:
RoadKill wrote:You should just appear with a pack of regs, bandages, and potions. Bring your own equipables. When you die, your backpack items are resupplied. Items in your pack should be non-movable.

I did not see this suggestion;

I think this is probably the easiest to do, and creates less hassle for players.

The important part would be picking appropriate amounts of resources so that people still aren't too "overstocked", and need to pay attention to what consumeables they are using, and using those at appropriate times.

My suggestion would be around what I mentioned above, maybe a few less bandages.

8 of each (heal/cure/refresh)
3 of each str/dex

5 explosion
5 DP potions

150 of each reg.

150 bandages?

I do not think that items should be locked in backpacks. They should be shareable.

Scenario: Team CTF matches, friend is out of refresh pots..."Oh sorry dude, you'll have to run out there and die to get pots, because I can't share what I have..."
Doesn't quite make sense.

But then there will also be the people who dump all their pots on team-mates then go sacrifice themselves to restock, possibly multiple times; This needs to be combatted somehow.

Possibly a timer on how often your character can get restocked?
(Once every 2-3 minutes?)
- Bud of Atlantic

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

But then there will also be the people who dump all their pots on team-mates then go sacrifice themselves to restock, possibly multiple times; This needs to be combatted somehow.
its as simple as no trading items, or dragging them for that matter in events...there is no need to anyways.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

5 DP pots can be used fairly quickly, and be cured easily. (1 arch cure will remove it, as well as a cure pot.)
1 on each weapon.

IE: If a dexer carries 2 weapons and poisons both weapons once; then repoisons them during combat, he already only has 1 poison pot left...

That's maybe 5 minutes of fighting?

I dunno; someone would have to make the executive decision, those were just my initial thoughts.
- Bud of Atlantic

venox

Post by venox »

maybe have a pot count, and you get to choose what you spend it on.

as an example

30pots

and thus i may choose:
6 heal
10 cure
5 refresh
2 str
2 agl
3 dp
2 exp

i suggest this because different character have diff strengths, and well dexxers will just get punished by poison spell if they dont have a method to cure
and thus each player can choose how to best counter such things. well the idea is there. i know there is cross curing but that isnt always reliable in chaotic warfare.