FNG

Topics related to Second Age
sportsfan35

FNG

Post by sportsfan35 »

Greetings,

I'm new to this shard (about a month old), and am excited about getting back into playing the best game of all time!

I've done an extensive amount of reading on this forum and in the wiki (when it was up and running), in an attempt to re-educate myself about this game.

I'm slowly learning the current players' roles, as well as the in-game lingo and economy.

It's been about 14 yrs. since I last played UO, and so far I'm loving it (aside from being killed by Vega and blown up by Downs).

Actually getting killed is one of the best parts of this game. You get smarter every day and either learn to defend yourself, or learn how to kill others once you're strong enough!

I began playing in the midst of the Cranky Christmas event and didn't really know what was going on at first (I thought I got pked by a guy named "Grinch" who didn't like to loot).

After I caught on, the event was spectacular! The loot I acquired helped me get some funds to begin establishing some characters and buy a house.

I give the GMs on this shard mad props for the great work that they do! Keep it up!

I'll probably post some newbish questions, so please bear with me (and help me if you can).

Cheers!

Bixby Legbone

Re: FNG

Post by Bixby Legbone »

sportsfan35 wrote:Greetings,

I'm new to this shard (about a month old), and am excited about getting back into playing the best game of all time!

I've done an extensive amount of reading on this forum and in the wiki (when it was up and running), in an attempt to re-educate myself about this game.

I'm slowly learning the current players' roles, as well as the in-game lingo and economy.

It's been about 14 yrs. since I last played UO, and so far I'm loving it (aside from being killed by Vega and blown up by Downs).

Actually getting killed is one of the best parts of this game. You get smarter every day and either learn to defend yourself, or learn how to kill others once you're strong enough!

I began playing in the midst of the Cranky Christmas event and didn't really know what was going on at first (I thought I got pked by a guy named "Grinch" who didn't like to loot).

After I caught on, the event was spectacular! The loot I acquired helped me get some funds to begin establishing some characters and buy a house.

I give the GMs on this shard mad props for the great work that they do! Keep it up!

I'll probably post some newbish questions, so please bear with me (and help me if you can).

Cheers!

Welcome again and I am glad you are enjoying yourself! That is hilarious with your encounter with a Grinch! Maybe next xmas someone will name their char that and go around murdering.

Blade Spirit

Post by Blade Spirit »

Welcome!

I myself joined recenly after having played on Europa for more than 10 years!

This is the best time period ever. Enjoy it :D

Brules

Post by Brules »

Be sure to check out the $$$ new player housing service that we provide to the shard! Thread is stickied at the top of the forum!

Downs

Post by Downs »

sportsfan35 wrote: It's been about 14 yrs. since I last played UO, and so far I'm loving it (aside from being killed by Vega and blown up by Downs).
The real question is who gets more style points for their kill?
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Downs wrote:
sportsfan35 wrote: It's been about 14 yrs. since I last played UO, and so far I'm loving it (aside from being killed by Vega and blown up by Downs).
The real question is who gets more style points for their kill?
You're the yin to my e-yang.
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

sportsfan35

Post by sportsfan35 »

I suppose Downs wins the style points. However, of all pks, Vega is the quickest to rez me...and that's all I really care about. :)