Some help with pvp macros

Moderator: Support Moderators

h0ldz

Some help with pvp macros

Post by h0ldz »

hi, i just started playing this shard and this uo version , i was a sphere uo player and just started playing on runuo shards, and i was wondering if any1 can help me with the pvp macros , idk if i should make them in-game or in razor, and in razor how should i make them.

pls feel free to explain me everything and sry for the trouble.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Some help with pvp macros

Post by RoadKill »

What are "pvp macros"?

Do you mean spell macros? You can set hotkeys in Razor or UO. I personally use razor for all 99% of my hotkey needs
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Post by RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR »

I'm assuming you mean hotkeys, because you probably use them in-game and in-game there hotkeys=macros.

You should make all your hotkeys in Razor because then you can put your hotkeys on the keys you type with and you can simply turn them off and on with another hotkey.

Example:

I have space bar as Harm, and the key I use to disable/enable razor hotkeys is \ which is right above my enter key, I never use it in conversation.

So I just hit space bar for a harm, then when I'm talking I turn it off so that I can type properly.

If you're mouse has a middle scroll thing, I suggest you make scroll forward to last target, and scroll back to target self, also I like to put middle mouse button (when you click your scroll thing) as next target. Next target cycles through all the possible targets on the screen its very useful for when you have something precasted and you're chasing someone, you just have to cycle your target to them and last target your spell.

Thats all the advice I feel is necessary for now I hope this helps you.

h0ldz

Post by h0ldz »

o i c whatu mean :p thx

h0ldz

Post by h0ldz »

yeh i think im already getting the hang of it, but in the spells we make on razor do we have always to set the last target and target self? or is there a way to do it automaticly?

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Well when you cast the spell you get a target, at that point you can either click on someone, or you can set your next target which changes your last target, then the fastest way to cast it is to use last target to have it target the last person you've targeted, or self target to target yourself.

I suggest you bring up peoples health bars so that you can change easily between targets, next target is just for when your chasing someone with a spell cursor up, and you don't want to stop to click on them.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I use the numberpad for all spells, and use the top line of numbers to type. I use the mouse like RAAAAAAAAAAAAR suggested, but I have 2 additional buttons on the mouse, one for arm/disarm (whatever weapon) and the other is bandaid-self. I only have 1 character that uses bandaid self/arm-disarm/and the spells, but I like to keep the macros the same for all characters. Also, it might be a good idea to have a Disarm-Last Target macro somewhere if you plan on using a weapon on a mage.

h0ldz

Post by h0ldz »

lol btw i always say macros when i mean to say hotkeys :P hehe my bad

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

MatronDeWinter wrote:I use the numberpad for all spells, and use the top line of numbers to type. I use the mouse like RAAAAAAAAAAAAR suggested, but I have 2 additional buttons on the mouse, one for arm/disarm (whatever weapon) and the other is bandaid-self. I only have 1 character that uses bandaid self/arm-disarm/and the spells, but I like to keep the macros the same for all characters. Also, it might be a good idea to have a Disarm-Last Target macro somewhere if you plan on using a weapon on a mage.

I used to have 2 additional buttons on my house, but I set them to greater heal, heal.

Also like Matron I suggest you use the same profile of hotkeys for all your characters its easier to learn that way.

I don't use my numpad but my spells are like this.

F1 HEAL F2 GHEAL F3 CURE F4 REACTIVE ARMOR (Never use on this shard) F5 MAGIC REFLECTION F6 PROTECTION F7 BLESS

` MAGIC ARROW 1 POISON 2 FIREBALL 3 LIGHTNING 4 EBOLT 5 FLAME STRIKE 6 EXPLOSION 7 PARALYZE

Q ATTACK LAST TARGET W GREATER HEAL POTION E GREATER CURE POTION R GREATER EXPLOSION POTION

Ill put up the rest later.

h0ldz

Post by h0ldz »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I use the numberpad for all spells, and use the top line of numbers to type. I use the mouse like RAAAAAAAAAAAAR suggested, but I have 2 additional buttons on the mouse, one for arm/disarm (whatever weapon) and the other is bandaid-self. I only have 1 character that uses bandaid self/arm-disarm/and the spells, but I like to keep the macros the same for all characters. Also, it might be a good idea to have a Disarm-Last Target macro somewhere if you plan on using a weapon on a mage.

I used to have 2 additional buttons on my house, but I set them to greater heal, heal.

Also like Matron I suggest you use the same profile of hotkeys for all your characters its easier to learn that way.

I don't use my numpad but my spells are like this.

F1 HEAL F2 GHEAL F3 CURE F4 REACTIVE ARMOR (Never use on this shard) F5 MAGIC REFLECTION F6 PROTECTION F7 BLESS

` MAGIC ARROW 1 POISON 2 FIREBALL 3 LIGHTNING 4 EBOLT 5 FLAME STRIKE 6 EXPLOSION 7 PARALYZE

Q ATTACK LAST TARGET W GREATER HEAL POTION E GREATER CURE POTION R GREATER EXPLOSION POTION

Ill put up the rest later.
i c , thanks for your help m8 il be waiting for more tips if u feel like posting more =)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Heres the other half of my hoykeys,

T TOGGLE DRESS 1 Y TOGGLE DRESS 2 U USE ITEM IN HAND

A TELEPORT S WALL OF STONE D INVISIBILITY F RECALL G GATE TRAVEL H DISPEL J DISPEL FIELD

Z FEEBLEMIND X WEAKEN C CLUMSY V REVEAL B SUMMON DAEMON N BLADE SPIRITS M ENERGY VORTEX

ALT+

` MARK

1 RESURRECTION

2 METEOR SWARM

3 EARTH QUAKE

4 CUNNING

5 CREATE FOOD

6 TELEKINESIS

7 INCOGNITO

Thats just my spells the rest are all miscellaneous razor hotkeys.

Return to “New Player Help”