Lumberjacking skill gain

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kenrick

Lumberjacking skill gain

Post by Kenrick »

Please do something about lumberjacking gain, it's terrible! Just harvested 1050 logs and my skill went from 59.5 to 59.7.

By contrast, same toon just mined 292 ore and got about a 4.0 skill gain from 59 to 63. That seems much more accurate. :mrgreen:
how does I bought horse?

Derrick

Re: Lumberjacking skill gain

Post by Derrick »

The skill gain rate (chance) for both is the same, remember that you get 10 logs on each lumberjacking harvest, but only one ore, but still even with 105 lumber vs 292 ore that does seem kinda slow. Does the skill gain for mining include smelting the ore, or just digging it up? It could be just bad luck.

alatar

Post by alatar »

I remember when OSI came out with Trammel they doubled the resources obtained in Felucca in attempt to draw players there.. Not really on topic but you get 2 ore for each successful dig, not one.

Kenrick

Post by Kenrick »

Derrick wrote:The skill gain rate (chance) for both is the same, remember that you get 10 logs on each lumberjacking harvest, but only one ore, but still even with 105 lumber vs 292 ore that does seem kinda slow. Does the skill gain for mining include smelting the ore, or just digging it up? It could be just bad luck.
No smelting, just flat out mining. Could be a little bit of bad luck on the lumberjacking I guess. It's not a huge deal, since there really isn't a lot of benefit of having 100 lumberjacking vs 60. I get wood either way. No pun intended.
how does I bought horse?

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

I have lumbered several thousand logs with only gaining .3 or .4 skill in lumber. It does seem kinda slow.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this

do0m

Post by do0m »

ecetres wrote:I have lumbered several thousand logs with only gaining .3 or .4 skill in lumber. It does seem kinda slow.

Wow that is slow. What is your lumber at to be gaining that slow?

I have a mule with lumber and mining, i do agree mining does gain ALOT faster. But as for the lumber gains i get .5 to 1 full point per thousand boards and im at 58 base (show real) skill

Dupre[THG]

Post by Dupre[THG] »

i believe LJ should be a tid bit faster specially since it dont effect swordsmanship
Lord Dupre , Leader Of The Guard
Lord Of Trinsic.

ecetres
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ecetres »

well I started at 0 lumber, but the gains have been pretty much like that all the way through to about 28 where I am at now since january.
Guerrilla wrote:
i know i cry alot.... its only because i suck, and I'm going to uninstall UO as you read this