What is the absolute minimum Magery required for...

Topics related to Second Age
Foxhound3857

What is the absolute minimum Magery required for...

Post by Foxhound3857 »

...100% success with Recall Scrolls?

Splitting 100 skill points between Magery and Hiding and I want to put every spare point possible into Hiding to reduce the chance of a failure when I really need the check to succeed.

The template currently looks like this:

100 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resisting Spells
100 Fishing
30 Magery
70 Hiding

So I need to know exactly how much Magery is needed (and not a point higher) to get 100% success with Recall Scrolls, so I can hopefully squeeze a few extra points into Hiding.

Bixby Legbone

Re: What is the absolute minimum Magery required for...

Post by Bixby Legbone »

I believe you need a minimum of 36 magery skill to always be successful using a recall scroll without the possibility of failure.

This is according to the UOSA wiki that notes a scroll treats the spell as being two circles of magery lower. That means a recall scroll is like trying to cast a second circle spell without a scroll. Then going over to uostratics magery guide and plugging in 35 magery gives a reported 97.5% success chance of casting a second circle spell, whereas 36 magery reports 100% chance.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Bixby Legbone wrote:I believe you need a minimum of 36 magery skill to always be successful using a recall scroll without the possibility of failure.

This is according to the UOSA wiki that notes a scroll treats the spell as being two circles of magery lower. That means a recall scroll is like trying to cast a second circle spell without a scroll. Then going over to uostratics magery guide and plugging in 35 magery gives a reported 97.5% success chance of casting a second circle spell, whereas 36 magery reports 100% chance.
So ideally I would want 36 Magery and 64 Hiding?

Bixby Legbone

Post by Bixby Legbone »

That's fine but you may fail hiding a tad more than you'd like. Maybe sacrafice some healing skill, or tactics, or resist spells for higher hiding. If you're hidden well you won't be in many fighting situations.

Foxhound3857

Post by Foxhound3857 »

Bixby Legbone wrote:That's fine but you may fail hiding a tad more than you'd like. Maybe sacrafice some healing skill, or tactics, or resist spells for higher hiding. If you're hidden well you won't be in many fighting situations.
I'll take a look and see where I can cut points. If I can guarantee a recall out before anyone even has a chance to threaten me, that's already avoiding a lot of bad situations too.

Volga

Post by Volga »

Honestly, you should drop resisting spells. That is pointless on a fisherman. Your build should look something like this (assuming you only want to fish):

100 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
100 Archery
100 Hiding

You could switch out Meditation for Healing, since fisherman don't really cast too many spells, and you shouldn't be recalling that much. However, GM Magery is nice for opening gates after you have stacks of 60k fish on your boat...
[13:37] <volga> ban escoo imo
[13:37] * Anarcho sets mode: +b escoo!*18cfc6e3@gateway/web/freenode/ip.24.207.198.227